• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is:

- League begins.
- Flare interrupts it.
- Flare climax.
- League continues.
- Maybe a filler or two.
- Departure episodes for Clemont/Bonnie/Serena

Agree wit' dis.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Nope. Iris doesn't appear anymore, its to late, unless she appears at the league to showcase a new sun/moon mega (Mega Flygon).

She'll be in the league and the one to knock Ash out of it.

Sprinter1988

My guess:

- Two league episodes
- Pointless interruption episode that has nothing to do with anything
- One week in which Pokemon isn't shown for some reason
- Three league episodes with Ash losing in top 8
- Another pointless filler
- Team Flare two-part conclusion.
- Three more filler
- Departure of Clemont, Bonnie and Serena
- Ash at home, finds out about Alola, leaves with Pikachu, ditching Greninja, Talonflame, Hawlucha and Noivern with everyone else at Oak's lab.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
My guess:

- Two league episodes
- Three more filler
- Ash at home, finds out about Alola, leaves with Pikachu, ditching Greninja, Talonflame, Hawlucha and Noivern with everyone else at Oak's lab.

If all this happened I wouldn't be terribly surprised. I do think however that this generation will yield a top 4 or maybe even a top 2 finish for Ash if we're lucky.

LizardonX

Banned
My guess:

- Two league episodes
- Three more filler

#truth tea

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
So ets guess the league ends on the 11th August. So we will have around 13-14 eps approximately. That is quite a bit to be honest, especialy cause they are already in Lumiose. Would like for them to revisit Batte Chateu or Chanteluines, but unlikely I guess. 3 episodes at least.

3 eps for Team Flare and 3 for coming back home and moving to Alola, maybe Serena will re-visit the Summer camp (Armor shipping) and then decide to travel with Ash.

HoennPrincessAlyvia

So ets guess the league ends on the 11th August. So we will have around 13-14 eps approximately. That is quite a bit to be honest, especialy cause they are already in Lumiose. Would like for them to revisit Batte Chateu or Chanteluines, but unlikely I guess. 3 episodes at least.

3 eps for Team Flare and 3 for coming back home and moving to Alola, maybe Serena will re-visit the Summer camp (Armor shipping) and then decide to travel with Ash.

Idk Battle Chateau after league seems weird. Would have loved to have seen it a few times during the series. Was hoping that would be Serena's goal.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Have those Malamars that want to take over the world or whatever appeared recently? If not, I think their might be one final episode with them post-league, as, if I recall, they mentioned coming back last time.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
What I want:
TF ends right after, stop dragging it on. Squishy leaves at the end of the two parter
Filler week
Emma arc with a send off for the Malamar and Xerosic whose the only one who escaped capture.
An episode dedicated to Serena and what she plans on doing next. Clemont doesn't really need one, he's going home
Good bye episode.
Two Oak episodes. Greninja, Hawlucha, Noivern, and Goodra get to go make friends with the others at the lab. Professor Oak mentions something about going to Alola for research and Ash eagerly wants to go with him to enter the league. And appearance of all his past companions; along with Butch/Cassidy reappearing to try and take the Lab Pokemon again.

What I expect:
Fillers
TF finale, Squishy leaves
Fillers
Good bye episode
Oak episode
SM

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I can't believe we are already nearing XY's end. It just seems like yesterday I was angstily watching the first two episodes previews...

Besides an expected end to the Pokémon League and the Team Flare arc, here's what I would like to see:

- An episode dedicated to conclude the whole Malamar plot. Like Zoruagible proposed, I think Emma/Looker appearing here would be a great way to end things. After all, those Malamar have caused a lot of trouble and they were quite the threat. Hopefully they don't get Zekrom's treatment.

- An episode that gives closure to Serena's feelings. I don't want her to leave Ash without him knowing or coming to term with her feelings on her own. She's most likely not going to follow Ash to the next region due to Yashio's offer, so she needs to come clean. Her will to find Ash was what started her journey. She would not have been where she is had Ash not appeared on TV and gave her the last push she needed to leave the house. I don't want them to end XY without closing the book on this love story. Sad to say, her romantic interest in Ash is part of her character and I'd feel lied to if they just ignored that. Her knowing Ash in the first place was what really got me into wanting to know more about her that day she was presented on Pokémon Get TV.

- An episode in which Clemont and Bonnie find out that their father is Blaziken Mask. I suppose this ought to happen before/after the League or during the Team Flare arc but if it isn't so, I want them to know in some way or the other.

- A couple of episodes in which Iris is present. Very unlikely from the looks of it, but I still believe Iris deserves to make a comeback. It doesn't have to be anything grand: I will happily take a filler or two in which Iris shows how much progress she's made with her team. Her issues with Dragonite, Axew's training, Emolga's attitude... It would be a shame to never see her back.

- One Oak Laboratory episode that does not only include Bulbasaur in it and that does not include a Team Rocket interruption. Please, let's just see the kid in some cool situation with his old and newest Pokémon and have them interacting.

15 episodes you say? Speculation time:

Episodes 1-6 - League episodes with Ash and Alain tying in the final
Episodes 7-9 - TF arc, Ash finally beats Alain. Ash vs Lysandre/Goodra vs Mega Gyarados Ash wins, Diantha figures out Alain was working with TF and he didn't actually win his gym badges, Lysandre rigged the league and hence Ash is proclaimed the winner
Champion League: E4 and the Champion use their ace. 1 on 1 battle throughtout
Episode 10 - vs Malva Noivern vs Mega Houndoom
Episode 11 - vs Siebold Pikachu vs Mega Blastoise
Episode 12 - vs Wikstorm Hawlucha vs Mega Scizor
Episode 13 - vs Drasna Talonflame vs Mega Altaria/Salamence
Episode 14 - vs Diantha Greninja vs Mega Gardevoir(Ash loses)
Episode 15 - Farewell and Pallet Town Episode

Ash: Heads off to Alola after finding about it from Prof Oak
Clemont: Goes back to being the regular gym leader
Serena: Thinks Ash is way out of her league and hence settles for Shota
Bonnie: Develops a terminal illness after keeping Puni-Chan close and spends her last days trying to find a girlfriend for her brother.(I don't hate Bonnie, just adding a bit of realism to the show)
Alain: Suffers nervous breakdown after he finds out how Lysandre manipulated him
Malin: With her Chespin out of coma she starts a new journey on her own

Last edited:

sheld999

ash goes back to battle chateua and gets grand duke then travels home via flying/boat and meets gary who just came back from ahola studying fossiles and shows ash another 7th gen pokemon ( if ash saw one at league 1st ) making ash decided to go to sun and moon ahola region

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
By the time the league airs, there are about 19 episodes left (Including the gap on June and the gap for the movie).

Can't see them filling that gap with more than 1/2 episodes being filler. The XY&Z season by now wasn't even that full of fillers. Can't see them suddenly doing 50% of the remaining episodes fillers especially since the league is rolling on and a potential league interupting with the TF climax to happen. Maybe 2-3 but not 8-10 episodes.

The only logical explanation of the league already to start right now would be TF interupting the league. Can't see the TF climax to happen afterwards, since it wouldn't be the ideal way to end a battle orientated series. And since Alain is participating, TF interupting a league full of megas shouldn't be suprising. And the fact that the league building isn't even finished gives me the feeling that Lysandre is all behind the idea.

Either way or another, I doubt the climax to be more than 4 episodes long. The league have to last at least the typical 7-8 episodes to decently fill that gap.

So I expect a longer league to happen. Like the first 5 episodes being the league, then 3-4 episodes TF climax and the last 5-6 episodes for the finals. Then 2-3 episodes as goodbye episodes.

I already had a feeling that Ash could rank up very high on this league. I doubt Ash losing to Sawyer another time after he lost against him the last time and especially doubt Ash losing to Alain another time after he everytime lost against him. I think Ash will win a rematch with all the trainers he lost at the last few episodes. Now against Wulfric and by the time the league starts against Sawyer and Alain. Also maybe the last Diantha battle could've indicated a rematch after Ash wins the league? Right now there's no character I can see Ash losing to right now. And the next episodes don't tease a typical league rival Ash can lose against him like Cameron or Tyson. Maybe there's another last minute character showing up from the nowhere defeating Ash.

Seriously right now. How much I can't think off Ash losing the league, the build up right now and a potential long league is the perfect opportunity to finally let him win the league.

riceant

I wonder what Charizard's reaction will be when Ash goes back to Oak's place with SmogonFrog, I can smell the salt already, zard will be sooo mad he is no longer the strongest. It would be funny to see Charizard battle Greninja for the right to be Ash's strongest pokemon lol. Maybe Infernape and Pikachu can get involved too. Hell, maybe Ash's pokemon should just have a insider tournament while Ash is temporarily away... that would be sick.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Something I think I should point out: BW had 143 episodes...but didn't have as many weeks off for specials/breaks that XY has had.

Heck, who's to say they won't have a special/movie between series like with Origins :confused:

The XY&Z season by now wasn't even that full of fillers.

The problem is that no one really wanted to see them--there's too much other stuff the writers should've been working on--and they were little more than updated OS stories.

And with our dumb luck that's what we'll get outside of the League and TF... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.