• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoennPrincessAlyvia

I could only imagine the whiplash the writers would get for that stunt. That would be worse than another Tobias I bet XD

Honestly I think most would be fine with it. I think they just hate seeing Ash lose but if Ash was shown to be the strongest still people would not mind. From what I can see people are just mad when a random guy comes in to beat Ash but I think if a legit reason like Flare doing something went down it would be a lot less hated. Plus it happened in the games (just one gen later lol)

As for a few eps of the final arc I would love an arc with the OG trio just doing random stuff around Kanto. Even if it was all filler would be nice for the anniversary and easy since Ash,Brock and misty would all be in Kanto. I mean I loved the eps in Pallet before Ash went to the league so I would be fine with something in that style. I just want a break between regions and time for Ash to chill over going right to Alola.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Honestly I think most would be fine with it. I think they just hate seeing Ash lose but if Ash was shown to be the strongest still people would not mind. From what I can see people are just mad when a random guy comes in to beat Ash but I think if a legit reason like Flare doing something went down it would be a lot less hated. Plus it happened in the games (just one gen later lol).

Well, we've had this anime going on for 20 years and lots of people want Ash to finally win a league. They're sick of this same rinse 'n' repeat formula of Ash losing and going to the next region and restarting. So if Ash is capable of winning this time, then I suspect that many people will be PO'ed by Ash not doing so. Especially if his loss is because of circumstance rather than him getting beaten by a better trainer.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
The Kalos is fast approaching soon. And Ash doesn't have a sixth pokemon yet. But if he manage to get to the Kalos League, then I hope that he can use one of his reserves to help him throughout the league. And yes, I believe that Ash does have a chance of defeating his main Kalos rivals such as Sawyer,Tierno and Alain in the league. With that said, Ash have a pretty good chance of winning the league this time around after all the experiences he have through all the previous regions. And he's already made got in Top 8 for like three times already like in Johto,Hoenn,and Unova. So there's no reason for him to be in that position again.

There may be a good chance for one of his reserves like Charizard,Sceptile, or Gliale can Mega Evolve as well. It would have be a lot sweeter if the Kalos League begins after Team Flare were taken down.

HoennPrincessAlyvia

Well, we've had this anime going on for 20 years and lots of people want Ash to finally win a league. They're sick of this same rinse 'n' repeat formula of Ash losing and going to the next region and restarting. So if Ash is capable of winning this time, then I suspect that many people will be PO'ed by Ash not doing so. Especially if his loss is because of circumstance rather than him getting beaten by a better trainer.

I can get it more if Ash was replaced without winning but Ash has done stuff like saving the world many times so that should be factored. Though if the league is cut short it would be like Megaman NT Warrior (Not sure if anyone won that tournament) Would be funny if they did a time skip and Ash won off screen.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Honestly, the league being cancelled would be worse than any loss on screen. If ash loses, he loses. It would be just as bad as indigo league with ash losing only because of the TR bs that made basically his whole team tired, and then of course charizard. I don't want any outside factors affecting anything. If ash has to lose, have it be against someone that is a veteran trainer with a team that is legit as strong or stronger than ash.

HoennPrincessAlyvia

Honestly, the league being cancelled would be worse than any loss on screen. If ash loses, he loses. It would be just as bad as indigo league with ash losing only because of the TR bs that made basically his whole team tired, and then of course charizard. I don't want any outside factors affecting anything. If ash has to lose, have it be against someone that is a veteran trainer with a team that is legit as strong or stronger than ash.

Thing is if Flare do do something everyone loses not just ash so I don't think the Ash hate would be as as strong. Though I am wondering if the people who are the type to go "ERR MAH GAWD RED IS DAD BEST ASH IS A NOOB" even watch the anime or just tune in to see he lost. I mean I had someone fighting with me about how Ash takes months to do a region but Red did Kanto in 36 hours..... Though part of me just wants the league cancelled due to Flare for something new in the anime.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Thing is if Flare do do something everyone loses not just ash so I don't think the Ash hate would be as as strong. Though I am wondering if the people who are the type to go "ERR MAH GAWD RED IS DAD BEST ASH IS A NOOB" even watch the anime or just tune in to see he lost. I mean I had someone fighting with me about how Ash takes months to do a region but Red did Kanto in 36 hours..... Though part of me just wants the league cancelled due to Flare for something new in the anime.

Perhaps the Ash hate in particular wouldn't be that bad, but people would still be salty in general by the fact that circumstance is what caused Ash to lose.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

The hate primarily comes from the arc fatigue of his entire journey. Maybe some definition of a pokemon master or more specific checkpoints might help, but not many people can sympathize with him since his entire goal takes too long.

TheHumanPokedex

The hate primarily comes from the arc fatigue of his entire journey. Maybe some definition of a pokemon master or more specific checkpoints might help, but not many people can sympathize with him since his entire goal takes too long.

True. Even though i like Ash it would have been better for them to have replaced the main character(s) every region with just the goal to beat their respective regional league.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm hoping for a Vaniville town tournament mini arc or festival or something for the last few episodes before the end of the series so that Serena's character can get one last chance to shine before she leaves the show. Maybe Iris could make an appearance for that as well along with Serena's Braixen evolving into Delphox since XY is the new AG and all

sheld999

I can get it more if Ash was replaced without winning but Ash has done stuff like saving the world many times so that should be factored. Though if the league is cut short it would be like Megaman NT Warrior (Not sure if anyone won that tournament) Would be funny if they did a time skip and Ash won off screen.

thing is ash will still travel to newer regions even if he wins a league that doesn't make him champion of the region. it makes him a winner. as they hold leagues each year. plus ash turned down battle frontier brain as he stated he wants to continue his journey getting stronger, seeing new places etc. plus we also got the champion league mentioned few times.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Ash probably would have decent training time with his new capture if he gets a new pokemon. After a while, he says farewell to his friends and leaves for Pallet Town. He learns about the Alola region from Oak and takes only Pikachu.

Arianna Krauss

It is highly probable that the league would be interrupted by TF , then continue after TF arc ends.
I would be really really happy if ash wins the league, but if he is going to lose then, it has to be in the finals and against redeemed alain.Who must've lost to him during TF arc.
I really want writers to give a good conclusion to Alain, Manon and Proff. Sycamore story.They deserve it.
But heck I wouldn't mind if ash and alain tie and either one or both of them challenge E4 and Diantha , that would utilise the episodes after TF and league. Making a total of 13-14 episodes.And thenThey don't need more than two episodes for goodbyes and alola foreshadowing (I know this is wishful thinking but I can't help it).

Last edited:

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
What if Ash really wins the League? And the last bunch of eps will be about E4 and Diantha? What if Ash really becomes Champion??? AAAAAAAAAAAA!

Navin

MALDREAD
So July 28th is the conclusion of the semifinals. With the way the preview sounded, Ash might actually have a chance in defeating Alain for the title.

August 4- Finals
August 11 - Finals
August 18 - Finals + Team Flare interruption/league winner coronation

August 25-September 15 - Team Flare climax (assuming it's 4 episodes)

That still leaves 7 to 8 episodes before S&M release. Assume 1 goodbye episode and 1 Pallet Town episode. However, if the writers hold back the Gen 7 anime release for a few weeks, there is enough time for Champions League...

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
So July 28th is the conclusion of the semifinals. With the way the preview sounded, Ash might actually have a chance in defeating Alain for the title.

August 4- Finals
August 11 - Finals
August 18 - Finals + Team Flare interruption/league winner coronation

August 25-September 15 - Team Flare climax (assuming it's 4 episodes)
That still leaves 7 to 8 episodes before S&M release. Assume 1 goodbye episode and 1 Pallet Town episode. However, if the writers hold back the Gen 7 anime release for a few weeks, there is enough time for Champions League...

Did the anime ever do 4 episode Villain team? I think 2 eps are enough, 3 max.

gliscor&yanmega

With the current episodes, we have about 16 episodes left.

Hard to say how long the League and Flare stuff will go. The league could probably be 6 episode, and Team Flare could be at least 3. So like 9.

I'd say at least one episode each for Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena, to wrap them up, then have a farewell episode. And hopefully have an episode of Ash at Pallet town. So that's 5. Maybe a Team Rocket episode.

Should do a Articuno episode since the other two got one. Evolve Pikachu in it. It could tie in with another episode though.

So long as they plan to give an episode to each character of the main cast, then there's not much else to do.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
With the current episodes, we have about 16 episodes left.

Hard to say how long the League and Flare stuff will go. The league could probably be 6 episode, and Team Flare could be at least 3. So like 9.

I'd say at least one episode each for Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena, to wrap them up, then have a farewell episode. And hopefully have an episode of Ash at Pallet town. So that's 5. Maybe a Team Rocket episode.

Should do a Articuno episode since the other two got one. Evolve Pikachu in it. It could tie in with another episode though.

So long as they plan to give an episode to each character of the main cast, then there's not much else to do.

Iris cameo?

Red and Blue

There is really no reason to push back the Sun and Moon anime now. Now that there is a chance that the league and flare can finish in September which leaves a month and a half for a champions league before Ash leaves for Alola

Soniman

Break the Limit
Why on earth would there be a champions league in the span of like 6 episodes

Why do people even want this? Why would you want a rushed champion league that wouldn't feel satisfying at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.