• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post Your Planned Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Teams [SPOILERS]

scififan21

So I know it like super early, but perhaps we can all talk about our possible future teams as the Pokemon reveals happen thought it would be fun. Personally I know that a lot of the first set of Pokemon won't stay on my team long, but I do enjoy all the ones we have seen so far. So everybody can start listing thier teams and edit them/discuss them as new stuff is shown? Also you can list your reasoning for each one you are picking/leaving off.

My Teams Thus Far

Pokemon Violet:
Sprigatitio
Pawmi
Lechonk

Pokemon Scarlet:
Fueccoco
Smoliv

Smilov- My little grass cat has that type coverage so I'll have to give a pass for him. Though he is cute and could evolve into something awesome so he is going to go on my Scarlet team instead.
Fueccoco- He is my second favorite starter and as I normally have a fire starter first he will be on secondary playthrough on Scarlet.
Sprigattito-Is just an adorable kitty and looks even more adorable in game so he is definitely my starter for my first playthrough.
Pawmi-I like having an electric type to start and even if he ends up being the Pika-clone and not evolve he will be there for a least the beginning areas.
Lechonk- Nice that it isn't a rodent and I just want to pet him he looks adorable hoping whatever he evolves into looks cool if he gets another type he might stay or go, but he is staying for the beginning.

Last edited:

falconlord

Fuecoco, Smoliv, Lechonk, Pawmi.

Subject to change of course based on what other early mons we get, but that'll do for a start.

These days the main team I use isn't particularly set in stone and I just pick up whatever new gen Pokemon I can acquire throughout the story, until I finally settle with one. Going to get Quaxly as my starter (continuing the trend of my first playthroughs consisting of me choosing the water starter), and definitely gonna get Lechonk. Fell in love with the thing the instant I saw it.

ShadowForce720

So far my team is just Sprigatito, I really need to see the other gen 9 mons to know which ones I will decide to use.

Now of course right now it is subject to change because I haven’t seen all the gen 9 mons and haven’t seen the final evolutions yet.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Currently safe picks are Quaxly and Pawmi for what we know of currently.

Most definitely will change though as we see more.

Red and Blue

Definitely going with Sprigatito. Out of the three non Legendaries shown yesterday I might go with Lechonk if it gets a Fighting type evolution.

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Final team for Scarlet and Violet

Scarlet

Skeledirge
Annihilape
Baxcalibur
Kingambit
Kilowattrel
Great Tusk

Violet

Meowscarada
Baxcalibur
Tinkaton
Ceruledge
Annihilape
Kilowattrel

Reserves

Dachsbun
Scovillain
Umbreon
Froslass
Persian
Zangoose

Last edited:

Orphalesion

I generally use mostly new Pokemon on a first play through, and we only know of 3 new regular Pokemon +Starters and Box Legends right now. I won't even know which of the starters I'm going to pick right now.

Though I'm probably gonna catch an use a Lechonk at some point, unless the evolution is really, really terrible.

Red and Blue

Just remembered in the trailer they showed a kid wearing a Tauros shirt. If it gets a variant I'll definitely add that to my team

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
So far it is just Fuecoco and maybe Lechonk. Definitely will need to see more Pokémon getting revealed before I settle on my picks.

treatyofversigh

Right now, Fuecoco for sure. If Smoliv evolves into a cactus like I'm hoping, probs Smoliv, and if Pawmi evolves, possibly it, too. I'll most likely end up with at least one regional form on my team, too. I only ever use new Pokemon (or new forms) for my first run through a game, so the rest of the slots will have to wait til I see more!

ShadowForce720

Right now, Fuecoco for sure. If Smoliv evolves into a cactus like I'm hoping, probs Smoliv, and if Pawmi evolves, possibly it, too. I'll most likely end up with at least one regional form on my team, too. I only ever use new Pokemon (or new forms) for my first run through a game, so the rest of the slots will have to wait til I see more!
Wait why would a olive evolve into a cactus?

scififan21

That same reason a woodpecker evolves into a Toucan . XD Can't ever assume something will evolve one way with Pokemon.

treatyofversigh

Its description on the official site reminds me of a cactus. It also just reminds me of a little cactus with a flower on top, even though it's an olive.

"The oil that comes out of its head has a very strong bitter taste, and it is not suitable for consumption. When startled or attacked, Smoliv will shoot this oil out, slowing its opponent down. It will then seize that moment to run away.

In the fruit on its head, Smoliv stores oil made from nutrients it gathers through photosynthesis. As a result, it can go for a week without eating or drinking. It prefers dry and sunny climates, and it seems to spend its days sunbathing."

(Edit: added the description)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
So far I’m just set on Fuecoco though Quaxly has the chance of being the first time I pick a non Fire starter since Gen 3. I also always use the regional bird so whatever that is will be on my team as well. Smoliv and Lechonk have potential to be on my teams if they follow similar paths to Ludicolo/Shiftry and Stoutland respectively but for now they’re in the maybe category.

Agree with @Red and Blue that I’d use a regional Tauros form/evolution.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I still need to see the other Gen 9 Pokemon before I come to a concrete decision but:

Version 1
- Sprigatito
- Lechonk (if I like it's Evos)
- Insert new Pokemon here
- Miraidon

Version 2
- Quaxly (If I don't like Sprigatito's Evos)
- Lechonk (if I like it's Evos)
- Smolive (If I like it's Evos more than Sprigatito's)
- Miraidon

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Since we haven’t seen too much yet, I’m just going to go with Sprigatitto and 5 Pawmis.

I’ll change it up as more new mons are revealed.

scififan21

Renamed the thread's title from "Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Your Teams" to "Post Your Planned Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Teams".

On topic, I currently have Fuecoco and Lechonk in mind. I don't like using old Pokemon during my initial playthrough.
Thank you for that. I'm with you I like to use new Pokemon I did that on SwSh and it was super fun to try out the new stuff.