• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post Your Planned Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Teams [SPOILERS]

Orphalesion

- Venonat: I have a rule of never using pokémon from older generations with the exception of the Caterpie line (since it is my favorite). But Venomoth really grew on me on the last year, and I suppose the fan theories that mix both Caterpie/Venonat lines made me start seeing it as a "coustin line", so I really want to use it as well.
Are regular Venonat/Venomoth confimred? :-/

Was hoping for those two to get a regional form with an interesting typing to make them something more interesting than yet another Bug/Poison line.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Are regular Venonat/Venomoth confimred? :-/

Was hoping for those two to get a regional form with an interesting typing to make them something more interesting than yet another Bug/Poison line.
Venonat was shown in the second trailer. There's still a potential for a regional Venomoth.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Now more returning Pokemon have been revealed, I've updated my planned teams:

- Sprigatito
- Clawitzer
- Talonflame
- Mudsdale or Paldea Wooper
- Fidough if it evolves into something good.

- Fuecoco
- Magnezone
- Vaporeon
- Lechonk
- Lilligant

- Quaxly
- Gogoat
- Florges
- Houndoom
- Gengar (if we get an item similar to the Linking Cord from Legends: Arceus)

falconlord

Depending on how early we get Fidough, I might include him in my team

scififan21

Updating my teams with some of the newbies. :)

Scarlet:
Fuecco
Smilov
Ceititan

Violet:
Sprigatito
Pawmi
Lechonk
Fidough

Ultra Beast Lover

Fuecoco
Wooper, with water absorb as that's a guarantee compared to poison point

A great thing about these games being open world is that you can right away choose to cover your starter's weaknesses. It won't matter if your starter can't handle the early gyms because you can just choose which ones your starter can handle and build a team that covers its weaknesses along the way.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Fuecoco
Paldean Wooper
Water-type I feel like using

Only update to my proposed team is Paldean Wooper (with Water Absorb) along with a Water-type I feel like using (maybe Clawitzer if it can be obtained in Violet). Other spots are going to have to wait for more reveals or Pokemon that look interesting to use.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I’m not sure who’s going to be on my team yet except for either Quaxly or Fuecoco, but I’m planning on sticking to a few rules for my team
  • I’m only going to use Gen 9 pokémon
  • I’m only using 6 pokémon like Ash usually does in the anime, though if I do cave I’m only going to use 8 max
  • I want my team to be based around the main theme of Scarlet & Violet, which I think is the past & future
As of right now, a few other pokémon I’m considering are Lechonk, Cetitan, Smoliv, & Koraidon
If the leak of past/future forms are true, I may also use my Hariyama from Pokémon Go once we get Home connectivity

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

I'm considering Fidough, I'll have to check its stats and movepool when the game comes out. The trouble is, I don't want any Pokemon to lag behind in terms of use, if Fidough isn't that strong then having one will cause some troubles in battle. And yet, I really want this little guy to be my following Pokemon. Fuecoco is just so tiny, I'd worry about him falling behind and Wooper is covered in mud and thus slower so it'll be putting in the extra effort to keep up. Fidough, being a pup, is built for long walks.

Then again, I suppose with the right moves and items, I could make it work even if its not all powerful.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I'm considering Fidough, I'll have to check its stats and movepool when the game comes out. The trouble is, I don't want any Pokemon to lag behind in terms of use, if Fidough isn't that strong then having one will cause some troubles in battle. And yet, I really want this little guy to be my following Pokemon. Fuecoco is just so tiny, I'd worry about him falling behind and Wooper is covered in mud and thus slower so it'll be putting in the extra effort to keep up. Fidough, being a pup, is built for long walks.

Then again, I suppose with the right moves and items, I could make it work even if its not all powerful.
You'd be surprised. I once used Alcremie as part of my main team in a Sword playthrough, not really expecting it to be anything more than a weak link, but it actually held its own surprisingly well throughout the game and even won me some important battles like Piers's gym. The same could very well be true for Fidough.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
Sprigatito or Quaxly (depending on their final evo)
Lechonk line
One of the supposed new dog lines
Hisuian Arcanine IF in game or a new fire type that I like
new Pseudo legendary?
Grass or Water type I like depending on the starter I choose

This is what I got so far. It may change as more new pokemon are revealed.

Last edited:

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
Fuecoco/Quaxly (One of those two)
Shiny Houndoom (Which we can shiny hunt for in the overworld)
Eelektross
Shiny Donphan
Shiny Froslass (Transferred from PLA)
Hariyama
Salamence

Other team options

Talonflame
Volcarona
Tyranitar
Ampharos
Azumarill
Umbreon
Girafarig
Pelipper
Seviper
Zangoose?
Altaria
Staraptor
Luxray
Hydreigon

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

You'd be surprised. I once used Alcremie as part of my main team in a Sword playthrough, not really expecting it to be anything more than a weak link, but it actually held its own surprisingly well throughout the game and even won me some important battles like Piers's gym. The same could very well be true for Fidough.
I kind of had the same experience with Chatot in my BD & Legends team. I used it in both games and it becoming one of my most reliable to weaken and knock out opponents like Girartina, Dialga, & Cynthia's Garchomp. Plus I've had a lot of other supposedly weak pokemon that turned out to be powerhouses like Emolga, Electrode, Rapidash, & Pyukumuku

As long as you train Fidhough in the right stats, give it a good variety of moves to damage & cripple your opponents, and make sure it synergizes with the rest of your team, it could become a potential threat. I strongly believe in the mindset that any pokemon could be strong if you raise it right

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah, I'll probably use Fidough. Even if he's not going to sweep every Gym and major boss fight, I can't just not have the little guy be my following Pokemon. I mean, it looks like they might have fixed the following issue as while the Pokemon do fall behind at times, they just quickly catch up. It's the perfect time to have a little pupper be the one following.

So that's three, possibly four if we catch Miraidon/Koraidon before the postgame, team members decided.

Autobot N

I typically like to use new Pokemon/forms but I'm not into any of the revealed ones right now. My preference has shifted from Fuecoco to Quaxly since the reveal (though I'm still waiting until the final evolutions leak to make my decision), and I'd like to add Mudsdale to my team

MagicEspeon

P. F. Magician
Too few Pokemon revealed to plan a full team at the moment since I only want to use new Pokemon in my first play through or old Pokemon I've never used before, but here's my considerations at the moment:

1) Quaxly3
2) Paldean Wooper2
3) A Flying Type
4) A Steel Type
5) A Dark Type
6) A Dragon or Electric Type, then Late Game Miraidon

Kind of love that we're getting the legend as a bike early on so we can build a bond with them. I definitely want to add it to my team later on.

This team should have decently balanced defensive coverage, for offensive coverage any of these pokemon having a Grass, Fire, Fairy, and Ice or Rock Tera Type would work for me.