• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post Your Planned Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Teams [SPOILERS]

Ultra Beast Lover

Fuecoco, Wooper, Fiedough, and either Eelektross or another electric type that catches my fancy. I'd prefer to have my team be mainly new Pokemon

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Wooper seems like a cool Mon to add to my team. Cetitan has also grabbed my intrest. But that all depends on the Dex and what Pokémon are available at what time.

Trillion

i've always been a rotator so i never limit myself to six pokemon. but so far - as far as pokemon that are confirmed to be in the game, i want to use:

quaxly
seviper
lilligant
lechonk
adding raichu, hatterene, and sylveon to this list

Damjean

Sprigatito
Slaking
Fidough
New Primeape evo
Copperajah (other Steel type is possible if there will come a cool New one)
New bug type
Salamence

This will be my main team. Thinking about adding 3 extra for rotation.

Ultra Beast Lover

Let's see:

Fuecoco can take care of Bug, Ice, Grass, Steel and since it'll be able to access Bite that'll take care of Psychic and Ghost types.

Assuming Feidoh stays a Fairy type, that takes care of Fighting, Dragon, and Dark.

Wooper takes care of Poison, Rock, Steel, Fire, Grass, Electric, Fairy

Eelektross takes care of Flying and Water types

Now I just need a Normal counter

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Okay at this point I think I know for fact the Top 3 that I want so far

Sprigatito
Pawmi
Wooper

Still haven't decided on the remaining 3 as of yet

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
- Fuecoco or Quaxly: leaning towards fire depending on the final evolution.
- Spewpa: my favourite Pokemon and finally back in a dex. Hopefully the PLA evolution toggle returns so I don't need to press B after every battle.
- Girafarig evolution: looks like fun and worth it if he's like Wyrdeer.
- Primeape evolution: always wanted to use this line but never have.
- Kleavor: if it's obtainable. Ended up using Scizor in PLA instead.
- Fire warrior Gilgamesh Pokemon: instantly sold on this thing.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
With the recent leaks, I'm going to have some troubles with making a team. I usually use 9 Pokémon on my journey, but still. It's going to be hard picking my main 6. All going to depend on the E4 and Champion.

FlashVSX

Violet is going to be Sprigatito, Dragonair (Though Dragonite is a good pokemon, but I like Dragonair's design more), T-tar Future form, and maybe a few others (like Gardevoir, Umbreon and even Hatterene).

Scarlet on the other hand has no plan, as I'm gonna make my family play the game with me with some twist to make it more fun for the first play through: They'll choose if the player character is male or female, the starter, nicknames and what I catch, what moves they learn/keep, if I grind or not and if I catch/kill legendaries/Mythicals or not. Basically, Twitch plays pokemon, but in real life (and knowing my family, they'll try to screw me over intentionally despite most of them knowing jack about pokemon). Should be fun.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I really want to start off with a female Snorunt, so I'm gonna have to catch one of those ASAP, or - if it's available soon enough - transfer one from HOME.

My character having this Snorunt is vital to the story I'm telling.

johno1995

Fuecoco is for sure gonna be my starter! I absolutely love his derpy, almost ambiguous-monster design. Reminds me a lot of early gen Pokemon. The only gen I didn't have a for-sure starter from the first look was Alola, so it's been nice to consistently go into a new game with a starter in mind. I really like the design for Paldean Wooper, and I typically always have a Poison-type as it's one of my favorites, so depending on what Wooper's evo looks like, I might stick with him or grab another. I really like Cetitan, so depending on what the rest of the new Pokemon roster looks like, I might end up with one. Pawmi is really cute, but I only would take it if it evolves and has a dual-type. Single-type Pikaclones are a snore, imo.

I typically use 3-4 newbies and 2-3 returning Pokemon. If I don't care for any of the new Poison-types, I'll catch a Seviper who is one of my tried-and-true old favorites! I also really want to use Winter-Sawsbuck because I love its design and I think that it's finally time to use one since I never used it in BW. I love Stonjourner and didn't get a chance to use one in Swsh so he's also on my mind.

DSDark

Breeder
Thinking of maybe using 6 pokemon. I don't generally do this.
Fuecoco3
Pawmi3/Electric frog2
Hammer3
Pooper2
Icicle3
Kamenrider2 (If it's bug/dark)

Red and Blue

Like I said before the forum got nuked I have a few choices depending on what starter I choose.

1. Sprigatito
2. Dolphin
3. Fire type warrior or Fire type regional Tauros
4. Steel/Fairy hammer wielder
5. Girafarig evolution
6. Unknown Fighting type.

If the Fire warrior is part Fighting I'll use the sixth spot for something else

If I go with Quaxly

1. Quaxly
2. Fire/Grass chili pepper
3. Hammer Fairy
4. Dark Dog type or the kamen rider if it is part Dark
5. Paldean Quagsire or new evolution
6. Cetitan or Ice Dragon Pseudo

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Most of the new designs look terrible to me, which is disappointing after the new Hisuian Pokémon just this year were mostly great. Based on what else is available, if I get either game - which is a huge if right now, lmao - my team will look something like this:

• Gardevoir
  • Altaria
  • Gallade
  • Froslass
  • Pelipper
  • Pachirisu
If other region’s legendaries are available, I’m hoping Latios and Latias are there and I’ll grab them. I’m also hoping to find out the Togepi line is included, and the Roselia line as well. That’s about all I care for.

DSDark

Breeder
Most of the new designs look terrible to me, which is disappointing after the new Hisuian Pokémon just this year were mostly great. Based on what else is available, if I get either game - which is a huge if right now, lmao - my team will look something like this:

• Gardevoir
  • Altaria
  • Gallade
  • Froslass
  • Pelipper
  • Pachirisu
If other region’s legendaries are available, I’m hoping Latios and Latias are there and I’ll grab them. I’m also hoping to find out the Togepi line is included, and the Roselia line as well. That’s about all I care for.
Togepi line is not in

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'm simultaneously a rotator and a prefer-to-use-the-new-Pokemon-on-my-main-team type. The "rotator" Pokemon don't have to be among the new Pokemon though, so Cubchoo, Shinx and/or Starly are confirmed as they made the cut for this Gen.

As for new Pokemon, currently, the grass kitty, and perhaps Smoliv and Lechonk early on, are the only new Pokemon I'm showing much interest in right now.

DSDark

Breeder
Is this information based on an alleged leak?

(It also feels so wrong that I have to wonder if a Pokémon is included in a Pokémon game anyway)
I thought it was confirmed but it guess it isn’t yet.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m definitely starting with Quaxly because I like its design the best and then adding Paldean Wooper (depending on how early it is found), Pawmi, Pikachu, Fidough, and Venonat if it is found early on.