• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post Your Planned Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Teams [SPOILERS]

DarkusHeracross

Quaxly3
electric seagull
kamen rider
fire blade or chilli kappa
hammer girl
ice/dragon psudeo
I might just use whichever bug type is the coolest or strongest

Sponge

Since people have been posting teams with spoilers I guess I'll give it a go....

Quaxly/Fuecoco (Water or Fire) (it's going to depend on their final evolution)
Frog (Electric/Psychic)
Engine (Poison/Steel)
Gold Idol (Ghost/???)
Two Headed Kappa Pepper (Grass/Fire)
Flamingo or Ostrich (Flying/Fighting or Psychic)

I don't really have much of an idea what my team will be based on the officially revealed Pokemon so I'm really just basing it off which of the leaked Pokemon sound interesting to me right now. It'll more than likely change based on how the concepts are actually executed.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Would like to include Grafaiai on my team but being part Poison sort of throws a wrench into things giving my planned team a big weakness to Ground-types. Ultimately it will hinge on what P- Wooper evolves into.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Completely reworked my planned team after today’s reveals.

Ace: Ceruledge

Honestly, if it’s relatively easy to obtain, I might solo the game with that alone. It’s that good of a design and a solo run could introduce some challenge if the difficulty goes back down to XY/SwSh levels. But if not, I’m going mono-Ghost, prioritizing the following additions to the team from confirmed-available Pokémon:

Hisuian Zoroark
Rotom
Gengar
Sableye
Froslass
Mismagius
Drifblim

I’m not sure if I expect H-Zoroark to be available without transferring or something, so it’s nice that there are some backups. Desperately hoping Aegislash makes it, plus Dragapult. Those two plus Ceruledge would make my three-mom team for whatever postgame battle facility they have this time, and it would be nice to see favorites like Gourgeist and Chandelure and Mimikyu.

Rapiido

None of the new designs really appeal to me at all. So far it's looking like all older Pokemon who haven't been in games for a while, but it sorta depends on what the final starter evolutions look like.

So far:

Sawsbuck
Houndoom
Tropius
Girafarig
Venomoth/Vivillon
Ampharos

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
I plan on doing a Normal monotype challenge for Pokemon Violet using Hisuan Zoroark, Grafaiai, and hopefully the leaked Girafarig evolutions. Maybe even Dunsparce if the evolution is decently strong even if it's just still a pure Normal type. Here's the first draft.

* Grafaiai (Poison/Normal)
* Wigglytuff my man (Normal/Fairy)
* Girafarig (Normal/Psychic)
* Hisuan Zoroark (Normal/Ghost)
* Staraptor (Normal/Flying)
* Cyclizar (Dragon/Normal)

Will have to pick the elemental starter so I will pick Quaxly on Vioet(I am getting the double pack from GameStop) for eggs or trading, and Scarlet will get Sprigatoto because I like cats. Oh, Scarlet Team:

* Sprigatito final form (Grass/???)
* Mismagius or the leaked "paradox" form since it would be Ghost/Fairy
* Armarouge (Fire/Psychic is great even if its signature attack is a fire-elemental Close Combat)
* Krawlf (just to say I got a non-water crab Pokemon even if it looks hideous)
* That race care engine that Team Star is sporting on their Starmobiles, heard it's Poison/Steel, want to try out need types
* Maybe one of the Eeveelutions. There is no new Eeveelution but they are versatile. ;)

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Sprigatito
Pawmi
Grafaiai
Ceruledge

The rest is unknown for now

Still haven't seen a Water Type that I like yet in this Gen. Might just have to trade for a Quaxly if nothing else

Autobot N

Completely reworked my planned team after today’s reveals.

Ace: Ceruledge

Honestly, if it’s relatively easy to obtain, I might solo the game with that alone. It’s that good of a design and a solo run could introduce some challenge if the difficulty goes back down to XY/SwSh levels. But if not, I’m going mono-Ghost, prioritizing the following additions to the team from confirmed-available Pokémon:

Hisuian Zoroark
Rotom
Gengar
Sableye
Froslass
Mismagius
Drifblim

I’m not sure if I expect H-Zoroark to be available without transferring or something, so it’s nice that there are some backups. Desperately hoping Aegislash makes it, plus Dragapult. Those two plus Ceruledge would make my three-mom team for whatever postgame battle facility they have this time, and it would be nice to see favorites like Gourgeist and Chandelure and Mimikyu.

I plan on doing a Normal monotype challenge for Pokemon Violet using Hisuan Zoroark, Grafaiai, and hopefully the leaked Girafarig evolutions. Maybe even Dunsparce if the evolution is decently strong even if it's just still a pure Normal type. Here's the first draft.

* Grafaiai (Poison/Normal)
* Wigglytuff my man (Normal/Fairy)
* Girafarig (Normal/Psychic)
* Hisuan Zoroark (Normal/Ghost)
* Staraptor (Normal/Flying)
* Cyclizar (Dragon/Normal)

Will have to pick the elemental starter so I will pick Quaxly on Vioet(I am getting the double pack from GameStop) for eggs or trading, and Scarlet will get Sprigatoto because I like cats. Oh, Scarlet Team:

* Sprigatito final form (Grass/???)
* Mismagius or the leaked "paradox" form since it would be Ghost/Fairy
* Armarouge (Fire/Psychic is great even if its signature attack is a fire-elemental Close Combat)
* Krawlf (just to say I got a non-water crab Pokemon even if it looks hideous)
* That race care engine that Team Star is sporting on their Starmobiles, heard it's Poison/Steel, want to try out need types
* Maybe one of the Eeveelutions. There is no new Eeveelution but they are versatile. ;)
gcOeQnU.jpg

scififan21

But they showed it in the reveal trailer did they not? Or are you saying regular Zorua/Zoroark is in and not the Hisuian form in base game?

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
After the newest trailer, I'm updating my planned teams to include the Armour Duo. So right now it's:

- Sprigatito
- Armarouge
- Clawitzer
- Paldea Wooper
- Lechonk

- Fuecoco
- Magnezone
- Vaporeon
- Klawf
- Lilligant

- Quaxly
- Ceruledge
- Grafaiai
- Gogoat
- Florges

Autobot N

But they showed it in the reveal trailer did they not? Or are you saying regular Zorua/Zoroark is in and not the Hisuian form in base game?
It wasn't in the trailer. Regular Zoroark could certainly be in, but it was explicitly shown that the Hisuian variant could be brought in from HOME, not that it could be caught in the base game

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
Oh sorry, Autobot, the trailer blinded me there. Still, if Pokemon like that aren't in the base game, why did they show it in the trailer? :(

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
It wasn't in the trailer. Regular Zoroark could certainly be in, but it was explicitly shown that the Hisuian variant could be brought in from HOME, not that it could be caught in the base game

Uh, it was briefly shown in the first trailer. That was CLEARLY the Hisuan Zoroark, or was I blind? :(

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
So if HIsuan Zoroark can be brought into these games, can ALL Hisuan Pokemon like Overqwil and the regional forms be brought over?

manaphysuki

my scarlot team *the first one i'm gonna play* :D

sprigatito.png
Sprigatito (f) - Nickname: Nya
lechonk.png
Lechonk (F) - nickname: Gluton *Normal-type*
pawmi.png
Pawmi (F) - nickname: Pamo *Electric-type*
fidough.png
Fidough (F) - nickname: fido *Fairy-type* nickname now: pimo
smoliv.png
Smoliv (F) - Nickname: Olive *Grass/Normal-type*
194-p.png
Paldean wooper (F) - nickname: Upah *Poison/Ground type*

water.png
Quaxly (F) - nickname: Kuwa *i wonder what she & nya are gonna evolve into :3 *

grafaiai.png
Grafaiai (F) - Nickname: Taggi *poison/Normal-type*
klawf.png
Klawf (F) - nickname: ? *Rock-type*

Last edited:

Autobot N

Uh, it was briefly shown in the first trailer. That was CLEARLY the Hisuan Zoroark, or was I blind? :(
iMF35Ku.jpg

Is this what you're talking about? This is from a section on the Japanese website which specifically mentions you can use HOME to bring Pokemon in from Legends Arceus

scififan21

Well that does mean it is coded in to be able to bring in at some point at least.