• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post Your Planned Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Teams [SPOILERS]

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I’ll probably use 3 different teams consisting of 9-12 rotating members per story route, and will then create an “all-star” team when challenging the Pokémon league.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I’ll probably use 3 different teams consisting of 9-12 rotating members per story route, and will then create an “all-star” team when challenging the Pokémon league
I do wonder if certain Pokemon will only be available on one or two story routes, or if everything will be available no matter which story you choose? This is something that's been on my mind lately, because team building would be a pain if certain Pokemon can only be found on, say, the Team Star story route and not the Victory Road one. Of course there's nothing to suggest this will be the case, but it is totally something Game Freak would pull.

Sponge

I do wonder if certain Pokemon will only be available on one or two story routes, or if everything will be available no matter which story you choose? This is something that's been on my mind lately, because team building would be a pain if certain Pokemon can only be found on, say, the Team Star story route and not the Victory Road one. Of course there's nothing to suggest this will be the case, but it is totally something Game Freak would pull.

I think it's pretty likely that you won't be able to do one route in its entirety before moving on to the next one. Even if you could you'd probably be over levelled for the other two story routes.

For example, the Team Star Fire base clearly has a big gate blocking your path forward, so presumably you'll be forced to deal with them before you can travel further into the region. (so there will probably be gym leaders you can't face until you've defeated Mela)

There's not much point in a big gate blocking your path if you can just go around it.

So to answer your question you probably don't have to worry too much about it since there probably won't be complete freedom to do whatever you want in whatever order you want.

Last edited:

scififan21

I think it's pretty likely that you won't be able to do one route in its entirety before moving on to the next one. Even if you could you'd probably be over levelled for the other two story routes.

For example, the Team Star Fire base clearly as a big gate blocking your path forward, so presumably you'll be forced to deal with them before you can travel further into the region. (so there will probably be gym leaders you can't face until you've defeated Mela)

There's not much point in a big gate blocking your path if you can just go around it.

So to answer your question you probably don't have to worry too much about it since there probably won't be complete freedom to do whatever you want in whatever order you want.
Which would a minor shame since they keep advertising the ability to pick your own path on your adventure.

Flashyspark

I'm picking Sprigatito as my starter and most likely using Ceruledge and Grafaiai. Might also pick Cetitan depending on what it evolves into.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
For now I’m sure about:
Fuecoco
Regional bird
Grafaiai
Potentially:
Lechonk
Smoliv
Wiglett

manaphysuki

continued from last violet team line up decision, which was:
violet team *only 3 pokemon on my team so far :> *

water.png
Quaxly (F) - nickname: Kuwa

grafaiai.png
Grafaiai (F) - Nickname: Taggi *poison/Normal-type*
klawf.png
Klawf (F) - nickname: ? *Rock-type* nickname now: Gake

wiglett.png
umi the Wiglett (F) *water type*

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Fuecoco
P-Wooper
Farigiraf

Only new addition to my planned team is the recently revealed Farigiraf. Not sure Clauncher will be a version exclusive but if ends up exclusive to Scarlet I may go with Gyarados or Azumarill as the Water-type on my team (waiting for more reveals of Water-types).

treatyofversigh

As of now, since I like to use only new Pokémon when new games come out, I think Fuecoco, Cetitan, and Farigiraf! I really want to use Ceruledge but I don't like doubling up on types- if I don't like Fuecoco's final evolution, I'll likely switch to a different starter and add Ceruledge to my team in Violet.

I think Sprigatito and Armarogue for Scarlet. Haven't given that version quite as much thought.

LambzGoHard

As of right now, none of the water types are really exciting me (it's my favorite type) but I guess that could change when the game releases and every Pokemon is fully revealed and I can take a better look at everything. As of right now I feel like I'll be using Cloyster & Gyarados for my water types for my playthrough's of both games. I normally like to try and use all new Pokemon on my team for my first playthrough (which will be Violet) but I'll just have to see which Pokemon are easily accessible early on etc. I just hope Pokemon Home will be updated quickly to connect with S/V.

Last edited:

scififan21

Got my whole Violet Team now with some nicknames picked out. :)

Sprigattio (Nickname: Shinra or Moxxie)
Pawmi (Nickname: Sparky)
Lechonk (Nickname: Wilbur)
Fidough (Nickname: Doughnut)
Grafaiai (Nickname: Stitch)
Ceruledge

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I pick Violet, teams can change:

Sprigatito (grass)
Talonflame (flying/fire)
Ceruledge (ghost/fire)
Krookodile (dark/ground)
Hatterene (fairy/psychic)
Miraidon (???) Can be switched for another Paldean mon

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
My plans now are to have Quaxly, Jigglypuff (or Igglybuff depending how early we can get it), Fidough, Paldean Wooper, Hoppip, and Pikachu.

Xanhawk

Lack of newer Pokemon reveals make it hard for me to pick since I exclusively use new Pokemon (and Regional forms).

As of now, Quaxly is the only solid yes as I always start with the Water Starter. I'm leaning very heavily towards Lechonk. But after that, the rest of the ones I am looking at can easily be changed, but I just don't know enough about the new Pokemon to make a decision. Maybe once the Datamines are out and I can see what we have to work with I'll be able to settle on Pokemon I want to use.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So far I only have four pokemon planned for my team based on the leaks, but it may change once we get the official reveals and version exclusives:
  • Quaxly
  • Ceruledge
  • Hammer Girl
  • Kamen Rider Grasshopper (If it is a Bug/Dark type)
Grafaiai, Cetitan, Primeape's evolution, the salt block, the ice dragon, & the pepper pokemon are all possible contenders too

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Fuecoco, Grafaiai, Farigiraf and the little rock mushroom boy.. out of everything so far, that’s all I’d want on my team.

BUT that may change, dependant on the evolutions of those who can evolve. Heck, I might end up loving Sprigatito’s evolution despite the fact I hate it’s first form, or I might end up hating Fuecoco’s evolution despite how much I love Fuecoco.. who knows? But Grafaiai and Farigiraf can stay, I LOVE them.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
-Sprigatito (Obviously a Mainstay)
-Ceruledge (Definitely a Mainstay)
-Grafaiai (tho this one may get boxed if I find something I like more)
-Paldean Wooper (If I like it's Evolution more than Grafaiai)

Unrevealed Pokemon Mention
- Hammer Fairy Girl is definitely going on my Team. IDC what it looks like, Steel/Fairy is way too much of a bomb ass typing for me to pass it up

- The Kamen Rider Bug sounds dope AF but if it is a Dark Type, I might have to save it for another playthrough because I don't want to overlap it with my Sprigatito

- Might also give either that Dolphin Pokemon or Wyvern a try if I like their designs enough. I'm definitely gonna need a Water Type for my Team and I still have yet to see a Water Type in Paldea that I like so far besides.....

- Quaxly. If I can't find any other Water Type in Paldae that I like the this might just be the first Gen where I end up using 2 Starters in a playthrough lmao

Last edited: