• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post Your Planned Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Teams [SPOILERS]

Owynna_Lore

Manners Maketh Man
I think I'm going with a theme of Team Derp for my main team. But there are a few leaked Pokemon and Grafaiai that I'm going to be tempted to use as well.

Pelayo the Quaxly (male)
Celso the Farigiraf (male)
Belén the Fidough (female)
Bruno the Paldean Wooper (male)

Obviously subject to change but these four are the most likely to be on my final team for Scarlet.

Older Pokémon:
Aggron
Copperajah
Corviknight
Gogoat
Walrein

While I'd rather use new pokémon, I decided to make a list of older pokémon that I may use if need be.

Owynna_Lore

Manners Maketh Man
Updated line up for Team Derp:
Fuecoco
Lechonk
Klawf
Bellibolt
Greavard
Dunsparce

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The grass cat, the fairy dog, the candle dog, the electric teddy bear, the purple ghost warrior

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Fuecoco, Grafaiai, Farigiraf and the little rock mushroom boy.. out of everything so far, that’s all I’d want on my team.

BUT that may change, dependant on the evolutions of those who can evolve. Heck, I might end up loving Sprigatito’s evolution despite the fact I hate it’s first form, or I might end up hating Fuecoco’s evolution despite how much I love Fuecoco.. who knows? But Grafaiai and Farigiraf can stay, I LOVE them.
I would officially like to add Greavard to this, what an amazing Pokémon.

Copley Hill Gym

Finally picked my starter. Only taken since the original trailer aired to pick it.

Fuecoco. That little fire Croc has melted my heart. So I bought the plush off Pokemon Centre.

I'm thinking the following as a potential team:
  1. Fuecoco - Fire
  2. Pawmi - Electric
  3. "Dark dog" - Dark
    [*]"RE Tentacruel" - Grass/Rock
    [*]"Dolphin" - Water
    [*]"Ice Dragon - Ice/Dragon
I reckon it'll be a bit of a slog to get them all, and judging by the latest leaks talking about the badges/level restrictions, I reckon the no.6 in my team will be a difficult thing to get hold of.

Copley Hill Gym

I do think, based on the leaks, that they've missed a trick in not having an equivalent Paradox Pokemon for a Paldea region Pokemon. Like - just harking back to other gens is all well and good, but surely the main critters of this new generation should be included in the main bulk of the story/new traits/gimmicks? Like - imagine a Paradox Pawmi, past or present. Could have even had a Paradox Past Pawmi evo with fangs ala the Gorochu missing third stage to Pikachu...

Last edited:

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I do think, based on the leaks, that they've missed a trick in not having an equivalent Paradox Pokemon for a Paldea region Pokemon. Like - just harking back to other gens is all well and good, but surely the main critters of this new generation should be included in the main bulk of the story/new traits/gimmicks? Like - imagine a Paradox Pawmi, past or present. Could have even had a Paradox Past Pawmi evo with fangs ala the Gorochu missing third stage to Pikachu...
Probably best to spoiler tag that, people outside of the rumours thread don't know what those are.

LambzGoHard

I still feel like none of the revealed Pokemon so far have a definite spot on any of my two teams. I'm just gonna wait until everything is revealed to really look at everything. The one Pokemon that I'm interested in and definitely want to use though is this gen's pseudo legendary. Such a unique and interesting typing and I'm looking forward to seeing it's design.

Xanhawk

I did a post earlier saying I needed more info, but decided to make one based on what seems to interest me with what little I know. So I am using leak info.

Quaxly is a definite as I always start with Water Starter.
Lechonk right now is still a pretty good choice, but may drop if it turns into a Fairy Type.
Stuck between Bellibolt and the Seagull for electric, Seagull would take my Flying spot as well.
Pepper seems like an interesting idea, so it may end up depending on how it actually is.
Grafaiai, Engine, or Crystal Flower all interest me and share Poison type, so if Lechonk leaves Grafaiai is in.
Last slot is probably the new Psuedo or Cetitan.

Trying not to overlap, but I may see some designs that I really like and just double up on what ever shared typing.

Plan on using a second account to do a bit of a themed team. Right now looking at an all dog team since we'll have like 7 or 8 different dogs in this game.

ebevan91

I don't normally pre-plan teams outside of 2-3 Pokemon and then I just build the rest of the team around them. Also I always use only new Pokemon for my first playthrough of each new generation but with the return of some Pokemon like the Skiddo and Tynamo lines, I kinda want to use them.

SneaselClaw

I don't normally pre-plan teams outside of 2-3 Pokemon and then I just build the rest of the team around them. Also I always use only new Pokemon for my first playthrough of each new generation but with the return of some Pokemon like the Skiddo and Tynamo lines, I kinda want to use them.
I'm exactly the same, the only time I've used old Pokemon is when they get whatever the new mechanic is (eg Mega Charizard). But most of my Shield team was made up of Pokemon I hadn't seen before playing the games - Grimmsnarl, Toxitricity, Centiskorch and Dracovish.
So far the only team members I'm considering are Fuecoco and Grafaiai, and I imagine Grafaiai will be replaced by something.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
The structure I usually like to go with when team planning is four new Pokemon and two old ones, with at least one of the old ones having a new gimmick like Mega, regional variants or Gigantamax, but depending on what I want to use this is very flexible. Based on what we've seen of the Paldea Pokedex so far, I think mist of my teams will be three new and three old, because there are a lot of returning old Pokemon that I really like.

Copley Hill Gym

Every generation since Gen 1, my teams for the play through only use Pokémon from that region. With obvious exceptions like Hisui, where you didn't have enough Hisui variants for a team.

My teams for online battling are a mix of all gens, mostly based around the ground and rock types and taking advantage of sandstorm. Which in years gone by worked well but now is probably a bit redundant. Always did enjoy that team. Have no idea what my new competitive teams will start to look like in future, it's a whole new Pokéball game...

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Now some leaks have come out, I'm close to settling on final teams for each Starter:

- Meowscarada
- Armarouge
- Clawitzer
- Greavard
- Paldea Tauros
- the hammer fairy

- Skeledirge
- Pawmi, if its final evolution does end up being Electric/Fighting
- Vaporeon or the superhero dolphin
- Lilligant
- Lokix or the Dark dog
- Farigiraf or the Psychic ostrich

- Quaquaval
- Gogoat
- Ceruledge
- Florges or Fidough
- Clodsire
- the Electric/Flying bird

I'd also like to use the female version of Oinkologne, but only if it's not pure Normal-type and gets a second typing, just by looking at it I'm guessing it might be Normal/Fairy, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Kangaflora

I have just decided on my final team:
Meowscarada
Skeledirge
Quaquavel
Flamigo
Annihilape

And in Rotation for the sixth spot:
Magnezone
Pawmot
Farigiraf