• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post Your Planned Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Teams [SPOILERS]

Sponge

I have a general sense of what I want my team to look like but it might depend on how easily available some of them are.

Quaquaval (Water/Fighting)
Revavroom (Poison/Steel)

These right now are the two I'm most confident about. It's unlikely I won't have them on my team.

After that the main candidates are:

Bombirdier (Dark/Flying)
Arboliva (Grass/Normal)
Scovillain (Grass/Fire)
Espathra (Psychic)
Garganacl (Rock)
Glimmora (Poison/Rock)

I don't mind type overlap but I'm not sure if I want both Arboliva and Scovillain on my team. I think I slightly prefer Arboliva but Scovillain has a way more interesting type combination which could swing it.

Someone told me that Glimmet was available midgame but I'm not sure how early exactly it'll appear. I saw a screenshot of a level 29 glimmet which doesn't seem too late if it was wild. I like the idea of Glimmora because my team might be very physical orientated otherwise....(unless I pick Arboliva over Scovillain)

I'm also sort of considering: Houndstone, Dachsbun and Ghouldengo but not as seriously.

LambzGoHard

Some of these teams are interesting to me. I always make sure to have an electric, water, fire & grass type on my team but it seems others are happy to leave one or two of these types off their team. I'm not getting the games until later, maybe until Pokemon Home is compatible as I'll be using some Pokemon that I have bred from previous generations. I need to have a proper look at all the Pokemon when Serebii updates and adds the new Pokemon to check movesets and stats etc.
The new water types (my favourite type) in this generation still aren't really wowing me so I'll more than likely be using Cloyster & Gyarados as my water types for my teams for Violet & Scarlet. I still have a lot of time to properly plan my teams though as I'm just about to start a Shield playthrough and then I've still to play Legends Arceus after.

Autobot N

Aight so I think I've got my team fully planned:
Skeledirge
Tinkaton
Dudunsparce
Water Paldean Tauros
Kilowattrel
Paradox Donphan

In future playthroughs, Iron Treads might be replaced by a different Paradox Pokemon I trade over depending on how high leveled they are in the postgame area, or a Mythical. Maybe I'd just use the inevitable Mythical that comes out next year, or I could home over one of my low level Meloettas (though I'm reluctant to use those since I only have 2)

I still have a lot of decisions to make, but at this point, I think I will just make the final choices while playing.

1. Skeledirge/Ceruledge
Fire/Gost, Fire/Gost
Ceruledge is one of my favorite Pokémon this generation, likewise Skeledirge is the only fully evolved starter I like. Charcadet is available pretty early but I'm not really sure if I want to box my starter or not.

2. Kilowattrel

Electric/Flying
I like the bird and while I'm not exactly sure how early it is available I cannot imagine it being very late. I don't really love any of the other Electric types and I prefer Kilowattrel over Bombirdier even if I like both quite a lot.

3. Espathra

Psychic
The design has really grown on me and Flittle is available pretty early. Also seems pretty fun to use in battle.

4. Wugtrio/Veluza/Dondozo

Water, Water/Psychic, Water
I want a Water Pokémon on my team. I like Wugtrio but I like the two others more(and Wugtrio is apparently pretty bad), the problem is that they are available pretty late. Considering sticking with Wugtrio throughout, having Wugtrio until I reach one of the other two, or rushing to the lake and catching one of the other two early and then breeding one to have on my team.

5. and 6. Clodsire/Garganacl/Glimmora/Brambleghast
Ground/Poison, Rock, Rock/Poison, Grass/Ghost
All are available relatively early I believe. Leaning most towards at least either Clodsire or Garganacl for their wall properties. I would also like to have a Stealth Rock user on my team, and of these Garganacl and Glimmora can learn it(well Clodsire can also get it, but only through TM and I don't know how easy it is to come by). Brambleghast is a wildcard that I'm not really sure how much I would need but I really like the design.

ShinyNoob

anyone used Skeledirge? can only see Meowscarada from clips and posts online.

Was going to pick the fire starter but might go with the grass one actually. Not seen enough clips of the fire starter. Not a fan of the animation on the water starter - had so much potential

dss_live

Water and Fairy-type master
Adjusted my teams a bit and made one for a third playthrough, now each starter has their own dedicated team. So many good pokemon to choose from. It's hard to fit them all onto a team of 6 . Teams are in signature. Central team with Quaquaval will be my main team.

Absolutely Absol

It's just Absol...
Ooh, this is tough... I'm trying to avoid using Pokémon that share same type.

Quaxly
Ceruledge
Farigiraf
Kilowatterl
Kingambit
Lokix

Would like to have:
Smoliv
Pawmi
Grafaiai
Dundundunsparse
Palafin
Scovillain
Revavroom
Brambleghast

Kangaflora

ADVICE: When planning a team of six Pokémon, always plan to have at least 20 Pokémon in Rotation as well. That way, you will be able to have better variety in your team. I have done this on UltraSun, UltraMoon, Sword and Shield, and it definitely works.

Lorphiiforme

Manta ray enthusiast
*Spoilers, I’m assuming leaks are allowed since others have done it* *IMSW = I might swap with at times*
Violet’
Meowscarada *Favorite starter*
Clodsire *My favorite*
Dudunsparce *IMSW Farigiraf* *My other favorites*
Chein-Pao *IMSW Ting-Lu* *The best legendary quartet IMO*
Brambleghast *IMSW Ceruleudge*
Solgaleo *Transferred in 2023 from SW*
Scarlet or my other team since i’m never getting scarlet in a while!
Skeledirge *Second favorite starter*
Clodsire *IMSW Dondozo*
Kilowattrel *IMSW Houndstone*
Arboliva *IMSW Tinkaton*
Chi Yu *Fishy boy*
Bombirder *IMSW Bellibolt*

Lorphiiforme

Manta ray enthusiast
Updated line up for Team Derp:
Fuecoco
Lechonk
Klawf
Bellibolt
Greavard
Dunsparce
You can’t have Team derp without
Dudunsparce, and Clodsire!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
ADVICE: When planning a team of six Pokémon, always plan to have at least 20 Pokémon in Rotation as well. That way, you will be able to have better variety in your team. I have done this on UltraSun, UltraMoon, Sword and Shield, and it definitely works.
That’s one thing I learned from SWSH & BDSP. Even though I had a set team of six, I had a several reserves & a bunch of no canon catches so that my main team didn’t get too overpowered

As for me, the three pokémon that are definitely going to be

Quaxly
Charcadet
Tinkatink

Baxcalibur & Annihilape will most likely be on my team too, but there are a few I’m still considering like Maschiff, Revaroom, Scovillain, Lokix, Orthworm, Fire Tauros, Gimmighoul, Tatsugiri, Grafaiai, & Tadbulb, while Koraidon & the paradox pokémon are definite reserves since they’re so late in the game

Last edited:

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
At least 20 seems way too many just for rotation. I often do team rotations in Sword and Shield, but I only have one other Pokemon to swap in to my team of six when needed, for a total of seven team members. I call this the "Magnificent Seven" strategy, and it's worked just fine for me whenever I've tried it.

Anyway, I've been looking over my planned Scarlet and Violet teams again, after finding out that
Clawitzer is a Violet exclusive. I was going to have it on my Scarlet Sprigatito team, but I'll just use Vaporeon instead, because I gave it some thought and decided I don't want to use Palafin.

Sponge

I don't know, maybe it's different now that the PC box is so easily accessible, but I tried to do a rotation for the first time in Alpha Sapphire with just one extra Pokemon and I really didn't like it. It always felt weird knowing one of my team members had to sit out on important battles, especially the champion battle. I think my team felt less cohesive as a result as well.

Personally it negatively affected the experience.

20 Pokemon in rotation sounds like it would be a pain to deal with.

falconlord

Yeah, 20 is way too much. My sister plays like that and I don't know how.

I typically stick to a core team of three (starter, regional bird, early grass) and then swap out the other guys as needed. Usually by about gym 4 I have my end game team.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I don't know, maybe it's different now that the PC box is so easily accessible, but I tried to do a rotation for the first time in Alpha Sapphire with just one extra Pokemon and I really didn't like it. It always felt weird knowing one of my team members had to sit out on important battles, especially the champion battle. I think my team felt less cohesive as a result as well.

Personally it negatively affected the experience.

20 Pokemon in rotation sounds like it would be a pain to deal with.
The PC Box Link and EXP Candies do make it easier, but I don't know if it's been said anywhere if the PC Box Link feature is back in Scarlet and Violet, it very well could be but I haven't heard anything about it.
Yeah, 20 is way too much. My sister plays like that and I don't know how.

I typically stick to a core team of three (starter, regional bird, early grass) and then swap out the other guys as needed. Usually by about gym 4 I have my end game team.
When doing my "Magnificent Seven" strategy, I usually go with a Grass, Water, Fire, Electric and something else, then rotate between two other Pokemon depending on what's needed for the situation. For instance, in my favourite Shield playthrough I did, I had Charizard, Blastoise, Leafeon, Toxtricity and Frosmoth as main stays, and rotated between Grimmsnarl and Golurk whenever they were needed.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
My team as of the point you visit the first Pokémon Centre:

Fuecoco (Nizoont)
Pawmi (Riki)
P-Wooper (Miasmoros)
Azurill
Ralts
Magikarp

Aside from my starter, the only lock for my team is P-Wooper. Currently tossing up between Azurill and Magikarp as my Water-type for the early portion of the game.

Last edited:

shadowF

Any good teammates for Skeledirge? Decided to go with him as my starter and would appreciate the help to build up a team for him to use competitively.

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
So far my team is:
  1. Floragato
  2. Azumarill (Azurill evolved at Level 13 so I am glad that friendship mechanics are buffed as I didn't want to end up with a Level 20 Marill)
  3. Pawmo (still trying to evolve this *****, I hate having to walk around with it for hours. At least it's one-shotting the wild Klawfs for major EXP)
  4. Fletchinder (wanted to use Salazzle but can't find Salandit and I've have a major ground weakness)
  5. Tinkatink (because of this, but I love the cute little muppet ^_^)
  6. Kirlia (this is not going to be part of the team, he is here because I need a Gallade when I start overleveling and am unable to weaken enemies for capture, so I can teach it False Swipe)
I plan on swapping out Pawmo for Gible and Kirlia for Espartha.

Chris02

My planned team:

Quaquaval
Pikachu
Scizor
Sawsbuck
Bombirdier
Tauros (Paldean/Blaze Breed)

I currently have Quaxwell, Pikachu, Scyther, and Deerling (Summer). I also have Meowth and Phanpy for Pick Up until I get my final team members.

Edit: I evolved my Scyther into Scizor, I also have Bombirdier and Tauros (Paldean/Blaze Breed) now.
Edit 2: I evolved my Quaxwell into Quaquaval, and I also evolved Deerling into Sawsbuck, and I have my final team now.

Last edited: