• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post Your Planned Pokemon Scarlet/Violet Teams [SPOILERS]

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
My planned team:
- Meowscarada
- Farigiraf
- Clodsire
- Armarouge
- Baxcalibur
- Pawmot

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
My Current Team

Kirlia
Gabite
Cyclizar
Lycanron Midnight
Firecroc (Crocalor is a stage 2)
Bellibolt (until i can get a Sylveon for now)

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I have Scarlet and am slowly making my way through early game, but it seems as if I may run into a few problems with my planned Scarlet team, mainly with the Water-type.
Of the three that I was deciding between, Clauncher is Violet exclusive, Finizen can only evolve during Multi-player, which I don't think I'll get to do very often if at all, and Vaporeon will have to stay as Eevee for a long time because the Delibird Presents shops in Mesagoza don't start stocking the evolution stones until you've done seven story missions. I have Buizel as a temporary team member for now, but it looks like I'll have to use it for nearly half of the story before I can get a Water Stone, unless I get lucky and find a hidden one while I'm exploring.

For my Violet team once I get that version, my two ideas for a team are either:

- Skeledirge
- Clawitzer
- Kilowattrel
- Klawf or Garganacl
- Florges or Daschbun
- Gogoat

Or:

- Quaquaval
- Ceruledge
- Kilowattrel
- Klawf or Garganacl
- Florges or Daschbun
- Gogoat

Which one sounds better?

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
For my Violet team once I get that version, my two ideas for a team are either:

- Skeledirge
- Clawitzer
- Kilowattrel
- Klawf or Garganacl
- Florges or Daschbun
- Gogoat

Or:

- Quaquaval
- Ceruledge
- Kilowattrel
- Klawf or Garganacl
- Florges or Daschbun
- Gogoat

Which one sounds better?
I would pick the Skeledirge team, if only because you mentioned wanting to use Clawitzer but being unable to due to it's exclusivity to Violet? Plus if you did use Clawitzter along with Florges and Gogoat half your team would be from Kalos and the other half from Paldea, which seems quite symmetrical and evenly split! Love it when that happens.

Anyway, I bought Scarlet but I have no idea what I'm actually going to use on my team! The starter choice in and of itself is difficult - Fuecoco won my heart back when Gen IX was revealed but I really do not like Skeledirge much, I think it's my least favourite of the trio. Sprigatito is my least favourite base stage starter but Floragato and Meowscarada are neat concepts? Quaxly -> Quaxwell -> Quaquaval is a solid line overall and what I'm leaning towards, but I'm not really feeling it either?

Some Pokemon that I do like include:
- Tinkaton (Fairy/Steel)
- Houndstone (Ghost)
- Pawmot (Electric/Fighting)
- Garganacl (Rock)
- Arboliva (Normal/Grass)
- Mabosstiff (Dark)
- Armarouge (Fire/Psychic)
- Clodsire (Ground/Poison)

That's pretty much it! So my team will be 5 of those dudes plus a starter. Whilst I'm feeling rather underwhelmed by the designs this generation on the whole I do appreciate that everyone has different (and varied) teams, which is nice to see? It's refreshing.

Jeppo

So far my team is:
  1. Floragato
  2. Azumarill (Azurill evolved at Level 13 so I am glad that friendship mechanics are buffed as I didn't want to end up with a Level 20 Marill)
  3. Pawmo (still trying to evolve this *****, I hate having to walk around with it for hours. At least it's one-shotting the wild Klawfs for major EXP)
  4. Fletchinder (wanted to use Salazzle but can't find Salandit and I've have a major ground weakness)
  5. Tinkatink (because of this, but I love the cute little muppet ^_^)
  6. Kirlia (this is not going to be part of the team, he is here because I need a Gallade when I start overleveling and am unable to weaken enemies for capture, so I can teach it False Swipe)
I plan on swapping out Pawmo for Gible and Kirlia for Espartha.
You must be doing something wrong. I evolved my Pawmo within 5 minutes...

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
My team at the moment:
Fuecoco
Pawmi
Smoliv
Nacli
Tinkatink

This is all before doing any gym. Really enjoying this game so far

vondecayle

Sawsbuck, Cetitan, Komala, Finizen, Maushold and Greavard. I wish we could carry more than six.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Team at the point at arriving at the Grass gym (defeated the Bug gym and Rock Titan)

Crocalor (Nizoont)
Azumarill (Praxis)
P-Wooper (Miasmaros)
Pawmo (Riki)
Pentilil
Ralts

Not sure if I am near the area where Watterl and Tinkatink can be found as they are two of the Pokemon I intend to keep on my team for the long haul. Though from the looks of things it will be a while before I can encounter a Girafarig.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This is what I currently have planned for my Scarlet team, though I’m not sure about the sixth slot:

• Quaquaval
  • Tinkaton
  • Espathra
  • Armarouge
  • Baxcalibur
  • Annihilape/Great Tusk/Iron Treads/Koraidon

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Alright, this is what ended up being my final roster:
  • Skeledirge
  • Baxcalibur
  • Tyranitar
  • Tinkaton
  • Corviknight
  • Gallade

Red and Blue

Alright, final team was

1. Meowscarada(Verde)
2. Armarouge(Escarlata)
3. Tinkaton(Rosada)
4. Paldean Tauros(Oscura)
5. Paladin(Azul)
7. Baxcalibur(Gris)

CiciStormy

Living Rotomdex
I actually did a challenge run on another sub-account of Pokemon Violet where the only Pokemon I used were Pokemon Cynthia uses. I picked Feucoco but boxed it after I got the required Pokemon:
  • Lucario
  • Garchomp
  • Braviary
  • Elektross
  • Gastrodon (West Sea)
  • Spiritomb (this was a lucky find)

Barrysun

My scarlet team:
Meowscarada: my main starter.
Armarouge: decided to try out one of the reviled fire types. fun to use too
Tinkaton: decided I need a good bulky tank that hits hard. and looked this girl up and wanted her on my team. (Replacing Dachsbun for fairy typing)
Dugtrio: one of my old favorites during red/blue and and a fast attacker
Luxray: an old favorite during diamond and pearl days
Vaporeon: a late game and realized I lacked a water type and had to raise an Eevee from the ground up to catch up with my other team members.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Partially because of the Tera Type Eevee event and partially because I like the character of Penny, four of my six are Eeveelutions, all from different generations.
Flareon - Tera Type Ground
Umbreon - Tera Type Fairy
Glaceon - Tera Type Dragon
Sylveon - Tera Type Steel
Pawmot - Tera Type Electric
Palossand - Tera Type Grass

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I have just about cleared the game in Violet which led me to thinking what I would would want to use in Scarlet. Just due to normal life I think I will be waiting until Home compatibility comes out before I decide to start the other game. But I have decided that for the first time I will be running a mono-type team. And given that fire is my favorite type I will be using that type for red game. If things go as planned this is what it will look like:

Skeledirge, Hisuian Arcanine, Cinderace, Delphox, Blaze Breed Paldean Tauros & Scovillain.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Yeah, I'm thinking about doing something I haven't done since Moon for my Scarlet run: a team exclusively of new Pokemon to this generation. I ended up not evolving my Charcadet due to taking too long to find a Sinistea nest, so I will probably go the Fuecoco route, since I like the Fire/Ghost combo. I boxed Meowscarada once I had my Umbreon, so I didn't get to go the distance with it. I'm leaning in the direction of Veluza, Skeledirge, Pawmot, Revavroom, Dachsbun and Garganacl. I'm also going to test myself by doing this run in Spanish, partially to test the Spanish I've been learning and partially to get different region Pokemon for Masuda purposes. >:D