• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post your Sword & Shield Pokémon Nicknames (Beware Pokémon Spoilers)

Kangaflora

With me, I'll wait for the games to be released, and then decide on the nicknames for them.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Inteleon (Xenia), Corviknight (Satriya), Obstagoon (Gene), Toxtricity (Jethro), Grimmsnarl (Osias), Dragapult (Phaedra) or Hatterene (Imogen).

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
With all the talk of the themes I'd use to name my pokemon, I ended up naming them after virtues.

So far, Sobble's name is Reassurance.

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
Iv'e been doing a nuzlocke on pokemon shield. Im currently at route 2 but here are the nicknames for my pokemon so far.
D.K the grookey, Erza the rookidee and Nami the yamper.

AG128L

My team nicknames
Inteleon - Percy
Frosmoth - Sugarplum
Coalossal - Rory
Copperajah - Charu
Flapple - Arwin
Rapidash - Priscilla

xayshade

Iv'e been doing a nuzlocke on pokemon shield. Im currently at route 2 but here are the nicknames for my pokemon so far.
D.K the grookey, Erza the rookidee and Nami the yamper.
Im soing a nuzlocke too, have you thought about how the nuzlocke rules apple to the wild area? Idk how to go about it

And my scorbunny is kazma, blipvug is dexter, and chewtle is raphael

Mr.Fiend

Everything stinks
Im soing a nuzlocke too, have you thought about how the nuzlocke rules apple to the wild area? Idk how to go about it

And my scorbunny is kazma, blipvug is dexter, and chewtle is raphael
Considering the wild area is divided up into smaller areas, i consider the smaller areas as an opportunity to catch more pokemon.
In the rolling fields, i caught Rocky the tyrogue -lv10 and in East lake maxwell through a raid, i caught Tomahawk the natu -lv20 (won't be using him until after beating milo)

Marzbar

I decided I’d nickname my playthrough team. So far:

Trevelyan (Drizzile) level 22 (007 Goldeneye tribute)
Starship (Dottler) level 23 (alien bug Starship Troopers tribute)
Shade (G-Linoone) level 20 (black and white are shades)
Death Petal (Roselia) level 23

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I decided I’d nickname my playthrough team. So far:

Trevelyan (Drizzile) level 22 (007 Goldeneye tribute)
Starship (Dottler) level 23 (alien bug Starship Troopers tribute)
Shade (G-Linoone) level 20 (black and white are shades)
Death Petal (Roselia) level 23

If you're going for Starship Troopers, why not go all the way and call it Brainbug?

captainfez3

The Chill Trainer
Grookey - Rascal
Stufful - Fazzle
Galvantula - Charlotte
Drapion - Timtom
Togetic - Geno

Still deciding on the rest of my team. I was originally going to name my Grookey Mongo, but then I saw that he had an Impish nature, and I remembered the book "Rascal" about a raccoon and I thought to myself, this is the perfect name, since it aligns with the beginning letter of his final evo.

edit: Eevee is out, I like Drapion better. Did not know Galvantula was in, so in honor of the presentation I made on spiders, including him on my team. Still have two openings. Might put Coaloassal.

Last edited:

Dicklaycia

Objectively Better Than You
I usually like having some sort reference when I nickname for Pokémon, and I name all of the new Pokémon I acquire at least once per species. Based off the first things that come to my head, my planned in-game team’s nicknames are as follows:

Rillaboom: Kong
Dubwool: Ramsey
Hatterene: Irene
Cursola: Blanche
Toxtricity: Felicity
Falinks: Dory

Nothing’s set in stone quite yet, as these are all just spitballing until I get a chance to play.

HappyHawlucha

So far I have:

Funky the Thwackey(Because of Funky Kong and because he makes funky beats)
Vika the Corvisquire(After the Raven Laguz from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
??? the Linoone(Still up for suggestions I have no idea)
Lucina the Farfetch'd(After Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening, I was gonna call it Felix after the sword fighter from Three Houses but the first one I encountered was a girl sooo)
Nephrite the Centiskorch(After Nephrite from Steven Universe, who took the form of a giant centipede for most of the show)
Would love ideas for Linoone; Cufant and Impidimp when I get there.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
TEAM SO FAR:

Rilla Panic (Thwackey)
Ramabam (Wooloo)
Bandikahoots (Thievul)
Elevenectric (Toxel)

I am stretching the limits of the 12 char limit lmao

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I named two pokemon in my playthrough so far, I named Nickit Swiper for fairly obvious reasons and then I named Yamper Rocky just cuz I've always wanted a dog named Rocky lol.

WolfCypher

Galarian Weezing - Gassy Passy
Cursola - Dead Cell
Sirfetch'd - Onion Knight (!!)
Alcremie - Sweet Vanila
Mr. Rime - Chappie