• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Post your Sword & Shield Pokémon Nicknames (Beware Pokémon Spoilers)

DragonSin91

G-Max Charizard - Escanor/Meliodas (depends on whether I'm using my shiny one or not)
Shiny Gardevoir - Ella (P5R reference)
Shiny Garchomp - Zangetsu (Bleach reference. Let's be real, Garchomp's arm fins look quite similar to Zangetsu's original Shikai)
Shiny Spiritomb - Altergeist (Yugioh reference. Altergeist is a Spellcaster themed deck that has a trap card called Altergeist Haunted Rock)
Buzzwole - StarPlatinum (Jojo reference)
Roserade - Ruby Rose (RWBY reference)

Last edited:

SilverSneasel

Yokohama Gym Leader
Cinderace - Amatsuki - I´m not sure why, I thought it was cool. Plus "tsuki" refers to the moon, which rabbits are associated to.
Dubwool - Chuuya - Bungou Stray Dogs reference, for the character is the "King of Sheep".
Thievul - Dazai - Also from BSD. The character is cunning as a fox and some merchandise shows him as a kitsune.
Hatterene - Morgana - The legendary sorceress from King Arthur tales.
Female Meowstic - Tsuneko - A gloomy waitress from the book "No Longer Human". And sure, the "neko" (cat).
Shiny Galarian Rapidash - Lily - Delicate aspect and colors of the flower fit him perfectly.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I named my Galarian Zapdos Roadrunner after I failed to catch it at least five times.

i named mine MeepMeep!
my shiny galar rapidash is named Pukey
Gardevoir is usually Ribbons

BennuBird

I named my Scorbunny Robbie at first after Robbie the rabbit from Silent Hill. Then he became a Cinderace and I’m like “Yeah you’re Ronaldo now.” Especially after seeing him use Pyro Ball. That was so cool. Being Portuguese, I also felt like my heritage demands me to name him after a Portuguese soccer player

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Got my six Kubfu and named him “Wavey” as I intend to evolve him using the Water Tower scroll.

TheTrueRman

Amateur Breeder and Legend Collector
Heres a bunch when i was on a Nickname Spree
*M Inteleon- Bond
*M Rillaboom- Styx
*F Cinderace- Rose
*F Charizard- Zarra
*F Venusaur- Flora
*M Blastoise- Tank
*F Toxitricity- Nailz
*M Corviknight- Chrom
*Incineroar- Rojo

Eevees- Eden, Elysium
Flareon- Scorch
Umbreon- Nier
Espeon- PK
Leafeon- Tree
Glaceon- Aurora
Sylveon- Pink Female named Sweetie, Shiny Male named Bleu

NeedsAName

Heres a bunch when i was on a Nickname Spree
*M Inteleon- Bond
*M Rillaboom- Styx
*F Cinderace- Rose
*F Charizard- Zarra
*F Venusaur- Flora
*M Blastoise- Tank
*F Toxitricity- Nailz
*M Corviknight- Chrom
*Incineroar- Rojo

Eevees- Eden, Elysium
Flareon- Scorch
Umbreon- Nier
Espeon- PK
Leafeon- Tree
Glaceon- Aurora
Sylveon- Pink Female named Sweetie, Shiny Male named Bleu
That's one of the most consistent naming aesthetics I've ever seen.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I started a new save in Sword and I chose Scorbunny and named him Hotshot which I think is fitting given Scorbunny’s inspiration.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
My Pincurchin in the game I actually nicknamed Duny after the Urchin Knight/Emhyr from Witcher.

I also nicknamed my Dracozolt, Wallace, cause he's in the wrong trousers.

Also nicknamed my Single-Strike Urshifu as Mando cause my GF nicknamed her Rapid-Strike Urshifu as Beskar.