• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Potato Master Race Ou team of bulky stuff

joepotatoe

Dunsparce MasterRace
This team didn't have much thinking behind it, I just sorta went With what I felt would work and... it did, So I'm posting it here to seee if it can get any better.

683.png

Landorus-T @ Choice scarf
Ability: levitate
EVs:252 atk 252 speed 4 sp def
Nature: adamant
- U.turn
- Earthquake
- stone edge
- Superpower

Counters stuff that used to be a pin to my team, such as jirachi and thundurus-T, changed nature from jolly because genesect usualli goes for hasty xD

534.gif

Conkeldurr @ lefties
Ability: guts
EVs: 252 hp 252atk 4 sp def
- Mach punch
- Drain punch
- bulk up
- Payback

Standard bulk up conk, nicely counters tyranitar, heatran and ferrothorn.
Conk is really amazing, after a couple bulk ups, it tears stuff up, even if just with mach punch.

149.gif

Dragonite @ lefties
Ability: multiscale
EVs: 252hp 44 atk 212speed
- Dragon claw
- fire punch
- roost
- dragon dance

Standard as well really, This dragonite I picked Because I'm too lazy to raise more pokemon and I already have one of these ev trained.
It's probably my favorite sweeper, you can almost always land 1 or 2 ddances thanks to multiscale and roost, and then you just tear everything apart, EV's let me OHKO ferrothorn and scizor with +1 fire punch and I can focus the rest on not getting outsped.

593.gif

Jellicent @ lefties
Ability:water absorb
EVs: 252 hp 248 sp def 8 speed
Nature: calm
- scald
- taunt
- recover
- will-o-wisp

This is were I actually started worrying about an ice weakness, so I thought, WHY NOT JELLY-O, giga drain lets me recover off rotoms and politoeds, and is a nasty surprise for any gastrodon that switches into scald for the sp atk boost. My team had trouble with gastrodon before jellicent, but not much anymore. 8 speed Ev's should let me outspeed opponent jellicents and taunt them, and then burn something on the switch

649.gif

Genesect @ expert belt

Ability: download
EVs: 252 sp atk 252 speed 4 sp def
Nature: timid
- bug buzz/flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Ice beam
- rock polish

Genesect, the monster machine, it's the only "not bulky" pokemon in the team, it covers the ice weakness it had as well, and is a Great counter to...EVERYTHING, genesect is so amazing, it's actually throwing off the metagame, it might get banned, who knos? better use it while you can.
the choice between flamethrower and bug buzz is hard, but I change it regularly enough that it doesn't matter.

485.gif

Heatran@ lefties/shuca berry.
Ability: flash fire
EVs: 252 hp, 4 sp def 252 sp atk
Nature: modest
- lava plume
- earth power
- roar
- stealth rocks

OH HEATRAN, or what I like to call him, the wall it all, it resists pretty much every type any of the other pokemon in the team are weak to, and it can just come in, set rocks and roar.
I'm considering turning this into a fully offensive or defensive heatran, suggestions gladly received

Last edited:

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
This team didn't have much thinking behind it, I just sorta went With what I felt would work and... it did, So I'm posting it here to seee if it can get any better.

380.gif

Latias @ leftovers
Ability: levitate
EVs:252 hp 252 speed 4 def
- surf/hp fire/psychic
- dragon pulse
- Calm mind
- Recover

Latias, the first pokemon, I've always wanted to see the difference between it and latios, so here it is. after 1 or 2 calm minds it takes any special attacks brilliantly, and takes down ferrothorn or scizor easily with hp fire, but surf and psychic take out those goddamned terrakions that usually burn trhough my team the speed ev's let it outspeed a ton of things, like non-scarfed terrakions and such.

Conkeldurr @ lefties
Ability: guts
EVs: 252 hp 252atk 4 sp def
- Mach punch
- Drain punch
- bulk up
- Payback

Standard bulk up conk, nicely counters tyranitar, heatran and ferrothorn.
Conk is really amazing, after a couple bulk ups, it tears stuff up, even if just with mach punch.

Dragonite @ lefties
Ability: multiscale
EVs: 252hp 44 atk 212speed
- Dragon claw
- fire punch
- roost
- dragon dance

Standard as well really, This dragonite I picked Because I'm too lazy to raise more pokemon and I already have one of these ev trained.
It's probably my favorite sweeper, you can almost always land 1 or 2 ddances thanks to multiscale and roost, and then you just tear everything apart, EV's let me OHKO ferrothorn and scizor with +1 fire punch and I can focus the rest on not getting outsped.

Jellicent @ lefties
Ability: cursed body/ water absorb depends on my mood xD
EVs: 252 hp 252 sp def 4 sp atk
Nature: calm
- scald
- giga drain
- recover
- will-o-wisp

This is were I actually started worrying about an ice weakness, so I thought, WHY NOT JELLY-O, giga drain lets me recover off rotoms and politoeds, and is a nasty surprise for any gastrodon that switches into scald for the sp atk boost. My team had trouble with gastrodon before jellicent, but not much anymore.

Genesect @ expert belt

Ability: download
EVs: 252 sp atk 252 speed 4 sp def
- bug buzz/flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Ice beam
- rock polish

Genesect, the monster machine, it's the only "not bulky" pokemon in the team, it covers the ice weakness it had as well, and is a Great counter to...EVERYTHING, genesect is so amazing, it's actually throwing off the metagame, it might get banned, who knos? better use it while you can.
the choice between flamethrower and bug buzz is hard, but I change it regularly enough that it doesn't matter.

Heatran@ lefties/shuca berry.
Ability: flash fire
EVs: 252 hp, 4 sp def 252 sp atk
Nature: modest
- lava plume
- earth power
- roar
- stealth rocks

OH HEATRAN, or what I like to call him, the wall it all, it resists pretty much every type any of the other pokemon in the team are weak to, and it can just come in, set rocks and roar.
I'm considering turning this into a fully offensive or defensive heatran, suggestions gladly received

ok i looked over your team and there are a few problems you say genesect counters everything which is wrong because terrkion can beat it and choice scarf jirachi can ko it with fire punch, next if someone has choice scarf jirachi, ttar and gilscor these 3 pokes can pretty much tear your team apart same with thun t with hidden power ice and thunder.

put flame or on conk so it gets that big boost from guts also give it ice punch to catch switch ins such as gilscor or any dragon type, give lum berry to dragonite because if it gets burned it's pretty useless, now you say jelly helps counter gastrodon but gastrodon will kill your jelly just by using toxic, anyway thats all i am writing for now.

joepotatoe

Dunsparce MasterRace
ok i looked over your team and there are a few problems you say genesect counters everything which is wrong because terrkion can beat it and choice scarf jirachi can ko it with fire punch, next if someone has choice scarf jirachi, ttar and gilscor these 3 pokes can pretty much tear your team apart same with thun t with hidden power ice and thunder.

put flame or on conk so it gets that big boost from guts also give it ice punch to catch switch ins such as gilscor or any dragon type, give lum berry to dragonite because if it gets burned it's pretty useless, now you say jelly helps counter gastrodon but gastrodon will kill your jelly just by using toxic, anyway thats all i am writing for now.

I obviously KNOW genesect doesn't counter Everything, But it get's rid of many things, and of the pokemon you mentioned tho only ones I actually have trouble with is jirachi.
TTar is easily OHKO'd by conk or 2Hko'd by boosted genesect bug buzz, as for gliscor, Ice beam takes care of it, and for Jirachi I actually need some luck to set up a few ddances with dnite, it is however a big threat, but I don't realy know how to counter it, theres also heatran for it though. Jrllicent DOES get rid of gastrodon, I have tested it, and if not Giga drain what would you recommend? and thundurus T is a problem, But I have yet to figure that one out.

Ilan

I obviously KNOW genesect doesn't counter Everything, But it get's rid of many things, and of the pokemon you mentioned tho only ones I actually have trouble with is jirachi.
TTar is easily OHKO'd by conk or 2Hko'd by boosted genesect bug buzz, as for gliscor, Ice beam takes care of it, and for Jirachi I actually need some luck to set up a few ddances with dnite, it is however a big threat, but I don't realy know how to counter it, theres also heatran for it though. Jrllicent DOES get rid of gastrodon, I have tested it, and if not Giga drain what would you recommend? and thundurus T is a problem, But I have yet to figure that one out.

Taunt>Giga Drain it shuts up gastordon and skarmory and ferrothorn then just burn them and stall...

if jirchi gives you problems maybe try Earthquake>fire punch on dragonite it will hit for 200 BP and also beats heatran which doesn't expect EQ. also Outrage>Dragon Claw you need all the power you can get.
I agree with lum berry it is very important. it can't beat scarf jirachi but if it is at +2 it can outspeed and KO it..
on latias use HP fire cause ferrothorn and scizor are too common to not KO (they both counter you otherwise)

Ice Punch on conkeldurr for gliscor and dragons (that's if jellicent doesn't scare you)

Xenevix

Some Guy
I agree with most of the above but I would like to advise you in adding a ground type. If Thundurus-T and Jirachi are your biggest issues a bulky ground type can solve most of your problems. Granted Thundurus-T has HP Ice and Jirachi Ice Punch, but switching in to a Thunder or T-Wave with a ground type is a lot better than anything else on your team. I would recommend either Landorus, Landorus-T, or Poison Heal Gliscor. Landorus-T being the most appealing for your team seeing as you should scarf it and it will wreck Thundurus-T and Jirachi easily if it outspeeds with Stone Edge and EQ.

joepotatoe

Dunsparce MasterRace
I agree with most of the above but I would like to advise you in adding a ground type. If Thundurus-T and Jirachi are your biggest issues a bulky ground type can solve most of your problems. Granted Thundurus-T has HP Ice and Jirachi Ice Punch, but switching in to a Thunder or T-Wave with a ground type is a lot better than anything else on your team. I would recommend either Landorus, Landorus-T, or Poison Heal Gliscor. Landorus-T being the most appealing for your team seeing as you should scarf it and it will wreck Thundurus-T and Jirachi easily if it outspeeds with Stone Edge and EQ.
Taunt>Giga Drain it shuts up gastordon and skarmory and ferrothorn then just burn them and stall...

if jirchi gives you problems maybe try Earthquake>fire punch on dragonite it will hit for 200 BP and also beats heatran which doesn't expect EQ. also Outrage>Dragon Claw you need all the power you can get.
I agree with lum berry it is very important. it can't beat scarf jirachi but if it is at +2 it can outspeed and KO it..
on latias use HP fire cause ferrothorn and scizor are too common to not KO (they both counter you otherwise)

Ice Punch on conkeldurr for gliscor and dragons (that's if jellicent doesn't scare you)

I'll try Landorus-T, I'll remove dragonite or latias since their coverage is basically the same.
taunt I'll probably stick with since it sounds great, I'll try Ice punch on conk and I've been thinking about the lum berry for a while now, so I'll probably stick with that as well.

Outrage however I have obviously considered, But I'm not running an all-out offensive set, and Idont need all that power, since it's easily put to a stop by ferro.EQ, I would ahave tried but since I'll be running landorus -T i probably won't

Last edited: