• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

potato.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
s-crmt

There once was a boy named Jack. He has skin, potatoes have skin; therefor, he is a potato.

Spr_4p_454_m.png

]Toxicroak@Black Sludge
]Adamant | Dry Skin
248Hp | 252Atk | 10Spe
• Substitute
• Drain Punch / Focus Punch
• Sucker Punch
• Swords Dance

Sets up Double Punch strategy, priority power shots. Not really viable late-game due to it being heavily reliant on setting up. I'll just do it during early-game courtesies like entry hazards. 248 is a high Lefties number and a sub number, so I'll go with it.

Spr_4h_227.png

]Skarmory@Leftovers
]Careful | Sturdy
252Hp | 244Sp.D | 14Spe
• Roost
• Protect
• Whirlwind / Spikes / Stealth Rocks
• Toxic

Simple enough, spread poison, and make them yell "monkey fecal matter!"

Spr_5b_485.png

]Heatran@Choice Scarf
]Timid | Flash Fire
6Def | 252Sp.A | 252Spe
• Earth Power
Hidden Power [Ice]
• Eruption
Flamethrower / Fire Blast

Lure with Toxicroak, Skarmory and Breloom for the big Eruption sweep. Who needs the sun.

Spr_4h_080.png

]Slowbro@Leftovers
]Bold | Regenerator
248Hp | 252Def | 10Sp.A
• Scald
• Yawn
• Thunder Wave
• Slack Off

This one's kind of weird, but the Yawn is to force a switch, and on the switch in, I paralyze them. Don't really need Surf's extra power, so I might as well use Scald for a third option.

Spr_5b_286.png

]Breloom@Life Orb
]Adamant | Technician
6Hp | 252Atk | 252Spe
• Bullet Seed
• Swords Dance
• Mach Punch
• Stone Edge

This thing's awesome, in one turn's setup, I have 16% chance of hitting an equivalent of 731 base power with Bullet Seed. kekeke. Mach Punch for a strong priority, Stone Edge for coverage.

Spr_5b_612.png

]Haxorus@Life Orb
]Adamant | Mold Breaker
6Hp | 252Atk | 252Spe
• Outrage
• Dragon Dance
• Earthquake
Rock Slide

images
______

Rate Away

Last edited:

NidokingJ

Addicted2Pokemon
Breloom Wants seed bomb, Nice team

chap196

For Haxorus
I recommend Dual Chop more than Outrage because it can kill the 3s, Substitute, Sturdy and Sash (Focus Sash), also Outrage force you to use Outrage continuously and confuse yourself which using move continuously is not good because your opponent can predict and change to Steel type Pokemon and confuse yourself make Haxorus has 50% chance that Haxorus can't attack. If you still want to use Outrage, then I recommend you to use Choice Band or Lum Berry because Choice Band make you use only one move if you don't switch Pokemon like what Outrage did for 2 or 3 turns or Lum Berry to cure from Confuse, but I still recommend Dual Chop more, even though it is your choice.

Lapras!

Banned
For Haxorus
I recommend Dual Chop more than Outrage because it can kill the 3s, Substitute, Sturdy and Sash (Focus Sash), also Outrage force you to use Outrage continuously and confuse yourself which using move continuously is not good because your opponent can predict and change to Steel type Pokemon and confuse yourself make Haxorus has 50% chance that Haxorus can't attack. If you still want to use Outrage, then I recommend you to use Choice Band or Lum Berry because Choice Band make you use only one move if you don't switch Pokemon like what Outrage did for 2 or 3 turns or Lum Berry to cure from Confuse, but I still recommend Dual Chop more, even though it is your choice.

Not sure if you're genuinely trying to rate or trolling but I'll try and help you out anyway.

Outrage is a 120 BP move with 100% accuracy. 120 BP. That seems like quite a bit, doesn't it? let's compare it to some other moves with the same base power:

Blizzard:
120 BP/70% acc

Thunder:
120 BP/70% acc

Fire Blast:
120 BP/85%

Hydro Pump:
120 BP/80%

Are you noticing a pattern here? If not please allow me to point it out for you. All of these moves have an unreliable accuracy. Now -- what was Outrage's accuracy again? 100%? Doesn't seem too shabby now after all!

Now -- let's have a look at look at your suggestion: Dual Chop. It is a 40 BP move that hits twice with 90% accuracy. Therefore it is worse than Outrage on both counts. Both counts. Accuracy wise, it is STILL worse than the 80 BP move, Dragon Claw. However Outrage still dominates both.

Moving on, I can see you are making a case for Dual chop:

it can kill the 3s, Substitute, Sturdy and Sash (Focus Sash

I do not know what 3s are, so I'm going to assume they're a 5th gen thing (I have never played the games) and I will give you that one. The merits of breaking substitutes are negligible. Only a handful of pokemon use Substitute, ever, and the majority of those would be slower than Haxorus anyway. As for Sturdy and Focus Sash users, this is hardly an issue for a late game sweepers (which is what Haxorus is) because ideally, by that point, Skarmory will have Whirlwind-ed and Toxic-ed all of the opposing pokemon -- and toxic negates the effect of Sturdy and Sash. Besides, if Peacemaker REALLY cares about these unOHKOable pokemon, then it makes more sense to put moves like Spikes and Stealth Rock on his other team members -- not severely injure Haxorus' capabilities as a sweeper by burdening him with a weak move like Dual Chop.

Now, I see you making a case AGAINST Outrage:

also Outrage force you to use Outrage continuously and confuse yourself which using move continuously is not good because your opponent can predict and change to Steel type Pokemon and confuse yourself make Haxorus has 50% chance that Haxorus can't attack.

Being forced to use the move continuously is indeed a drawback of Outrage; however the 120 BP/100% acc is well worth it. Who cares if you're forced to use the same move over and over again when it's that strong and it gets such great coverage? Granted -- steel types are an issue. But -- god -- a STAB 120 BP move is still perfectly capable of doing serious damage to them, despite being Not Very Effective... Additionally, since Haxorus is a clean-up sweeper, most of the pokemon will have already been weakened.

Meanwhile, the confusion is such a trivial issue... all you have to do to get rid of it is switch...

If you still want to use Outrage, then I recommend you to use Choice Band or Lum Berry because Choice Band make you use only one move if you don't switch Pokemon like what Outrage did for 2 or 3 turns or Lum Berry to cure from Confuse

Of your two item suggestions Choice Band makes -marginally- more sense on Haxorus. Power is good. But Haxorus is a late game sweeper, designed to clean up ALL the remaining pokemon. He needs flexibility for that. Choice Band is far too unreliable. Lum Berry is just wrong. Think of how many berries poor peacemaker will have to harvest to satisfy Haxorus' unlimited needs! Additionally, there is such a thing as switching out to cure confusion.

but I still recommend Dual Chop more, even though it is your choice.

Even if all your arguments against Outrage had some substance EVEN IF THEY MADE SENSE... Dual Chop is a terrible suggestion. Dragon Claw is just... better. I don't even... fuck.

This is without a doubt the worst rate I have ever seen. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are a troll, in which case, congrats... you just wasted 20 minutes of my life.

@peacemaker: I'm not sure about Whirlwind and Toxic on the same set... since toxic damage obv. builds up the longer they stay in. Go with one or the other -- if you choose toxic add an attacking move in the empty slot. If you choose Whirlwind go with Spikes/SR > Toxic and Attacking Move> Protect. Entry hazards and WW work well together and it will keep our friend chap196 happy with his fear of Focus Sashes...

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
@ chap1996 this isn't competitive, it's an in game team, sub and sashes won't be to much of a problem, he should use outrage.

@Lapras! A lot of competitive battlers actually do use dual chop for the reasons that chap1996 said. Even if someone is to get rocks up, they can be spun away. As for toxic, a lot of players use these things called clerics. They offen have the move aromatherapy(or an equivalent) and a way to heal their pokes. Now let's say a choice banded haxorus is on the field and just ko'd my ditto (why would I use a ditto!). I send out my focus sashed Haxorus. He expects me to be relying on the speed to tie kill him but I'm just going to set up dragon dance (now I'm faster than him) and next turn I'm going to use dragon claw and ko him (taking this off of one of my really old sets). Now if he had dual chop instead, my haxorus would be lying on the ground instead of his, and now I can sweep his whole team if his Breloom is knocked out since I think that is the only thing with priority and I doubt he has anything faster (or with a SASH) However, this is in game so outrage is fine.

You also argued against lum berry. In game, I agree. But if he went and played competetively he wouldn't have to reharvest the berries. It could also help him not be paralyzed/burnt which would quickly end his sweep.

I must agree on the toxic part though, I feel as though you have the theory behind battling but no experience.

davidchu

Your WORST nightmare
Lapras!, you forgot Petal Dance lol

on Slowbro, Yawn is uneeded, because this is an ingame team, and you have thunderwave already. Sorry if this is a S-crmt because I didn't see anything that said that.
on Heatran, I suggest switching Explosion with another fire STAB, because looking at your investment in SpA and Heatran's high SpA, fire STAB (especially Fire Blast) will do more damage than Explosion.

Last edited:

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
^Bullet Seed is the better STAB move more often than not.

I'd personally run Rock Slide>X-Scissor on Haxorus. I don't see the former getting any noticeable coverage, and the extra QuakeEdge is always nice.
lolk. I remember making a description of why I chose Bullet seed :/
For Haxorus
Few things. Substitute poges are slow; Mold Breaker > Sturdy, and Skarm beats any sasher.
@peacemaker: I'm not sure about Whirlwind and Toxic on the same set... since toxic damage obv. builds up the longer they stay in. Go with one or the other -- if you choose toxic add an attacking move in the empty slot. If you choose Whirlwind go with Spikes/SR > Toxic and Attacking Move> Protect. Entry hazards and WW work well together and it will keep our friend chap196 happy with his fear of Focus Sashes...
Well yes.. but then again, the likes of Lucario and Scizor can set up on me or get a free turn. But if it'll make them happy. . .
@ chap1996 this isn't competitive, it's an in game team, sub and sashes won't be to much of a problem, he should use outrage.

@Lapras! A lot of competitive battlers actually do use dual chop for the reasons that chap1996 said. Even if someone is to get rocks up, they can be spun away. As for toxic, a lot of players use these things called clerics. They offen have the move aromatherapy(or an equivalent) and a way to heal their pokes. Now let's say a choice banded haxorus is on the field and just ko'd my ditto (why would I use a ditto!). I send out my focus sashed Haxorus. He expects me to be relying on the speed to tie kill him but I'm just going to set up dragon dance (now I'm faster than him) and next turn I'm going to use dragon claw and ko him (taking this off of one of my really old sets). Now if he had dual chop instead, my haxorus would be lying on the ground instead of his, and now I can sweep his whole team if his Breloom is knocked out since I think that is the only thing with priority and I doubt he has anything faster (or with a SASH) However, this is in game so outrage is fine.

I'm aiming to this to be semi competitive. If you switch in on a CB Haxorus that just KO'd Ditto, you'd still end up with 1Hp, easy picking for Breloom. Also, you'd be doing only 33% damage to Slowbro with a Dragon Claw, and after a burn or paralysis, who knows what'll happen. And Haxorus can't do anything against Skarmory. Not to mention I will be using DD Haxorus ^^;

You also argued against lum berry. In game, I agree. But if he went and played competetively he wouldn't have to reharvest the berries. It could also help him not be paralyzed/burnt which would quickly end his sweep.
Of course, I would've gotten rid of those by this point in the game, and DD+Outrage is more fearsome than you'd expect xD
I must agree on the toxic part though, I feel as though you have the theory behind battling but no experience.
I guess it's 2 to 1 now. I still think that it'll make Skarm an easy target for steel types to set up on though...

Lapras!, you forgot Petal Dance lol
kekeke.
on Slowbro, Yawn is uneeded, because this is an ingame team, and you have thunderwave already. Sorry if this is a S-crmt because I didn't see anything that said that.
on Heatran, I suggest switching Explosion with another fire STAB, because looking at your investment in SpA and Heatran's high SpA, fire STAB (especially Fire Blast) will do more damage than Explosion.
Golly gosh, I forgot to say that this was scrmt. whoops.
Everyone's neglecting the power of mixed sweeping (sorta) This is in case I'm low on health, and run into something like Blissey or Alomoomsfiawoemfwefola (whatever the name is)

Lapras!

Banned

Most of these are competitive concerns and there is a reason I chose to post my critique in the in game section...

However, now that you bring it up, I don't know how much the metagame has changed since I last played competitive (nearly two years ago) but I'm pretty sure the same basic principles would exist -- Outrage is still one of the best moves for a late game sweep. Late in the game you should know all the opponents pokemon -- especially with a whirlwind user like Skarmory on the team -- so you will be able to prepare for any oncoming Steel types. Obviously you are not forced to use Outrage all the time. It is merely there to OHKO any serious remaining threats.

As for your strategy regarding the Sashed Haxorus that seems quite dependent on a team spinner... which you cannot necessarily rely on 100% of the time, and besides, in this case your strategy only seems particularly necessary or relevant if Haxorus is an established threat to the team, which in this case, it isn't.

I used to be a reasonable competitive player and while I am indeed relying a lot on theory in this post, I wouldn't jump to conclusions about me having no experience... especially when my previous rate was oriented towards the situation in-game (which hopefully would be self-evident with this section being titled the InGameRMT)

EDIT: I will acknowledge that, in regard to the Outrage v Dragon Claw/Dual Chop issue, competitively it's a matter of some personal preference. However in-game Outrage is by far superior.

Last edited:
i dun think tech-loom is out yet....
nice in-game team otherwise ^^
pretty easily converted to a competitive too :D

davidchu

Your WORST nightmare

good point
you'll probably have to wait to poke black & white 2 to come out.
you'll have move tutors by then, so your team's going to change A LOT
meanwhile, consider Hitmontop ^^

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
potatoes gonna potate!

Give Breloom seed bomb, and if you're using a sub on Toxicroak, then give it focus punch.

Aurath8

potatoes gonna potate!

Give Breloom seed bomb,

Actually thanks to Technician, each hit of Bullet Seed has 37.5 Base Power. That means it's power is anywhere between 75 and 187.5 depending on how many times it hits(not including STAB). Most of the time it's much powerful than Seed Bomb.

Nice team Peace. Although my mind is screaming out against Explosion on Heatran or rather the lack of a back up STAB to Eruption. Just remember that after two switch-ins with Stealth Rock in play, Eruptions' power will be about 124 nearly the same as Fire Blast. If his health drops below that then Eruption becomes inferior to Fire Blast. Not to mention stuff like PP issues etc.

Also Hidden Power [Ice] over Dragon Pulse. I know Draco-Fire is almost unresisted, but most Dragons will be hit harder with HP[Ice] and Ice Ground has pretty nice coverage too.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
I guess I'll just have to send Breloom to engineering school xD
good point
you'll probably have to wait to poke black & white 2 to come out.
you'll have move tutors by then, so your team's going to change A LOT
meanwhile, consider Hitmontop ^^
Still need kamehameha... just saying.
potatoes gonna potate!

Give Breloom seed bomb, and if you're using a sub on Toxicroak, then give it focus punch.
Potato 5! and Bullet Seed is going to be much more powerful 84% of the time. I'm still unsure on Focus Punch, because outside of subs I will just end up as setup fodder.
Actually thanks to Technician, each hit of Bullet Seed has 37.5 Base Power. That means it's power is anywhere between 75 and 187.5 depending on how many times it hits(not including STAB). Most of the time it's much powerful than Seed Bomb.

Nice team Peace. Although my mind is screaming out against Explosion on Heatran or rather the lack of a back up STAB to Eruption. Just remember that after two switch-ins with Stealth Rock in play, Eruptions' power will be about 124 nearly the same as Fire Blast. If his health drops below that then Eruption becomes inferior to Fire Blast. Not to mention stuff like PP issues etc.

Also Hidden Power [Ice] over Dragon Pulse. I know Draco-Fire is almost unresisted, but most Dragons will be hit harder with HP[Ice] and Ice Ground has pretty nice coverage too.
Good point, I completely agree with the changes to Heatran, the slight boost - not even, more like not being hindered - in bulk can be useful too. Thanks ^^

Sceptilo

Hakuna Matata!
There once was a boy named Jack. He has skin, potatoes have skin; therefor, he is a potato.

I love this logic.

nobody suggesting spore? I know there's kinda not much place for it, but it forces switches (entry hazards ftw!), and really... poor spore has so tiny distribution, you have to use it.
oh, and as a side note:
SE's coverage is kinda meh....... so many flyings are neutrally hit by either fighting or grass and many are even rock-neutral...(ground/flying, steel/flying, water/flying, normal/flying...).
OU bugs are kinda rare, and all except volcarona are hit equally hard by fighting.

though I've never exactly known what 'semi'-competitive means. maybe just a better ingame team.