• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

potential infinite attack (ygo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos Wolf

The classic
I found a loophole in the text of destiny hero dreadmaster (dreadguy). the effect states that it's attack is equal to the attack of all "destiny hero" cards on the field. If two destiny hero dreadmasters were on the field alongside a basic destiny hero it would increase the attack by the same amount perpetually.

EX: D1=dreadmaster1 D2=dreadmaster2 D3=doomlord

D3 would make D1 and D2 800. however the two dreadmasters would increase eachothers attack by 800. thus increasing their attacks to 1600 each whick would cause them to increase eachothers attack again.

However, the likelyhood of said occurence happening iis very low.

Kitsune

This Place is Death.
I don't play Yu-Gi-Oh anymore, since it got too expensive (And I could never get H.'s Pet Dragon for my wind deck), so I don't know any of those cards, but based on your description it sounds plausible.

Swampy

Crack the Skye
Chaos Wolf said:
I found a loophole in the text of destiny hero dreadmaster (dreadguy). the effect states that it's attack is equal to the attack of all "destiny hero" cards on the field. If two destiny hero dreadmasters were on the field alongside a basic destiny hero it would increase the attack by the same amount perpetually.

EX: D1=dreadmaster1 D2=dreadmaster2 D3=doomlord

D3 would make D1 and D2 800. however the two dreadmasters would increase eachothers attack by 800. thus increasing their attacks to 1600 each whick would cause them to increase eachothers attack again.

However, the likelyhood of said occurence happening iis very low.
Expect a major ruling on this if what you say is true. D=

Skrusti

If this card was Special Summoned by the effect of "Clock Tower Prison", destroy all monsters on your side of the field (except for "Destiny Hero" monsters), then you can Special Summon up to 2 “Destiny Hero” monsters from your Graveyard. During the turn this card is Special Summoned, “Destiny Hero” monsters on your side of the field cannot be destroyed, and all Battle Damage inflicted to the controller of this card becomes 0 during battle involving “Destiny Hero” monsters on your side of the field. The ATK and DEF of this card are equal to the combined original ATK of all “Destiny Hero” monsters on your side of the field (except this card).

Read the bolded part. ~_~ It doesn't take other "D-Hero Dreadmasters" into account when the effect activates.

Love Hina Fan

December Third...
Read this.

EDIT: Bah beated a dead horse pointlessly...

Mikau

Better then you
It was a good idea. But it does say original attack. So it wouldn't work.(like most people stated) Oh well, nice try anyway.

Haruka's Swimsuit

Bomberhead 18-kin!
Chaos Wolf said:
Ah, good catch. So I guess that the trick wouldn't work after all, at least it was an interesting topic for the time being. I wonder if there are any infinite attack loopholes.

I doubt there are any infinite ATK loopholes (well, outside of Magicial Marionette); if there was one, KONAMI would jump on it and destroy it.

Hoshi no Kabii said:

The very bottom line of text, that's where. The bottom line reads:
'of all monsters on your side of the field (except this card) that include "Destiny Hero" in their card names.'

Last edited:

NEO GOHAN

OVER NINE THOUSAAAND
BDE+GtIK can be used a lot of different ways... drawing, stat-modding, life points, etc. that's why BDE got banned. *HACKCOUGHHINTEXODIAHINTCOUGHHACK*

personally, I would use it for drawing, not because of Exodia, but to draw the cards I need *I never get them when I need them -__-*

anyway, it's a safe bet that they'll stamp out any possibilities of infinite-stat-modding - if not in the card effects, then by banning or moddifying them.

dang, I haven't been here in forever...

Hoshi no Kabii

Hehe, completely overlooked that^^

Yes, but what if you play Pikeru's Circle of Enchantment? Or would its effect be bypassed because Self Destruct Button does not directly state you receive damage?

Swampy

Crack the Skye
Chaos Wolf said:
Heh, I found a rather pointless combo. 1st turn set Wall of revealing light and self destruct button. Opponent's first turn activate wall, sacking 7000 lifepoints and use self destruct button to make the game a tie. Could have just skipped the game in the first place. :p
A rather pointless combo in a tournament setting. dX
small thought, if the damage done by Wall of revealing light's damaging was cancelled by des wombat, would the effect still activate and the defense be that much?
iirc, you pay LP instead of being burned by a certain amount. (i.e., 7000LP)

Status
Not open for further replies.