• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Potential New Mega Evolutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
A list of Megas I'd like to see are...

1) Butterfree
2-4) Meganium/Typhlosion/Feraligatr
5) Slowking
9) Milotic
10) Froslass
11) Zoroark
16) Mimikyu (if they were to make its cloth-less appearance a form, then a Mega Evolution would make more sense)

I agree with these. Butterfree, Slowking, Froslass, and Milotic need to get megas simply because their counterparts received one.

Butterfree would probably remain a Bug/Flying or become Bug/Fairy. Increases to its Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed.

Slowking would remain Water/Psychic and probably get an increase to its special attack and special defense, and slight increase to attack and defense.

Froslass I could see remaining Ice/Ghost and getting a big increase to its speed and special attack. Maybe Snow Warning as an ability?

Milotic I could see becoming Water/Fairy with increases to its special defense, special attack, and slight increase to its attack and defense. I could see it getting Liquid Voice maybe.

Zoroark should get a mega simply because he is the Lucario of the 5th Generation. While I would find it hard to mega evolve if it is under Illusion still, I'm sure they will find a way. I see its attack, special attack, and speed increasing.

Unclothed Mimikyu could appear to be a monster, like some of the rumors hinted. I could see it getting an increase to all of its stats and maybe intimidate or something.

I also NEED Tropius to get a Mega evolution this generation. It makes SO much sense, but they did just give Exeggutor Grass/Dragon, a typing made for Tropius. Cherrim needs one too, along with Bellossom and Vileplume.

xenlock

If new Megas will be for Gen 2, I'd like to see the ff. get Megas:

1. Dunsparce
2. Shuckle
3. Xatu
4. Qwilfish
5. Delibird
6. Jumpluff
7. Sunflora

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I'm starting to think we won't get any new Alolan forms... I mean wouldn't they reveal them right now? Then again, the guy from the Alolan Photo Club video mentioned something about many other features he couldn't talk about yet

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm starting to think we won't get any new Alolan forms... I mean wouldn't they reveal them right now? Then again, the guy from the Alolan Photo Club video mentioned something about many other features he couldn't talk about yet

Nah, they wouldn't show everything right now. Their goal is to sell as many copies of these games as possible, and to do that they have to have their customers as hyped as possible for these games on the moment of release, November 17. That's still three months away. If they show all their goodies right now people will be very hyped now, but that hype will have died down three months later. They'll slowly keep on giving us tiny bits of info on these games, enough to keep us invested and letting us remember they're there. If most of the new things look cool, that gradually builds up the perception that it's a good game and the hype will be greater.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm beginning to doubt that Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will feature new Mega Evolutions, but assuming that I'm wrong, I'm hoping that Game Freak has designed Mega Flygon for these games. They were apparently planning on doing that for OR/AS, so here's hoping that they've finally settled on a good design.

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
I just want a Mega Wobbuffet for the laughs. I mean, it can't be worse than Mega Audino, can it?

Ascended Dialga

After seeing Game Freak shift our attention away from Mega Evolution and toward Z-moves in Gen 7, it seems unlikely that US/UM will introduce any new Megas. Which is unfortunate though; personally, I'd love to see Pokémon such as Tropius and Flygon get Mega Evolutions.

xenlock

I would love my beloved Meganium to get a Mega-Evolution. Same for my beloved Tropius (or an Alolan form for it with coconuts instead of bananas).

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
While a new mega evolution for a Pokémon would be welcome by the community I cannot see new ones this generation. Mega evolutions were used and included into the lore of both Kalos and Hoenn. Having a bunch of mega evolutions introduced last generation made sense. There is no lore in Alola tied to mega evolution so right now it does not feel right to include new ones. The lore of Alola is tied to the new z-move and so to add more z-moves makes sense. Maybe mega evolution will be tied to the lore of the Gen VIII region but for now I am okay with them sitting on the back burner.

EKZ1505

Am I the only one who thinks that the reintroduction of megas back into VGC 2018 strongly suggests there's new megas in USUM?

Now I agree with some of the above posts that Alola's "thing" is Z crystals/moves, so I would doubt they are available during the main game, but I definitely can see them being available post-game.

Seeing as the expanded PokéDex seems to add a lot of Pokémon with Mega evolutions, I'd reckon they'd just make the existing ones easier to get (and easier access to Key Stones as well), rather than introducing all new ones.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Am I the only one who thinks that the reintroduction of megas back into VGC 2018 strongly suggests there's new megas in USUM?

Now I agree with some of the above posts that Alola's "thing" is Z crystals/moves, so I would doubt they are available during the main game, but I definitely can see them being available post-game.

Much more likely is that they wanted to add more variety. Mega were probably banned originally in order to promote the usage of Z-Moves and new Pokémon, Now they no longer need to do this, so they allow Mega Evolution to be used again.

And it's highly unlikely that they would add new Mega Evolutions, but only make them available post-game. Most of time (with rare and special exceptions like Legendary Pokémon), new content for a game is available during the story.

Sulfurian

It would be interesting if an ultra beast could mega evolve if we found a stone in its homeworld. Or if we found a new mega by traveling through world's and found one from say the ruby and sapphire emerald verse (where annabelle came from) and it got sucked into one of the portals and we discover it

EKZ1505

Much more likely is that they wanted to add more variety. Mega were probably banned originally in order to promote the usage of Z-Moves and new Pokémon, Now they no longer need to do this, so they allow Mega Evolution to be used again.

And it's highly unlikely that they would add new Mega Evolutions, but only make them available post-game. Most of time (with rare and special exceptions like Legendary Pokémon), new content for a game is available during the story.

They were mostly banned for being OP, but promoting z moves is definitely a big factor. Only problem with reintroducing them is that it makes so many Pokémon obsolete or only useful in very specific matchups. I won't go too in deep since this isn't the thread for it, but z moves only helped certain Pokemon (mostly related to weather) since so many of the usual top threats can also use z moves. It would be nice for some new megas to make new Pokémon relevant.

I disagree completely with the 2nd point. As someone who got insanely lucky and found a shiny male Ralts while playing OR, only to discover that Mega Gallade's stone was only available after you beat the main story, they haven't always done that. Many of the new ORAS megas were only available during or after the Delta episode.

future.newyorker

They were mostly banned for being OP, but promoting z moves is definitely a big factor. Only problem with reintroducing them is that it makes so many Pokémon obsolete or only useful in very specific matchups. I won't go too in deep since this isn't the thread for it, but z moves only helped certain Pokemon (mostly related to weather) since so many of the usual top threats can also use z moves. It would be nice for some new megas to make new Pokémon relevant.

I disagree completely with the 2nd point. As someone who got insanely lucky and found a shiny male Ralts while playing OR, only to discover that Mega Gallade's stone was only available after you beat the main story, they haven't always done that. Many of the new ORAS megas were only available during or after the Delta episode.

Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt could only be obtained in the post game. Mega Altaria and Mega Pidgeot was available during the main story, but those (and Mega Gallade) are the only ones I really remember where they fall in the games.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
They were mostly banned for being OP, but promoting z moves is definitely a big factor. Only problem with reintroducing them is that it makes so many Pokémon obsolete or only useful in very specific matchups. I won't go too in deep since this isn't the thread for it, but z moves only helped certain Pokemon (mostly related to weather) since so many of the usual top threats can also use z moves.

Regardless of what your stance is on how over-powered they might be, the point is, they exist, and they are a part of the game. They were never going to banned permanently.

It would be nice for some new megas to make new Pokémon relevant.

That's a different debate all together.

The statement I made was referring more to groups than it was individuals. With something as major and encompassing as Mega Evolution, it would be unusual, to say the least, to make all new members of the category unavailable until the post-game. Game Freak tends to develop games with an extremely heavy focus on the main game, and nearly 100% of the time, if there is something new and important, there will at least be some examples of it in the main game.

EKZ1505

Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt could only be obtained in the post game. Mega Altaria and Mega Pidgeot was available during the main story, but those (and Mega Gallade) are the only ones I really remember where they fall in the games.

There were a few more, not to mention many stones introduced XY that were split between post-game and main story.

Regardless of what your stance is on how over-powered they might be, the point is, they exist, and they are a part of the game. They were never going to banned permanently.

That's a different debate all together.

The statement I made was referring more to groups than it was individuals. With something as major and encompassing as Mega Evolution, it would be unusual, to say the least, to make all new members of the category unavailable until the post-game. Game Freak tends to develop games with an extremely heavy focus on the main game, and nearly 100% of the time, if there is something new and important, there will at least be some examples of it in the main game.

You misunderstand...I don't personally think they were OP mostly, and the couple that I did think were got exactly the nerfs I was hoping for in gen 7. The community was rather sick of them, hence the main reason for not being VGC 17-legal, but again, the nerfs will help.

Again, my point was simply that it made sense for many of them to be available post-game since the focus may still be on Z crystals with the Trials. There is absolutely precedent for that in both XY and ORAS is all my counter was.

As for making old Pokemon relevant...not sure how that's a debate lol but I'm optimistic, because money talks in the end. Z crystals have limited merchandise outside the bracelet...megas have had cards, plushes, figures, etc.

Edit: To actually add to this thread and not talk in circles, would loveeeee to see Johto starter megas, especially since gen 2 likely will not get a remake any time soon where they could logically be introduced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.