• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Potential Serena special episode discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Well she might not have been the best battler in the X&Y cast, but I think she could still do well in a Hoenn contest based on her experience with performing, which could give her an edge during contest appeals. ^^

Even if she passes the appeal round, she'd still need to ace the battle round to win, though. I'm just not confident that she could do it on her first on-screen attempt. :/

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Even if she passes the appeal round, she'd still need to ace the battle round to win, though. I'm just not confident that she could do it on her first on-screen attempt. :/

Well to be honest, whether Serena would win or not wouldn't be that important to me in the long run. Assuming she does a contest in a special episode at all, I'd mainly like to see a whole contest occur and not just part of it shown.

Ominous Wind

Wew! I can see that no matter what happens in this potential episode, Serena will be criticized for the most asinine thing.

"Oh, Serena didn't interact with every single past character that is in Hoenn. How dare she."

DatsRight

I find it funny how Serena isn't even universally hated, just criticised for serious development issues and wanting them fixed, and XY fans think people are being petty haters and should get over it, and yet people can insult Iris as irredeemable trash every second post and they won't even bat an eyelid. I don't even think talk of Iris' potential comeback had that much defensiveness about it.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I find it funny how Serena isn't even universally hated, just criticised for serious development issues and wanting them fixed, and XY fans think people are being petty haters and should get over it, and yet people can insult Iris as irredeemable trash every second post and they won't even bat an eyelid. I don't even think talk of Iris' potential comeback had that much defensiveness about it.

The only Pokegirl that doesn't seemed to be targeted in some way is Misty. I don't know what the umbridge fans have with Iris. As for that, I was annoyed because it was a broken streak since all prior Pokegirls made a return the next gen

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Maybe Steven and Sawyer could make a return in Serena's special now she's in Hoenn. Not necessarily as prominent roles, but as a nice reference.

Xuxuba

lol as if every person who liked XY got heated just because of that. A lot of people who disliked Serena as a character try to shove their opinion of how they think her development should've went down our throats on almost every single thread, even the ones where you're not supposed to discuss that, like this one...

I mean, i understand how you feel, there are also characters that i strongly detest, but you do not see me posting on every single thread about them how that character was developed in a "wrong" way and how everybody else should acknowledge some of her traits as flaws. Keep in mind that just because you think something is "a serious development issue" doesn't mean everyone should think the same too.

It's great that you do not think Iris is that bad, but this literally has nothing to do with the discussion.

Last edited:

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Nope. We can talk about this if and when we get a title or at least something to go by.

Status
Not open for further replies.