• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Potential Serena special episode discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Because all (or most of the) previous female leads got a special episode, Serena shouldn't be an exception. In the last series, Iris got her special early in the XY days (Around episode 20), so it's likely that Serena also get hers early after SM's start.

Discuss a potential Serena special and the plot of it.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
She gets scouted by Lisia and wins a beginner contest. Indirect references are made to Ash.

Possibly includes Dawn and they mention there was a guy that always pushed them to be the best...but neither learn it's Ash.

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
We don't know if Serena will get a special episode or not.. Don't forget that May doesn't have a special episode.

She gets scouted by Lisia and wins a beginner contest. Indirect references are made to Ash.

Possibly includes Dawn and they mention there was a guy that always pushed them to be the best...but neither learn it's Ash.

That would be cool. lol

Janovy

Banned
Serena meets Iris in Hoenn, the two girls bond, compete in a Performance together and say goodbye without ever mentioning Ash.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I'm torn between wanting Serena to bond with May or Dawn over contests because that would make the most sense.

But I also want Iris to get her due because she deserves a damn cameo, but it would probably feel a lot more shoehorned

Navin

MALDREAD
Why not both? Like with Dawn

I see the special as the more likely outcome, unless they'll make up some reason for Serena to have traveled from doing Contests in Hoenn to showing up all the way in Alola. Iris broke the trend by not even appearing in the main series, so we'll see if that's the new way or an exception. Besides Ash has a harem in SM, so ship teasing won't dry up anytime soon.

Janovy

Banned
I really don't want to see either May or Dawn.

Sorry, but both got their cameos (Dawn got both a cameo AND a special). The LEAST they can do is have Iris appear in a Serena special.

snorlax512

she'll probably just have a cameo since her coming back would complicate things. I assume that was the reason why Iris didn't come back as well.

I'd probably want to see May or Dawn

Red and Blue

I'm guessing she and Iris would possibly do a contest together. Then at the end, after parting with Iris, she decides to head to Sinnoh. This would hint at Gen 4 remakes

Heekful

I want her to catch a new Pokemon from Hoenn (Swablu or Ralts/Mawile) then meet with Lisia or Iris to pratice contests. I'd want to see Iris rather than May or Dawn because Iris deserved a cameo in X/Y , we still don't know why she didn't get one and that's messed up imo... Maybe we'll see how Iris can handle a fairy type like Sylveon that should be fun to watch but Lisia seems more likely.
Then at the end she could stay in Hoenn to learn more about contests or she could travel in another region like Johto/Sinnoh or even Alola but that's unlikely.

Kein

AKA Silktree
Maybe they'll find a way to include Iris by having her fawn over Lisia's Mega Altaria.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Serena meets Iris in Hoenn, the two girls bond, compete in a Performance together and say goodbye without ever mentioning Ash.

I'm guessing she and Iris would possibly do a contest together. Then at the end, after parting with Iris, she decides to head to Sinnoh. This would hint at Gen 4 remakes
I'd like to see this as well as Serena catching something for her contests.
I really don't want to see either May or Dawn.

Sorry, but both got their cameos (Dawn got both a cameo AND a special). The LEAST they can do is have Iris appear in a Serena special.

This, I'd rather not see Dawn or May either, especially May. Iris deserves an appearance over these two anyways.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I understand and agree that Iris should have an appearance in the cameo but considering Serena's going to compete in contests, Dawn/May make far more sense from a narrative perspective (I think Dawn is still in Hoenn, she only went to Johto for the Wallace Cup).

Or the writers could have Rayquaza fly over Serena and then Iris smacks into her, kick starting a brand new friendship.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Ever since Serena decided to go to Hoenn, I've wanted a special focusing on her first Hoenn Pokémon Contest. I want to see how the deals with the differences between Showcases and Contests. Naturally, seeing how the tackles the Battle Stage should be the most interesting, since she has never really been a battler and her Pokémon are used to using their moves to impress. However, seeing how she tackles the Performance Stage should also be interesting. Serena is used to performing in order to appeal to the populace, but Contests are actually judged by, well, judges.

I would also like to see Braixen and Pancham evolve. I've always wanted to see Pangoro dancing on stage. :p

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I just want a joke where Serena attempts to call off the battle portion only to realize she can't. I like it when shows have self-reference humor

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Iris should have to appear in Serena's special episode.

Ever since Serena decided to go to Hoenn, I've wanted a special focusing on her first Hoenn Pokémon Contest. I want to see how the deals with the differences between Showcases and Contests. Naturally, seeing how the tackles the Battle Stage should be the most interesting, since she has never really been a battler and her Pokémon are used to using their moves to impress. However, seeing how she tackles the Performance Stage should also be interesting. Serena is used to performing in order to appeal to the populace, but Contests are actually judged by, well, judges.

That would be awesome and funny. I'd love to see. xD

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
I just want Serena to force Iris to dress up so we can FINALLY see Iris in her glorious B2/W2 Champion outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.