• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Potential SM Special Episodes after final

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Demt already had 2 specials and Citron had oke too. They had enough. Serena didnt get a single special.
Yeah, I know fans are divided about Serena, but by her not having a special is an exemple of the anime producers letting those who cared about her down.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
It does kind of show that they don't care enough about her even with all the shipping crap they shoved down our throats.
I didn't care about the shipping crap, but I rather see her than Ash saving the day, obligated to get spotlights above everyone else despite how stale he is, blasting TRio in almost in every episodes, and then losing the Pokemon leagues and resetting his progress anyday.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Yeah, I know fans are divided about Serena, but by her not having a special is an exemple of the anime producers letting those who cared about her down.

The sad part is that her being in Contests and having adventures & misadventures with Hoenn characters practically wrote itself...:(

Problem is, it was waaayy to late for more Hoenn elements by the time they came up with idea...X_X

Leonhart

Imagineer
janejane6178 said:
Demt already had 2 specials and Citron had oke too. They had enough. Serena didnt get a single special.

I think she's overdue for one, and the fact that she didn't get one right after XY ended is really strange. I remember Pansy getting a special around the time that Citron got his special, and it was the worst post-saga special that we've had so far in this series from my perspective.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The sad part is that her being in Contests and having adventures & misadventures with Hoenn characters practically wrote itself...:(

Problem is, it was waaayy to late for more Hoenn elements by the time they came up with idea...X_X

I'd have literally killed for a Lisia episode with her. :/
Plus Serena could have caught or received Mudkip, giving the poor starter some gen 6 rep instead of jack ****...

A Serena episode is far more interesting concept than say... Clemont and Sophocles meeting at a science fair, or more Lana/Misty time. The only classmate I wanna see get an episode is Kiawe as he got as much screwed as Serena did, never getting a shining moment and even missing out on a chance to battle Ash... I'd love to see him travel to Kanto, rematch Brock and win! Plus without all that extra baggage around, Croagunk can actually appear! :D

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
I'd have literally killed for a Lisia episode with her. :/

Plus Serena could have caught or received Mudkip, giving the poor starter some gen 6 rep instead of jack ****...

While I did like the theories that some people had regarding Serena getting a Mizugorou during the OR/AS promotional period in XY, I'm kind of glad that it didn't happen since it probably would've ended up being overshadowed by Serena's Eievui/Nymphia, anyway. But had Serena received a post-XY special episode that followed her journey in Houen, then I would've liked for her to have gotten a Mizugorou in that.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi

I wouldn't mind a Hoenn revisit tbh. They could get away by having the later gens Pokemons/characters as cameos if they wanted. I just wanted to see her and only her, and not about "Ash doing this or that". To me, the special was a redemption for her on how she was handled during XY. And since Ash isn't there, it is less likely she's going to be hold back when it's about gaining the spotlights.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I'd rather not see Serena in a special now. It would feel like a waste of time to me considering how it felt like the writers didn't care about her at all throughout her entire run in XY.
I understood what you meant. If I wanted a special about her, it would be during the end of XY or beginning of SM. Right now I feel less optimistic about her possible return. Add that with my fan project about her being done, I care far less if the producers could do it or not. I wrote the things above more about the benefits of her having a special.

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
I think she's overdue for one, and the fact that she didn't get one right after XY ended is really strange. I remember Pansy getting a special around the time that Citron got his special, and it was the worst post-saga special that we've had so far in this series from my perspective.
To be honest the fact that Alexa got a special before Serena despite having less source material tells me the writers were just done with her character and didn’t feel like telling her story anymore.

Last edited:

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
To be honestly the fact that Alexa got a special before Serena despite having less source material tells me the writers were just done with her character and didn’t feel like telling her story anymore.
Yeah, that special existence was a major irritation for me, even if I didn't saw it. It reinforce my belief that the people responsible for handling the franchise can be stubborn about their decisions, just like the recent Sword&Shield National dex controversy. I was also quick to point out that they let the Serena fans down, and I stopped believing anything from them, including hints.

D

Deleted member 384931

Serena is still popular, maybe not as much as she used to be, but still. I think they can adapt Serena more easily than other pokegirls (maybe except Lillie)

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I think that Serena's chances of getting a special in the future are incredibly low too. The perfect time for one would've been straight after XYZ ended, but I can't see her randomly getting one in the next saga or even the one after that unless we get X and Y remakes that would boost her relevance again.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
Serena is still popular, maybe not as much as she used to be, but still. I think they can adapt Serena more easily than other pokegirls (maybe except Lillie)

Since she took an interest in Contests, I feel like she had a very good reason to return for a special at the end of the XY era or the first year of the SM saga especially since Contests were already so similar to TryPokaron, and they would've still been relevant since OR/AS were still in circulation at the time.

Emelie

Bookworm
I wonder if the plot with Mohn will be resolved in a special after SM. Satoshi doesn't really need to be present, only Lusamine, Gladion and Lillie. I'm not sure how they are going to fit Mohn into the main anime in the middle of the league so mabye it's better to save him for a Lillie special after SM has ended.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I think that Serena's chances of getting a special in the future are incredibly low too. The perfect time for one would've been straight after XYZ ended, but I can't see her randomly getting one in the next saga or even the one after that unless we get X and Y remakes that would boost her relevance again.
Cilan appeared after XYZ, so it's not impossible

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I think Serena won't have a special after Sun & Moon. Don't get mad at me for this but I'm afraid she was written off when Sun & Moon started. I feel like the timeline got messed up with SM.
I think it's more like the fans from the past series think Ash is messed up in SM, because like Serena quote in the snowball scene, he's "Isn't the Ash they know!"
Cilan appeared after XYZ, so it's not impossible
Cilan got a special in BW and a cameo in XYZ, while Serena got none of them so far.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
To be honest the fact that Alexa got a special before Serena despite having less source material tells me the writers were just done with her character and didn’t feel like telling her story anymore.
That special was more about Yveltal than it was Alexa, seeing as the third major Legendary, which was on the BOX ART, never got an anime appearance outside of movie 17.