1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Potential SM Special Episodes after final

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Ashton Ketchum, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I really do feel like Purin needs some kind of closure, so I wouldn't mind if it's involved in a post-SM special. Frankly I've wanted Lilie to catch Purin this whole time, so maybe it could happen in said special.

Majespectre and MockingJ like this.
  2. togenaught18

togenaught18 Well-Known Member

Probably a clemont and bonnie return's special episode? We have brock cilian and clemont cilian episodes.
    The last two sagas we got 2 special at the end of the series so we have a potential two episodes, too!

Majespectre, Trey pokes and MockingJ like this.
  3. Sham

Sham Underrated show

It’s weird for some reason I just can’t picture Clemont or Bonnie in Alola. I don’t know if because SM (purposely or not) distanced itself so much from XY but I just don’t see it.

MockingJ likes this.
  4. AznKei

AznKei Rabi-Ribi's Cocoa is cute! ^_^

Maybe the lemon siblings won free travel tickets from a contest in Kalos and decided to take a vacation in Alola. Seriously, I would like to see them interacting with Kiawe or Lana because they both have younger siblings in which they can relate to.

Majespectre and wolf jani like this.
  5. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

In any case, I really wouldn't want Eureka to tag along with him if he were to visit Alola. Citron and her being treated like a set always frustrated me back in XY, so I really think that they should go their own separate ways similar to how Haruka left Masato behind.

Sham, Majespectre, Zoruagible and 2 others like this.
  6. AznKei

AznKei Rabi-Ribi's Cocoa is cute! ^_^

I think it would be a great idea to have sibling rivalries. It wasn't done in Pokemon before, while I saw those kind of relationships between Thor & Loki from the Marvel's Avengers, Dante & Vergil from Devil May Cry and Mufasa & Scar from The Lion King. And no, Lillie & Gladion aren't even close to be rivals to each other.

Zoruagible, MockingJ and wolf jani like this.
  7. Shuriken Throw

Shuriken Throw Well-Known Member

Dawn returns and her Tysplosion evolving (Dawn deserves another special, since she is the most popular Pokemon character and the best developed character)

Majespectre likes this.
  8. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I have my doubts that Hikari's the most popular Pokemon character, unless we're counting Pixiv fanart of her as a sign of her popularity. I do think that she might have the highest odds of showing up again however, mainly because we'll likely get Shinou remakes within the next few years.

Majespectre and PorcelainVulpix like this.
  9. Shuriken Throw

Shuriken Throw Well-Known Member

She has won lots of polls for the most popular Pokemon character. And I've seen lots of discussions on her on Reddit and YouTube.
    At this point Dawn is more popular than Serena.

Majespectre, Sham and PorcelainVulpix like this.
  10. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix misty and dawn are best girls.

I wish they could do a special episode where we got to see all of the previous companions.

Just an episode with multiple plots that focus on different groups of them. In one plot we have Lana and Kiawe back in Kanto to challenge Misty and Brock again and maybe we’ll see Tracey and Gary in the stands (although Gary watching does kind of seem weird but why not?)

In another plot, we have Lillie wanting to learn more about becoming a trainer so she decides to head to the Kalos region and Sophocles tags along because this is my head cannon, and why not? Here Lillie runs into Serena who just returned from Hoenn and they bond immediately and Sophocles bonds with Clemont.

Mallow gets invited to a cooking competition in Johto (the writers favorite place to ship off characters) where she meets Cilan who also came to compete and said he wanted to visit a friend who was there. She then meets Iris and they all decide to go watch a Pokémon Contest since she’s never seen one. There we see May and Dawn compete again.

Okay..clearly I’m not meant to be a writer and these ideas even sound ridiculous to me buttt y’all should get the jist of what I’m saying. I’d just love a special that focuses on previous companions as maybe a “where are they now?” Or something but could still of course include the SM cast. The SM cast is so large so why couldn’t they split up and meet old cast members?

Leonhart likes this.
  11. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

A big reunion episode is definitely something that I would've expected for the anime's 20th anniversary at least. What we ended up getting around that time instead was Kasumi and Takeshi's comeback episodes, which were nice of course, but I would've rather seen all of the previous cast members appear, not just those two.

Majespectre and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  12. JC317

JC317 Well-Known Member

I was expecting something similar to 'The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon', except way better since animation (and writing? This one is up for debate) has improved so much since then.

Instead, we just got a reboot movie set in an alternate universe, yet another rendition of Mezase Pokemon Master, and cameos of Misty and Brock...

Majespectre, Redstar45 and Leonhart like this.
  13. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

That might've worked too, although I always thought that the only reason why we got that special was because either TPCi or 4Kids commissioned it as a testing ground for the new voice actors. So I wasn't too confident that we'd get a second special like that one for the 20th anniversary.

JC317 likes this.
  14. Ashton Ketchum

Ashton Ketchum Well-Known Member

Well, let's prey for 25th Anniversary season.

Majespectre likes this.
  15. CMButch

CMButch Well-Known Member

Dawn is not the most popular Pokemon character, especially not in games.

Majespectre likes this.
  16. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

I honestly don't think that the anime staff would celebrate the 25th anniversary in general, much less that they'd go all-out and give us some kind of reunion special featuring more of the old cast members.

Pokegirl Fan~ likes this.
  17. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

Neither Dawn or Serena are the most popular Pokémon character, that title is shared between N, Lillie, & Cynthia- if we’re talking about the whole franchise. Serena is popular but polarizing, so Dawn is more well-liked overall; but neither is close to reaching that #1 title. Expecting either one to come back is fruitless, as unfortunately the writers don’t even seem like they care about cameos and specials anymore.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  18. giancor

giancor Member

Being realistic, i think Lillie won't travel to Kanto since she just reunited with his father (if they find him).

FirefoxFennekin and Zoruagible like this.
  19. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

In SM, Lillie traveled to Kanto so that she can see Bill so that he can get her mom out of a coma. Since Lusamine is fully recovered at this point, she has no need to visit Kanto unless she wants to take on the Kanto League, which is the reason why Gladion goes there instead in USUM.

FirefoxFennekin likes this.
  20. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

We are talking about the anime and not the whole franchise though. If we were to take the games into consideration, there would still be characters far more popular than N and Lillie, like Red and Green for example. I do agree that Cynthia is quite popular in both medias and that anime! Serena can be polarizing despite still being popular, especially in places like this forum, but i wouldn't exactly say that anime! N and anime! Lillie are on the top three most popular characters.

Either way, this whole discussion is kind of pointless, since the fandom is incredibly huge and it has people from all around the world in it, so any pool we might bring up wouldn't have a sample that is big enough for us to make any sort of reasonable assumption. Let alone any personal interactions you might have had with other fans, which are even less reliable sources.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 5:10 AM