1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Potential SM Special Episodes after final

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Ashton Ketchum, Nov 23, 2018.

1. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

If it were still 2013 and Origins had just been released I’d agree with you, but Red and Green are characters that are definitely past their prime. They’re “iconic” in the sense that more people know who they are upon first glance, but people acknowledge that they’re caricatures, not fleshed-out, almost human characters like N and Lillie- something that really boosts their popularity into more than just admiration for their ‘coolness’ like Red and Green.

But yes, the fandom is enormous, and getting a solid answer out of anybody is obviously going to vary. But imo, while anime characters may be popular within the realm of the anime and its fanbase itself, they’re rarely widely-recognized by a large majority of the public and even the general Pokémon fanbase at large.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    MockingJ likes this.
  2. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised to see how many people still like these iconic characters, no matter how fleshed-out or old they are. Do not mistake a character's development with it's popularity. Video game characters like Mario haven't developed at all in ages and they are still popular af.

Either way, Red and Green are clearly not in the past, since they are still appearing in games like Sun and Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Pokémon Let's go Eevee and Pikachu and Pokémon Masters. Heck, they are probably more present in current games than Lillie and N are, even though Red and Green are older characters.

Now that i think about it they are present in nearly every single generation, aside from Gen 6 lol
    And there is obviously a reason for that: because they remain very popular, whether we like it or not.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    MockingJ likes this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

Well she could potentially go there for other reasons that aren't based on what her in-game counterpart did, but out of all the SM cast members I feel like she's the most likely one to receive a post-SM special episode since she seems to be the most developed one and also has a sizable following from what I can tell. Her leaving Alola and visiting another region whether it's Kanto or somewhere else just feels right.

4. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

What about a SM Special Episode featuring Zygarde and Greninja making a visit in the Alola region since they got a lot of new buffs in Gen 7 such as Complete Forme and Ash-Greninja. Of course now that practically all the Wormhole invaders have been dealt with, there's not really much of a reason for Zygarde to be there lol but I'm sure the anime crew could make up any excuse they want for them to visit.

MockingJ and KenzeyEevee like this.
  5. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

I'm personally tired of Puni-chan and Gekkouga since they already had a year in which to get their development during the XY&Z arc of the Kalos saga, and I don't think that the Zygarde subplot from the S/M games needs to be promoted anymore now that Gen VII is almost over.

6. Sham

Sham On the right road

Pls no @ the idea of Greninja even setting foot in Alola or any other region for that matter. None of his other aces get that special treatment besides Charizard so leave it like that.

7. mysticalglacia

I am so sick of the Jesus frog and that theme song. Please never again.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  8. SatoSereFan224888

SatoSereFan224888 Well-Known Member

I know this is unlikely but maybe an episode where Ash & Serena get married. It would take place a year after Ash left Kalos. Ash decided to give a year to see if Serena was ready to marry him. Let's say in that year, Ash decided to take classes to become a tutor for young trainers.

9. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Sounds like a dubious, poorly written, disgusting romance if you try to cram that into 30 minutes.

10. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

What would even be the point of Greninja appearing unless he's joining Ash again?

11. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

This. I actually love me some Greninja in the games but man the Kalos saga really went overboard with giving him so much attention. If he ever returns it should be for Kalos remake reasons 10 years from now, not directly after the Alola saga is finished.

12. Bortgreen

Bortgreen Under the EPIC Alolan Sunset

How about waiting some episodes and have giga Ash-frog

MockingJ and KenzeyEevee like this.
  13. SatoSereFan224888

SatoSereFan224888 Well-Known Member

It would be a one hour special with 2 parts. The first half would be the setup before the wedding while the second half would be the wedding itself along with the wedding dinner.

14. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

Honestly sounds like something Kishimoto would write (he's not very good at writing romance and female characters in general)

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  15. mysticalglacia

So are we forgetting that those two characters who make up that nonexistent relationship are both 10 years old and fictional.

16. Sham

Sham On the right road

RIP to Sakura’s relevancy 1997-present. In all seriousness Kishimoto might as well be writing these series the way the females characters are turning out.

I’m pretty sure they know for every fan happy about anything like that there would be a fan ready to burn down Pokémon studios

mysticalglacia and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  17. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

Given how the passage of time works in the anime, I doubt that we'd ever see a full year pass since that would mean that Satoshi would age. And I don't think that a year would make a difference in terms of Satoshi's knowledge or skills, so it's hard to imagine him suddenly becoming a full-time mentor at age eleven.

MockingJ and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  18. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

If Shaymin is destined to leave, I wouldn't mind if they moved it up to a later return episode like they did Togepi. It's departure is likely going to be very compressed and rushed put into SM's finale episodes now.

Hell segmenting a lot of current plot lines into specials for each of the main characters would likely be beneficial.

19. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

Some people claim that because 10 year olds in this franchise can travel around the world by themselves, that it means that they can also form romantic relationships despite their young age.

Leonhart likes this.
  20. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

I find Shaymin to be so inconsequential to the overall plot of SM that I think it should just leave before the saga ends rather than it staying with Mao and appearing again if Mao ever returns.

MockingJ likes this.