1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Potential SM Special Episodes after final

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Ashton Ketchum, Nov 23, 2018.

1. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

If it were still 2013 and Origins had just been released I’d agree with you, but Red and Green are characters that are definitely past their prime. They’re “iconic” in the sense that more people know who they are upon first glance, but people acknowledge that they’re caricatures, not fleshed-out, almost human characters like N and Lillie- something that really boosts their popularity into more than just admiration for their ‘coolness’ like Red and Green.

But yes, the fandom is enormous, and getting a solid answer out of anybody is obviously going to vary. But imo, while anime characters may be popular within the realm of the anime and its fanbase itself, they’re rarely widely-recognized by a large majority of the public and even the general Pokémon fanbase at large.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 6:10 PM
    MockingJ likes this.
  2. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised to see how many people still like these iconic characters, no matter how fleshed-out or old they are. Do not mistake a character's development with it's popularity. Video game characters like Mario haven't developed at all in ages and they are still popular af.

Either way, Red and Green are clearly not in the past, since they are still appearing in games like Sun and Moon, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, Pokémon Let's go Eevee and Pikachu and Pokémon Masters. Heck, they are probably more present in current games than Lillie and N are, even though Red and Green are older characters.

Now that i think about it they are present in nearly every single generation, aside from Gen 6 lol
    And there is obviously a reason for that: because they remain very popular, whether we like it or not.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 6:05 AM
    MockingJ likes this.
  3. Leonhart

Leonhart The Lying King

Well she could potentially go there for other reasons that aren't based on what her in-game counterpart did, but out of all the SM cast members I feel like she's the most likely one to receive a post-SM special episode since she seems to be the most developed one and also has a sizable following from what I can tell. Her leaving Alola and visiting another region whether it's Kanto or somewhere else just feels right.