• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Potential VGC team. (work in progress)

Mudkip kid

<--Will be mine!
Alright so this will be my first time going to the vgcs this year and came up with this team so far. As i said before this is my furst time so i don't know what to expect at all. Anyways, I don't really see too many weaknesses for this team so far, besides ice. Heres my team so far:

Yanmega
Modest
Speed Boost/
Life Orb
Protect
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Shadow ball

Swampert
Adamant
Leftovers
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Avalanche
Waterfall

Sceptile
Jolly
Focus Sash
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
Crunch
Dragon Claw

Lucario
Modest
Steadfast
Choice Scarf
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
cant think of a last move

Anyways that is what I have so far for my team. Feel free to coment on it and point out flaws as much as youl like, as I'm looking to really have a good team for VGCs this year. THanks

Yeti

Banned
Frankly I've never seen any of these considered for VGC except perhaps Swampert. Even then he'll hate taking Grass Knots aimed at Kyogre.

Sceptile won't like taking anything usually used in VGC, unless he has a fire resist berry.

None of these Pokemon are really viable in VGC metagame imo.

Have you reviewed what Pokemon are allowed in?? Kyogre/Groudon/Lugia/Dialga/etc are in. That means you should be using at least one permitted uber as well, and mostly only Pokemon from OU because the rest don't fare well in VGC.

Check some VGC 2010 battles on youtube to see what kind of teams are used.

If you really want to use this team, every Pokemon needs Protect/Detect.

Mudkip kid

<--Will be mine!
Thanks for the advice. right now I'm going to replace Yanmega with Rayquaza and Mewtwo with Lucario. I figure rayquaza would be good to send out first because it could cancel out groudon and kyogre leads, but also do a lot of damage.

Bamify

Amazingly Awesome
I love Swampert but frankly he doesn't work in double battles. When you send him out you are facing two opponents with 8 potential moves. There's a good chance that one of them is a grass move. Everything is faster than swampert. Not good...

digiemperor1

Competitive Battler
Well all I can think of at the moment is if you're using avalanche on swampert then change him to brave nature so you make yourself slower to use avalanche last.

Galluo

3rd-4th gen trainer
Rayquaza sounds good, but be careful of all the ice beams that will be there. Stealth rock is useless, when there is only 4 pokemon in a battle, so replace it w/something more useful, roar may even work better for stat boosting enemies.