• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pottermore Discussion (AKA Quit Annoying People in the GC thread.)

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Got into ravenclaw.

Honestly, if people want to talk about pottermore they should make a pottermore thread.

And with the wave of a wand (and a few keystrokes), it's here....

Discuss all things Pottermore. What's your username? What House are you in? What are you looking forward to in the coming weeks?

My username is WillowKnigth9039. Anyone from Sppf is welcome to add me as a friend if you'd like. I'm in Slytherin but I haven't done much at all today. Too busy with homework.

Edit: Thought I'd add a few more questions to prompt discussion.

What do you think of the interactive storytelling element? Do you like going through the book in an interactive way or are you more concerned with competition-type activities like the House Cup?

Personally, I kind of like going through the book and finding little things to collect. I will admit I thought the first few chapters were kind of boring tutorial-type things and I was impatient to get sorted. I think I'm going to really enjoy reading all of Jo's extra tidbits about the books because those are usually things that readers don't get to see. There's a lot that goes on in a writer's mind and it's interesting for me to read about it.

Last edited:

Spookz

Lumos
HexWillow9929, sorted into Hufflepuff.

Rather disappointed, to be honest. I was expecting more interactions and whatnot, but I breezed through the first book in a matter of hours.. and naturally none of the other books are available yet. Disappointed about my sorting too, I imagine I'm not the only one.

Though, I will say, the artwork is beautifully rendered and I do enjoy reading the added information.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Aww. No Hufflepuff love. D:

I actually wasn't planning on joining, but a lot of my close friends who are also fans of the books have joined (one of them during the beta testing so she's probably bored already) so I figured I'd give it a try. I wish there was an easier way to communicate with House members because the comment function in the Common Rooms move so fast it's almost impossible to have a conversation with anyone. I think it'll be a fun way to waste time... Not that I need anymore distractions this close to the end of the school semester. Heh.

Spookz

Lumos
Well, yeah, I'll be honest and say that Hufflepuff is my least favorite of the houses. Not to say I hate Hufflepuff but I was just not expecting to be sorted there at all. The sorting was underwhelming and I'm not sure how those questions really got a firm understanding of someone's characteristics.. it seems a little random, if anything.

Geekachu

I only went on Pottermore because, admittedly, I was vaguely interested about what house I would be sorted into according to a J.K. Rowling officiated website. I was sorted into Gryffindor, which was a bit surprising considering I had no questions regarding bravery, nor did I do the typical Gryffindor-wannabe tactic by attempt to convey that I was brave in any sense. Still, at least I wasn't Hufflepuff, sorry Spookz. I might look around the extra tidbits of information but for now I'm not interested/bored enough to want to.

it seems a little random, if anything.

One of the questions asked me whether I prefer the moon or the stars.
Definitely gauging my ambition.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Y'know, I'm really interested in how they decide what questions/answers point you towards what House. The questions have to be randomized because not everyone gets the same questions at Sorting. Some of them are obvious and others (like the moon vs stars one) don't make any sense to me. I got one about choosing between a beach, a forest, and a castle. Maybe there's some kind of symbolism there. In the end, I got to choose between Gryffindor and Slytherin and chose the latter. I might get more into the site when I have more free time. It seems like everyobe's wrapped up in the House Cup competition right now.

Grey Wind

PhoenixYew5051, got sorted into Ravenclaw (yay). Slightly surprised, but I'm generally happy to have gotten into the "smart" house, although I don't see how the questions judge it, considering they seem totally random. I had things like "river or forest" and "right or left" to decide on (I hear that judges intelligence brilliantly). The only question that seemed to point to Ravenclaw was which school of magic you'd be most interested in studying (I chose all of them).

It's... all right, I suppose. I really only joined to see which house I was in, but the rest of it is slightly underwhelming. The additional content is a good read, but there's not much else going for it. Going through each chapter is nice, but it gets slightly repetitive after a while. The duelling is pretty boring, and I haven't tried the potions yet but apparently they take ages to "brew". I'll keep fiddling around with it for a while, but now that I've gotten my house, I'm starting to lose interest.

e: Having your username picked for you is total bull too.

Aegon

My username is NewtNight14719 and I was sorted into Slytherin. Kill me now.

The only truly appealing part of Pottermore is the additional content provided by J. K. Rowling. The rest of the features are quite lacking, although it was nice to visit Diagon Alley and receive a wand (fir, dragon heartstring, twelve-and-a-half inches, unyielding). I just hope the interactive aspects are seen to, considering this only a beta stage. :/

I WANTED TO BE IN RAVENCLAW!!!

RAVENCLAW!!!

I properly feel like crap that I'm not. Wow, I'm really letting this website get to me. But still. During all my years of Harry Potter reading, I had imagined myself in Ravenclaw. I died a little inside when that damned green snake appeared.

Last edited:

Maxim

Beyond repair
Hmmm... I'm not gonna register, as I'm not that much of a Potter fan, but I'm interested if it reveals any new facts.

Aegon

Hmmm... I'm not gonna register, as I'm not that much of a Potter fan, but I'm interested if it reveals any new facts.
It does. Quite a lot, actually; mainly character backgrounds.

EDIT: Is anyone else have trouble casting spells? As soon as the letters appear, they fall instantly. I don't even have time to wait for the ring to grow larger. :/

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

Pottermore is so boring. I fully explored the site a couple of months ago. Why aren't all 7 books released yet? I understand limiting it to the Philosopher's Stone because it was in Beta, but right now there's nothing to entice me to continue playing.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
I really didn't like having my username picked for me at first, but it's kind of growing on me. I also understand why they did it that way even if people don't like it. It's really interesting to see who gets sorted into what House, though. My boyfriend purposely tried to get put into Hufflepuff and ended up in Ravenclaw. In fact, all of my friends that joined have so far ended up in Ravenclaw.

And as far as the other books go, ForeverFlame, I think it has something to do with the site technically still being in Beta. They're probably still working on a lot of stuff behind the scenes and there are still a few kinks to work out in the parts of the site they already have open. Getting the artwork and the coding for the site had to be a lot of work and those things take time. Yeah, it might be me making excuses because I'm still relatively new to the site, but I know it takes a lot of work to get things like that coded.

Dear Insanity

above average
My username is AccioThestral7351, which could be worse. I'm really happy that I got sorted into Slytherin since that's the house I've always felt like I "belong" in and anything else (maybe besides Gryffindor) would have been a disappointment.

I'm hoping the second book is released soon because I see potions and duelling becoming dull pretty quickly, and if quidditch is released alongside CoS as well that would be great.

Xhilla

LOL Pottermore should have been officially open in the end of october last year, and here we are still in the beta stage.
How difficult can it be to build a website be with a year and a ridiculous big budget?

Aegon

My boyfriend purposely tried to get put into Hufflepuff and ended up in Ravenclaw. In fact, all of my friends that joined have so far ended up in Ravenclaw.
Mother of ****.

I'm really happy that I got sorted into Slytherin since that's the house I've always felt like I "belong" in and anything else (maybe besides Gryffindor) would have been a disappointment.
Yeah, it really would be a disappointment to have been placed in a house you dislike.

I still can't progress past the door to Fluffy on the third floor corridor. Stupid spellcasting. :/

Autis-misc

Abridger
name = RuneKey28710

I still find that it is the best names out of all my friends who joined.

I don't need to state my school, it was in the quote in the OP.

the pictures are good, the words are good, but there isn't enough to really do within pottermore yet. I think that maybe once like OotP comes out, there will be a lot more stuff to do. patience is one key to pottermore.

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
the pictures are good, the words are good, but there isn't enough to really do within pottermore yet. I think that maybe once like OotP comes out, there will be a lot more stuff to do. patience is one key to pottermore.

Dude, my dueling page has been down since yesterday so I'm bored out of my mind. Might try my hand at potions, but I'm already pretty good at dueling. I kinda wish they would have added a little more to each chapter in the Philospher's Stone, though. It would have given people more to do until Chamber of Secrets is available.

Fenix

Tremulant
Even though my involvement with potterland came to a halt after I finished reading the 7th book, I have always wanted to come back to it. Probably by doing a reading marathon. Too bad I have so many things to do and re-reading hp books has a rather low priority.

Anyway, I got into this pottermore out of curiosity and I have to say it's not bad. There really is a very small amount of content, but at least it's really well done. I've always been a quality > quantity type of person, so I can get behind this.

I just proceeded till the sorting ceremony to see where I end up, cause that intrigues me. I really don't know what house fits me best, all I know is which ones do NOT fit me. I know I will never be a Gryffindor or Hufflepuff, but I really cant tell which of the other 2 fits me. So I answered the questions 100% honestly and I ended up in Slytherin. Not bad. Though I kind of saw where I was going to end up when I answered the superpower question with "power of invisibility.

username is MirrorPhoenix13463, add me if you wish

Last edited: