• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pounding Hearts V2 (Rated PG-R)

mayloverxxx

mayloverxxx
aww, this story's so cool!
so sweet, i love the shippy moments between may and drewXD
Very nice story. keep it up!^^
also, can i be on the pm list plz!:D

flygonrulz

Don't leave me!
Thank you everyone and here's the new chapter-5 pages long!

Pounding Hearts
Chapter Five
“Burning Love”

Ria came out of the dressing rooms in a black ruffled miniskirt up to about a quarter of her thighs, black high heeled ankle boots and a black low cut tank top. She ran up to May and Drew.

‘These are my travelling and contest clothes, I kinda lost them and asked Nurse Joy to look around because I was in a hurry. She just gave me the-’ She was stopped by Drew.

‘Mom doesn’t know you’re wearing that, does she?’ Drew said tiredly. Ria shook her head with a grin.

‘Nope! She stopped watching my contests after I won my twenty-fifth ribbon.’ She grinned. She walked about a meter away from May and Drew and there was a sudden scream of:

‘THERE SHE IS!!!’

And guys flew from every direction, pushing May and Drew out of the way and on their butts.

‘Owww...’ Drew said, looking up at the swarm. ‘…Fanboys…And-hey, she has more fans than I have!’ He complained.

‘Drew, now is not the time to deal with your huge ego! We have to help Ria out of the-’ May begun, but the fanboys were suddenly blasted back with- ‘Water?’ May said. They looked to see, in the middle of it all Robert and his Mitotic standing over Ria, whom conveniently had her eyes shut from before.

‘Robert?!’ May exclaimed, getting up. Ria opened her eyes in surprise, looking up and blushing like crazy.

‘Uh…uhhh…Robert…Uh…hello…what are you doing here?’ Ria said, nervously for some reason. Drew looked at this situation with a grin.

‘That’s the guy she was talking about last night.’ He thought.

‘Its good to see you too, Ria.’ Robert smiled at her. May walked up to him in shock, Robert had changed a lot! His once back length hair now went just to his shoulders, he was wearing black jeans but still the red coat he had before all those years ago with his white shirt underneath. ‘And it’s good to see you too May! And Drew!’ He said as Drew walked up, his hands in his pockets. ‘Um…the reason I’m here is to watch you in the contest, Ria. I heard you were here and you haven’t passed up a challenge for all I’ve known you!’ Robert laughed.

‘So, Robert how do you know Ria?’ May asked.

‘We met when she was in Johto in one of the contests when she was just ten and I was thirteen, she beat me with her Combusken and Charmeleon.’ Robert replied.

‘You have a Charmeleon?’ May asked Ria in shock.

‘Well, actually it’s a Charizard now, and yeah, with about sixty…maybe seventy now that I think about it, others. They get on so well at professor Oak’s lab. I visited them last October and stayed in a hotel for like a month. Delilah was so nice, May!’

‘Yeah, Ash’s mom is.’ May laughed.

‘Huh! Oh I remember Ash now! Funny kid, black spiky hair didn’t stay for too long. I met him a couple of times and battled him. I won but he didn’t give up…still beat him all three times, though!’ Ria laughed. Drew snickered. ‘And why is that funny to you, mister?’ She asked him.

‘Oh, it’s because he hates Ash. I don’t see why though, he’s one of my best friends.’ May said.

‘He’s probably jealous.’ Ria smirked, causing Drew’s eyes to go wide in disbelief.

‘Jealous?! Why would I be jealous of Ash? He can have May and they can go have little Mays and Ashes and they could live together happily ever after for all I care.’ Drew replied. May was really hurt inside but she didn’t let it show, laughed awkwardly and walked up to the seats.

‘Moron.’ Ria said, glaring at Drew before flouncing off towards the Coordinators lobby. Drew looked confused, but went to sit down near May anyway with Robert.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
May and Drew (apparently not Robert) then learned that in the Mirayan Islands, in every contest you were assigned a song to sing as well as coordinating. May and Drew were quite shocked but got over it quickly. Nine people had come on and now it was time for the final entry: Ria. The usual judges were on stage but one was missing-Nurse Joy! Athena was in her place and waved up to them.

‘Okay, people!’ The announcer, Millian yelled out. She was a lot different than all of the other announcers, her sisters. She was bubby and bouncy and very random and wore a ripped and frayed turquoise micro dress with a multi coloured band around her neck. ‘We’ve had nine amazing coordinators come and dazzle us with amazing scores but nobody’s hit the perfect 30 yet! Maybe our next contestant will get the elusive 30! Now let’s all welcome her and GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!’ She yelled hyperly. ‘This is Ria Hayden from LaRousse City!’ The crowd went wild (including May, Drew and Robert) as Ria ran on stage, jumping up and doing a pirouette as the music started and landing in the middle of the stage.

“Lord Almighty!
I feel my temperature risi-ing
Higher, higher
It's burning through to my soul!” She sung beautifully, then tossing two pokeballs up into the air, releasing Kari and Carla.

“Baby, baby, baby
You gonna set me on fire
My brain is flaming
I don't know which way to go”

Kari did a swift attack and Carla used Psychic to make the many many stars swirl around Ria in a spiral with a pink glow to them.

“Your kisses lift me higher!
Like the sweet song of a choir!
You light my morning sky!
With burning love!”

Kari blasted more stars everywhere, over the judges and audience as Carla used Confusion to make them explode into fireworks. Carla then, on “Your kisses lift me higher” used Psychic on Ria to lift her up as she danced around in mid air!

“Ooh, ooh, ooh!
I feel my temperature rising
Help me, I'm flaming!
I must be a hundred and nine
Burning, burning, burning
And nothing can cool me
I just might turn into smoke
But I feel fine!”

Carla used Morning Sun as Kari used Moonlight and sparkles fell down on the faid, lit up almost like fire by the morning sun.

Meanwhile, in the seats, Robert was watching Ria intently and Drew gazed over at May and sighed.

‘May?’ He said. She looked around with an odd look on her face…hatred, he thought. ‘Look, I’m sorry about what I said…I do care. I mean, you can go off with Ash if you want but…’

‘I want you, May.’ He thought. He was about to finish his sentence off when she smiled.

‘It’s okay, Drew…there was a time where I actually did like Ash. But he likes Misty, I mean it’ so damn obvious! Besides,’ She grinned looking at him. ‘I like someone else now anyway!’ She laughed. They turned around, to see that Ria had finished her song and she, Kari and Carla put crossed their legs and bowed, Ria lifting her arms in the air. The crowd went wild as Millian tried to calm them down.

‘Excellent stuff! But lets hear what the judges have to say first!’

They all looked around to the judges.

‘Remarkable! Best appeal today! A remarkable 10!’

‘Ria, your appeal left me speechless, your singing is wonderful and your pokemon are in perfect sync with each other and you! I’ll give you a second 10!’

‘Excellent! I loved that appeal! The combos and tequniques were totally awesome and really cute and cool! Somebody help be because I’m burning! Obviously, 10!’

‘That laves a score of thirty and gives Ria the top spot in this contest so far! She’s defiantly into the next round! We’ll see all of our coordinators dazzle us in the battle stages in two hours precisely! If you don’t know what happens then, listen up! Each coordinator will be paired up with another and will have a sing off to one song that they will be given in a sec’. The winner will be determined by overall singing quality, pokemon quality and battling and you’re performances! And by battling, I mean it! Your pokemon will have to battle without your instructions and you loose points if your pokemon get injured, knocked out or they disturb the flow of your song! Now here are the line-ups! First, here are the six coordinators that make it to the second round!’

Six pictures appeared on the screens: Ria’s first, then a guy with red hair, then a brunette girl, a blonde girl, a blonde guy and another girl with blue hair.

Ria gasped at the screen backstage as Drew, May and Robert walked up to her.

‘Adrian?!?’ She practically yelled at the screen, wide eyed as the guy with the red hair’s picture branched with her, with the song “All You Wanted-Michelle Branch” under it. She started to blush ferociously.

‘What’s wrong, Ria?’ May asked in concern. Ria turned around with a guilty look on her face.

‘Nothing! Why?!? Are you saying I’m covering up something because I’m not and you’re absolutely crazy to thinks that May because nothing is wrong with me at all and I’m perfectly fine and the fact that the guy am battling is completely madly in love with me has nothing to do with this!’ Ria said in one breath.

‘Riiight,’ Drew remarked. ‘…I didn’t know Adrian’s in love with you-how do you know?’

‘Weeeell…’

Flashback

It was the Grand Festival of Sinnoh and Ria was stood besides her winning duo-Kari and Carla. The announcer just revealed that she had won the Grand Festival and she was literally jumping for joy. She shook hands with her competitor: the devilishly handsome Adrian. Ria grinned and jumped up, trapping him in a bear hug.

The ceremony was amazing: fireworks and confetti flying everywhere. Everybody was chanting as Ria went to collect her third Ribbon Cup of her four-year journey. She held it up proudly…but lost her footing on the stage and came topping down as the crowd gasped-not the Ribbon Cup!- when someone caught her: Adrian! She giggled and got back up, shaking everybody’s hands in a wild frenzy of fans, competitors and judges.

Ria was swarmed under all of the people when someone grabbed her hand and tugged her out without anybody noticing. She didn’t see who it was as he dragged her around the dressing rooms and into the garden. It was Adrian again.

‘Thanks, Adrian! I thought I was done for there!’ Ria smiled. Adrian blushed.

‘Ria, there’s something…rather important I want you to know.’ He said. Ria’s face became one of worry.

‘Is anything the matter, what’s wrong, Adrian?’ She asked with a lot of worry in her voice.

‘No, no-it’s nothing like that…it’s kinda hard for me to say this but…’ He swallowed. ‘I LOVE YOU, RIA!’ He burst out. Ria had an immensely confused look on her face.

‘Whaaa?’ She said in a rather dazed and dumbfounded way. Adrian got up without haste and ran off.

End Flashback

‘And I haven’t seen him since.’ Ria said as May took a good look at the screen.

‘I’ve seen him someplace before, I just know it…’ She said.

‘Whoa…’ Drew and Robert said together.

‘I can’t believe I let him run off like that! I’m a complete moron!’ Ria cried. A few teardrops came out of her eyes as a pair of unseen arms came out of nowhere and a huge figure came up as their owner, wrapping themselves around Ria from behind and wiping away all of her tears.

‘It’s good to see you Ria…I’ve missed you like crazy.’ He said. Ria turned around in shock.

‘ADRIAN!’ She yelled, jumping up into his arms and hugging him as she cried. ‘I’ve missed you…so much.’ She said, as Robert looked over with jealous eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*
OH NOEZ!!! Not a love rival! Hehehe! Two characters in one chappie again-how good am I?!? XD Only joking, peoples. I hope everyone liked it!

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
As I'm here, might as well do my job and review :p

‘Owww...’ Drew said, looking up at the swarm. ‘…Fanboys…And-hey, she has more fans than I have!’ He complained.

weird feeling, isn't it Drew ? xD

‘Jealous?! Why would I be jealous of Ash? He can have May and they can go have little Mays and Ashes and they could live together happily ever after for all I care.’ Drew replied.

he didn't just say that, did he ? o_O
oh dear...doesn't he know that can hurt a girl ? (still, it was kinda very funny :p)

May was really hurt inside but she didn’t let it show, laughed awkwardly and walked up to the seats.

‘Moron.’ Ria said

indeed...

‘What’s wrong, Ria?’ May asked in concern. Ria turned around with a guilty look on her face.

‘Nothing! Why?!? Are you saying I’m covering up something because I’m not and you’re absolutely crazy to thinks that May because nothing is wrong with me at all and I’m perfectly fine and the fact that the guy am battling is completely madly in love with me has nothing to do with this!’ Ria said in one breath.

how more humourous can this thing get ? :D

‘ADRIAN!’ She yelled, jumping up into his arms and hugging him as she cried. ‘I’ve missed you…so much.’ She said, as Robert looked over with jealous eyes.

kill. blood. contest battle. battle for love. determination.

you know the basics :rolleyes:

I'm looking forvard to the Robert/Adrian storyline :p
romance and battling, gotta love the idea ! ^_^

one word to describe the first part of the chapter : funny :p
one word to describe the second part of the chapter : emotionnal

who knew Ria was so in love as well ? :(

untill next time ;)

Ariel_Anderson

Just some Random
Oh, this contest, it reminds me of the singing bee! Y'know that show? But gosh, it would be rather inconvinient if you couldn't sing...

Ria's appeal must have been so hard to pull off! Having to concentrate on so many different things at once (I know what this's like, because I play piano. It can get tricky when you have to think about your right hand, your left hand, the pedals, how loud or soft the notes are, what speed, how long the notes are, where your hands need to be and when to move them...this is what Ria's appeal reminds me of!)

But still, I would definately like to compete in this kind of contest!

HelloKitty17

therocketsummer</3
I liked the singing, that was really cool :]]

I totally love the Robert/Ria/Adrian love triangle that's going to be. It's fiesty ;D lol. I would root for Robert just cause though; I always liked him :]]

‘I want you, May.’ He thought.

^ Deffinitley the best part x33 At first I guess I was reading fast and I thought he said that out loud and Mays' reaction was just kinda like whatever so I was like WHAT! You should be ecstatic! But then I reread it and he said it in his head xDD whoops.

Sorry for the late review, I didn't notice that you updated, lol ^^;
Good chapter though, it keeps you reading :]]
Nice song choice for Ria too before I forget!

flygonrulz

Don't leave me!
Like, OMFG!!! :eek: There's finally a new chappie?!? *dies* Okay, I wrote it so I know there's a new chappie. Duh. XD So here's chapter six! And, yes-I am going to finish this story! Because I have tons of ideas and such so here's the funny (I think) chappy 6 at last!

Pounding Hearts
Chapter Six
“All You Wanted”

‘Ria, Ria! Please don’t cry!’ Adrian begged as Ria sobbed into his shirt.

‘I’m crying because I’m s-so happy!’ She wailed, removing herself and sitting down on a nearby bench. Robert scowled behind everyone.

‘Jealous much?’ May said as she slid over to him with that “I know everything so don’t deny it hahahahaha” look.

‘Wha? Me? Jealous? Of that guy?’ He scoffed. ‘Pur-leease. Why would I be jealous?’

‘Uhhh, maybe because he likes Ria? He’s told her his feelings and you haven’t?’ May laughed.

‘Feelings?’ Robert exclaimed, flushed. ‘What feelings? You’re insane! She’s my friend!’ He paused. ‘Ria is my friend. She’s always been my friend and nothing else. We were friends the first moment we met-we share everything with one another. Sometimes, we aren’t in the same region together because one has already participated in contests there, but we call each other, write to each other, send videos and chat over the Internet. We’re best friends and that’s it, May,’ Was it just her, May thought, or did Robert look sad at that? ‘And besides,’ He smiled. ‘She’s got so many wonderful people around her, why would she pick me?’

May was surprised.

‘But…that’s the way I feel about Drew…could Robert be…in love with Ria?’

‘I know I’m contradicting myself,’ He smiled. ‘But the last part is true. I think…’ He lowered his voice so that May was the only one to hear. ‘That I might like…maybe even love Ria.’

‘Robert…I like someone too and I feel exactly the same way as you do with…R. The person I like is-’

‘Heya!’ Ria shouted behind the two, coming out of nowhere. ‘I’ve stopped crying now and I’m gonna train for this awesome contest that I’M GONNA WIN!!!’ She yelled, laughing maniacally. Everyone sweatdropped and sighed. May winked at Robert, who in turn winked back. They both laughed silently. This was the start of a beautiful friendship and May had a feeling Robert knew who she liked.
*~*~*~*~*~*~
‘Alright! Our finalists have all come out and performed fo us, now there’s only one battle left between Ria and Adrian! As a recap, for anyone who’s just joined us and don’t know the rules, each side has one human and two pokemon in this contest! They sing, while doing gestures to show what attack they want their pokemon to do! It’s not only about how well you sing, if one pokemon gets knocked out, one quarter of your points go down, if two go down you’re out! You also loose points if your voice breaks, if you don’t hit a note well enough and also with pokemon attacks but your pokemon cannot purposely attack the other trainer or it’s an ultimate disqualification! Now lets yet this party started! Ria, Adrian, come on stage and grace us with those fabulous moves! Go!’

Ria and Adrian jumped on the stage and both released their pokemon as the start of the music started. Ria released Pinky and Goggles, and Adrian released a Starmie and a Breloom. The area around Ria flashed, indicating she sung the first part.

‘I wanted to be like you
I wanted everything
So I tried to be like you
And I got swept away, ay.’

Ria sung, getting all the high and low notes right as she indicated for a double hyper beam that swirled around each other and hit Starmie as it was running, making Adrian loose a lot of points. The area around Adrian went red, indicating it was his turn.

‘I didn't know that it was so cold
And you needed someone
to show you the way
So I took your hand and we figured out
That when the tide comes,’

Ria interrupted.

‘I’ll take you away, ay.’ She said, as Starmie used an amazing Water Pulse that Pinky only just missed and hit Goggles. She cried out to her love as the chorus came and Ria ordered an Earthquake from Pinky and a Slash from Goggled as Breloom tried to do an Absorb on Goggles to take him back but was knocked unconscious by the Earthquake, as Starmie was hurt by the Slash, leaving Ria’s points with about a quarter off, And Adrian’s with half.

‘If you want to
I can save you
I can take you away from here
So lonely inside
So busy out there
And all you wanted
was somebody who cares!’

They both sung together, a rockish echo with it, especially in Ria’s case.

‘Wow,’ Drew said from the seats to May and Robert. ‘All that time singing to Evanescence finally paid off. At least she used it for something.’

‘I'm sinking slowly
So hurry hold me
Your hand is all I have to keep me hanging on ’ Ria sung, without a flaw.

‘Please can you tell me
So I can finally see
Where you go when you're gone.’ Adrian interrupted.

‘Wow. It’s a really sad song if you think about it.’ May said.

‘How so?’ Drew asked.

‘Duh! Basically it’s about the girl who sung ut saying to a guy that she’ll be there no matter what.’

‘How it that sad?’ Drew scoffed.

‘I’m not done! The first verse means that all of his friends, or the guy, pushed her away. The second verse is kinda saying that no matter what, she wanted to do it together. The chorus is saying-hey, I don’t care about anything you say, I’m going to be there, no matter what. And when you need me, I’ll be there. Then, this verse is saying that he finally came through for her, and that she has nothing. I mean- “Your hand is all I have to keep me holding on” is all about holding onto reality. And when she sings, “Where you go when you’re gone” almost makes it seem like he’s cheating on her. It’s really sad.’

‘Wow,’ Drew said, trying to make May cheer up. ‘May said something deep and meaningful. Where are those brain switching aliens going to strike next?’ He laughed. May hit him over the head with her rolled up program.

‘Shut up! I can be smart too ya know!’ She argued.

‘Riiiight.’ Drew grinned.

They looked up to see Adrian’s pokemon nowhere to be found and Ria’s standing proudly-they had talked through the entire song!

‘Ladies and Gentleman please give it up for the Beginner’s Point Pokemon Contest winner-Ria Hayden!’ Millian exclaimed. The crowd burst into applause as Ria went to collect the purple and silver ribbon from Athena. She then bounded over to Adrian to give him a handshake. He took her hand…but then put his other arm on her back and pulled her down as he kissed her!

Ria’s face looked like the most shocked face ever-as well as looking like a strawberry. In the stands, Robert’s face fell, which only May noticed at first. She elbowed Drew in the arm.

‘What?’ He asked, a little miffed that Adrian was kissing his sister. May pointed at Robert, who couldn’t stop looking at the two, now parted, with a depressed look on his face. ‘Man…he looks depressed…’ He said. May hit herself with her hand. ‘What?’ Drew asked, annoyed.

‘You’ll understand when you’re older.’
~*~*~
2 HOURS LATER
~*~*~
Robert sighed and leant back on the bench he was sitting on, looking at the sunset.

‘So, are you just going to mope around all day?’ A familiar voice said. He looked up to see Ria, in a loose silk shirt and baggy jeans (of course, all black). ‘So spill,’ She said, taking a seat next to him. He looked confused. ‘What’s wrong, moron?’ She laughed, hitting him over the head. He smiled.

‘I dunno. I guess I’m just worried about you, is all.’ He replied.

‘Ya mean Adrian?’ She asked. He nodded. ‘Awwwww…’ She said, wrapping her arms around him. ‘Is Robby afraid that big bad Mr Adrian is gonna hurt me?’ She asked in a baby voice. It was his turn to hit her now. She laughed. ‘I’ll always be your friend, Robert,’ She said in her normal voice, but more comforting. ‘No matter what. Hey,’ She said. You could practically see the light bulb in her head. ‘Why don’t you travel with me?’

‘Travel?’ Robert asked, shocked. ‘With you? Are you sure Adrian’s okay with that?’

‘Well, he asked me if I wanted to travel with him, and I said yes. But I also asked him if it would be okay if you, May and Drew could travel with us as well. He said that would be okay because Drew’s my twin and I miss him, I’ve only just met May but she’s a cool person and I want to get to know her and I always get tired of posting you letters and talking on the phone-I always want to see you in person so we can do things like this.’

‘What?’

‘Watch the sunset. It’s beautiful.’ She said. They stayed there like that for the next ten minutes, in total silence until the final rays set over the hill. Robert then stood up, taking her hand.

‘Madame Andrea,’ He said in a posh voice. ‘Might I escort you to thee ice cream parlour before we go to our pleasant dinner with our acquaintances?’ Ria giggled. It was a thing between them-talking in posh voices to one another.

‘You may, Master Robert. And then we shall dine with our fine acquaintances.’ She said, grinning as the walked over to the ice cream stand.
~*~*~*~
‘What’s taking Ria and Robert so long?’ Drew wondered. He looked over at Adrian, whose vein was leaping in his clenched jaw.

‘We’re here!’ Ria’s voice sounded out. She ran over to the table, carting Robert with her. ‘Sorry about that. We had some ice cream and then went to go change into some clean clothes because ROBERT decided we should go for a leisurely swim.’ Robert laughed.

‘I pushed her in the lake then I had to jump in and save her.’

‘You did not! I was fine!’

‘You were drowning!’

‘Nuh uh!’

‘Uh huh!’

‘Don’t you Uh huh my Nuh uh!’

‘People, people! Let’s not start a pointless argument! …That’s May’s job.’ Drew interrupted.

‘Hey!’ May yelled, whacking him in the arm with her spoon.

‘Ya see? Pointless arguing?’ He said as he rubbed where she hit it.

‘It was so not pointless!’

‘You’re only proving my point even more!’ he said. May scowled at him, crossing her arms as Robert and Adrian both pulled Ria’s chair out at the same time. She sweatdropped.

‘So,’ Adrian said, chewing on a piece of bread out of the basket the waiter brought. ‘Ria said something about us all travelling together.’ May and Drew’s eyes widened in shock.

‘Adrian!’ Ria shouted, hitting him over the head. ‘I was GONNA tell them after dessert but we haven’t even gotten to the main course. Way to go.’ She said, sarcastically.

‘How could I know when you didn’t tell me?’ Adrian asked loudly.

‘Hmmm…’ Ria mused. ‘Nope, I guess you’re right. Sorry about the whole whacking you thing,’ She said, calmly. Everybody sweatdropped. ‘Anyway,’ She said. ‘We were wondering if you two want to travel with us. You’re already travelling together, so why not travel in a big group? It’s be tons of fun!’ She giggled.

‘Sounds good to me!’ May grinned, laughing. ‘What about you, Drew?’ She asked.

‘Defiantly! I’m not leaving my twin sister in the hands of two hormonal teenage guys.’

‘Yeah, and you’re not hormonal at all.’ May said, sarcastically.

‘What’s that supposed to mean?’

‘Oh, please! You should have seen your face when I was in that dress yesterday! You were practically drooling all over my shoes!’

‘Whatever, May.’ Drew said, blushing. Ria laughed heartily-this was going to be fun.

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
oooh, update :D

‘Wow,’ Drew said from the seats to May and Robert. ‘All that time singing to Evanescence finally paid off. At least she used it for something.’

Yeah, who'd have thought it would have been useful ? xD

He looked up to see Ria, in a loose silk shirt and baggy jeans (of course, all black)

huh, is she that goth looking type ? :p :rolleyes: nevermind... -_-

I always get tired of posting you letters and talking on the phone-I always want to see you in person so we can do things like this.’

‘What?’

‘Watch the sunset. It’s beautiful.’ She said. They stayed there like that for the next ten minutes, in total silence until the final rays set over the hill.

That's cute :)

‘People, people! Let’s not start a pointless argument! …That’s May’s job.’ Drew interrupted.

‘Hey!’ May yelled, whacking him in the arm with her spoon.

‘Ya see? Pointless arguing?’ He said as he rubbed where she hit it.

‘It was so not pointless!’

‘You’re only proving my point even more!’ he said.

Oh, reverse-reverse-psychology...he's good...
xD

Defiantly! I’m not leaving my twin sister in the hands of two hormonal teenage guys.’

‘Yeah, and you’re not hormonal at all.’ May said, sarcastically.

‘What’s that supposed to mean?’

‘Oh, please! You should have seen your face when I was in that dress yesterday! You were practically drooling all over my shoes!’

‘Whatever, May.’ Drew said, blushing. Ria laughed heartily-this was going to be fun.

definately
And that part was to die for :D Especially May's last line, and Drew's firt one ! Though I don't think Robert's a teenager...

Keep on writing insanely cute stuff FR, I'll be waiting :)

flygonrulz

Don't leave me!
Ariel_Anderson: Woo! Go me! :p Yeah, I can't wait to WRITE more! *laughs*

shadow_shipper: Thanks for the awesome review, Mark! I can always count on you to like my work because you've reviewed every single fic I've done here apart from one and that was before you got here and when I was a newb so it kinda sucked...badly. Evanescence are my favorite band-Amy Lee's just awesome! And, yes people-RIA IS A GOTH! I based her on myself-insane, loves black and winning, lives in jeans and she has all my favourite pokemon! I liked the last part too. Drew is hormonal-haha.

Drew: Shuddup...

MAKE ME!!!

flygonrulz

Don't leave me!
Okay, this chapter is basically for comic relief, mostly, plus I re-introduced Harley in a rather comical way, if I do say so myself. Anyway, here's chapter 7 for you all-enjoy!

Pounding Hearts
Chapter Seven
“Can’t Fight the Moonlight”

Ria knocked on the door of May and Drew’s room. No answer. She tried again. No answer. She tried again. No answer. A vein was pounding on her head as she got more irritated and after whacking the door numerous times with her fists, then kicked the door down with a long, boot clad leg. It opened at once, its screws clean off.

What she saw nearly made her yell in shock: her brother and May! They were both on their sides, May’s head on Drew’s chest and her arms around her head, which was bent down near hers. Drew had his arms around her waist and his legs entangled with her still ones. Ria grinned evilly and took a big breath as she saw they were wearing earplugs.

‘WAKE UP, LOVEBIRDS!!!’ She yelled at the top of her lungs. May and Drew’s eyes opened widely, fast. Thy paused for a second…looked at one another…and screamed so loudly that Ria had to cover her ears from the doorway as they ran to opposite sides of the room. They looked over to her, plugging their earplugs out to see her examining her long, purple painted nails.

‘Well, if I wasn’t interrupting anything,’ She said, casing both May and Drew to blush crimson. ‘I just thought you might like to know that a- it’s nine-o clock and the contest you signed up for, May is at One and Drew’s at three thirty, and b-I kicked down your door because you weren’t answering,’ She said, pointing a thumb over to the beaten red wooden door, lying on the floor. ‘That will be all. You can get back to sleeping with each other now.’

‘WE’RE NOT SLEEPING TOGETHER!’ Both yelled, their faces all red.

‘Ew, you sickos! I was talking about rest! God, you guys disgust me.’ She said, putting out her tongue and laughing.

‘Catch you downstairs in a half hour, we’re all having breakfast together and may I say-it is an all you can eat buffet and it’s awesome!!!’ She grinned childishly, thoughts of food on the brain. ‘They have bacon, sausage, fried, poached, scrambled egg, toast, cereal, cheese strings and all my favourites but they don’t open for another half hour.’ She said, pouting at the last part.

‘Ria, you glutton, go back to your boyfriends.’ Drew said, laughing. Ria pouted angrily, stepping up to him.

‘Only one of them is my boyfriend and that’s Adrian! Robert is just by best friend who happens to be a boy! You’re just mad because you haven’t had a girlfriend yet and I have a boyfriend!’

‘Well I don’t need a girlfriend but at least I like someone now and you’re only going out with Adrian because you feel sorry for him!’

‘As if! He’s a nice guy and I like him!’

‘But you don’t love him! At least I love someone now! You turned him down the first time!’

‘I wasn’t ready! And besides, who’s this girl you like-is it May?’

‘Shut up-I don’t need to tell you, ANDREA!’

‘Well I’ll find out anyway, ANDREW!’

May sighed.

‘Sibling rivalry, I guess.’ She said, sweatdropping.

‘Drew, Ria, you’re going to wake up the whole center if you’re not careful,’ Robert said, walking in with just a pair of jeans on…no shirt whatsoever. ‘I’m only a door down but sheesh!’ He laughed. Ria’s face went redder than May and Drew’s combined when they’d just woke up, as she began to walk outside, trying not to look at Robert’s perfect chest. She was doing fine, until she felt a sudden force lifting her up in the air from her waist.

‘Robert, put me down!!!’ She shrieked.

‘I’m not doing it!’ He yelled, as he pulled her in for a hug.

‘Yeah, right! Put me down or I’ll get Flamence!’ She yelled. They all then heard a high pitched laughing and Carla stepped into view.

‘Hahahahaha!’ She laughed, tears streaming down her face. ‘That was halari-uh oh.’ She said, as Ria got down and glared at her. Carla instantly ran away.

‘GET BACK HERE YOU ANNOYING PINK MONSTROSITY!!!’ Ria yelled down the hallway. Everyone sweatdropped.

‘Well, I should have expected this,’ Robert said, laughing and scratching his head absent-mindedly. ‘Carla does this every time Ria and me see each other. It’s almost like she’s trying to get us together.’

‘Well, Carla’s always been really mischievous. Even when she was an Eevee, she used to switch collars with Kari so she wouldn’t go for a bath until Ria finally wised up or we could smell her from ten feet away.’ Drew said, laughing.

‘Well this is going to be fun,’ May said, sarcastically. ‘What if she tries to get us together?’ She asked Drew.

‘Not that I’d mind.’ They both thought.

‘Don’t worry, she just seems hell-bent on getting me and Ria together, that’s all. Well, I’m going to get ready, see you two at breakfast.’ He said, waving before leaving.

‘I CALL FIRST SHOWER!!! May yelled before zooming into the bathroom. Drew sighed and waited outside, sitting on one of the beds as he heard running water.

Inside, May lowered herself into the huge bath. She sighed and fumbled around the steam for a bottle of raspberry-scented bubble bath she had brought in with her. Finding it and dumping half of it in the huge tub of steamy hot water, she sighed and wondered what she should sing.

May knew a lot of songs, and she tested out a few of them…but they didn’t seem good enough…it needed something else: a flare…a flame…a spice-a sound that made your body and your heart move and beat in rhythm to the music. She found herself singing a song she knew well: a song she’d sung all those dark, lonely nights, thinking about Drew. The song that gave her hope, even though she knew it to be false. She loved this song: it was beautiful and made her want to act out…

‘Under a lovers' sky
Gonna be with you
And no one's gonna be around
If you think that you won't fall
Well just wait until
’Til the sun goes down.’

She sung, lowering herself into the water so only thee space above her lower neck was visible. A tear was brought to her eye, thinking of her impossible chances with Drew.

‘Underneath the starlight - starlight
There's a magical feeling - so right
It'll steal your heart tonight‘

Although she knew this would never happen, why would he choose her of all people?

’You can try to resist
Try to hide from my kiss
But you know
But you know that you can't fight the moonlight
Deep in the dark
You'll surrender your heart
But you know
No, you can't fight it
It's gonna get to your heart’

Outside, Drew heard something and pressed his ear to the door as May got to the next verse.

‘There's no escape from love
Once a gentle breeze
Weaves it's spell upon your heart
No matter what you think
It won't be too long
Til your in my arms’

He paused: why would May be singing about this…d-did she like someone? S-someone else? She sounded sad: maybe they didn’t like her? But why wouldn’t they like her? She was sweet, gentle, and beautiful, with a great personality and even though she was a total klutz, at least she had a brain.

‘Underneath the starlight - starlight
We'll be lost in the rhythm - so right
Feel it steal your heart tonight’

He gulped: she did like another guy…but he had to try: try and get her, try and show her how special she was. He smiled, and listened to her song.

‘You can try to resist
Try to hide from my kiss
But you know
Deep in the dark
But you know
No you can't fight it
No matter what you do
The night is gonna get to you

Don't try then
You're never gonna win

Underneath the starlight - starlight
There's a magical feeling - so right
It will steal your heart tonight

You can try to resist
Try to hide from my kiss
But you know
Deep in the dark
But you know
No, you can't fight it

You can try to resist
Try to hide from my kiss
But you know
Don't you know that you can't fight the moonlight
Deep in the dark
But you know
No, you can't fight it
It's gonna get to your heart’

Once the song finished, May burst into floods of tears, hot sand wet, thinking about Drew. Why should he choose her? She was a huge clutz, stupid, ugly and yelled at everyone! She was a monster! She heard Drew hammering on the door.

‘May! May! Open this door right now!’ He yelled. She quickly grabbed a towel and unlocked and opened the door, before collapsing in his arms with a flood of fresh tears.

He was surprised at first, of course, but he quickly put his arms around her, stroking her wet hair and soothing her with gentle noises and shushing until she calmed down. She was still crying into his shirt, and then looked up, still crying.

‘D-Drew, your shirt…’ She said before she was pulled back into his chest by him.

‘Sssh, sssh, it’s alright, I can change into another one,’ He said, still stroking her hair. ‘You’re more important than a stinkin’ shirt.’

‘D-drew?’ She asked.

‘Yeah?’

‘W-what do you do…if y-you like someo-o-one a-and they d-don’t like you back?’ She asked. He sighed.,

‘You try harder. You try, but if they ever hurt you physically, give them up, come to me and I’ll kick their arse.’

‘That might be a little hard, because I like you.’ May thought.

They stayed there for a little while longer, cherishing each others warmth and saying nothing...until the door swung open and a flash poured into the room at the two wide-eyed teens. They looked over to see…

‘HARLEY!?!’ May squeaked, loudly.

‘Hehehe! This will be on the internet in half an hour-Photobucket, here I come!’ He grinned, turning around to go to his room…but instead running into a small, emerald haired girl.

‘Going somewhere, Harley?’ She asked, plucking the camera out of his hands and giving him a death-glare.

‘Uh, hehe, you see, I dropped my camera when I went in May and Drew’s room to ask for…ummm…deodorant? Yeah! Deodorant!’ Harley, said, nervous of Ria’s wrath.

‘Yeaaaaah…’ She said with the “I don’t believe you-not even for one second” look. ‘You have a five-second head start to run.’

‘But-’

‘One.’

‘Ria!’

‘Two!’

‘You can’t-’

‘Three!’

‘Do this-’

‘Four!’

‘To me!’

‘FIVE! NOW GET HERE SO I CAN BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU!!!’

‘AHHHHHHHHHH!!!’ Harley, yelled, running at top speed, with an angry Ria behind him. ‘You’re mad at Carla-chase her!!!’

‘She’s in her pokeball…you can’t shield yourself with anything: I’ll just break through it!!!’ Ria yelled. May and Drew then heard a plate smashing, a clanging of something metal, Carla shouting for help and many, many bursts of evil laughter from Ria. They sweatdropped as she came back, unscratched and holding the camera, which was also unscratched. She grinned and handed it to May. ‘Here ya go!’ She said, giving them a wink before walking off happily.

‘Well, that’s Ria for ya…’ Drew said, while they saw Harley, with black eyes and teetering down the hall.

‘She broke bones I didn’t know I had…’ He said, before collapsing.

‘Should we call 911?’ May asked.

‘Nah, he can do it himself when he wakes up. Besides, I we have a new camera to take pictures of funny things.’ Drew replied, taking the camera and taking a picture of Harley on the floor.

‘I’ve got a feeling travelling with Ria’s going to be very interesting.’ May said, walking into their room with Drew and closing the door.

‘Hello?’ A beaten Harley asked the nothingness. ‘Help? Please? 911 anybody? …Hello?’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
lol Anyways, I have a question for you all-I'm going to start including questions in every chapter at the bottom so here's the first:

Who do you think is the cutest couple in PH?

A) May and Drew B) Robert and Ria C) Ria and Adrian or D) Harley and Ria

Put your answer and a reason at the end of your review if you want to participate! I'll put every question's results on my ongoing website project, which's link I will give you soon-too tired now *yawn* Night night...

Ariel_Anderson

Just some Random
Oh, oh, I know that song! Ye-owwwwwww!!!!!!!! (My index finger was crushed between my desk and my chair when I was writing this... owwie! Gonna be a bruise there tomorrow...) Anyways, I remember hearing it on the radio a lot when I was little.

Umm, I think Robert and Ria are the cutest couple because he's such a gentleman sorta, and he just doesn't know how to say tell her how he feels about her. And of course, the poor guy has a couple of rivals to deal with as well...

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
meh, seeing as I am in a dull mood, might as well read this with hopefully getting a few laughs out of it :rolleyes:

They were both on their sides, May’s head on Drew’s chest and her arms around her head, which was bent down near hers.

I believe it's his head in this case...

‘But you don’t love him! At least I love someone now! You turned him down the first time!’

Can't get much more obvious, can you Drew ? :rolleyes: Next time, just scream out loud : "I LOVE MAY !!!" trust me, you'll feel much better...

‘Well this is going to be fun,’ May said, sarcastically. ‘What if she tries to get us together?’ She asked Drew.

Aww, so sweet :)
But I'm sorry to say this, so far, this whole thing has been rather awkward :/ Not the ideas, but how you wrote it made it a bit confusing at some points, and feels rushed...

He gulped: she did like another guy…but he had to try: try and get her, try and show her how special she was.

So what are you waiting for ? Go and sweep her off her feet :p

Besides, I we have a new camera

o_O er...wha ?

Ok, bottom line : This chapter, besides being a filler, was worse than the rest :( Some parts really confusing, some errors, which I don't know if they were errors, made this hard to understand, and the general feeling made me think it was rushed...You better try and not work when you're dead tired xD
Hope the next one will be an improvement ! ^^

Who do you think is the cutest couple in PH?

A) May and Drew B) Robert and Ria C) Ria and Adrian or D) Harley and Ria

Answer B), because I don't like Adrian, Robert is a classy, awesome coordinator and a good looking son of a b****, and ContestShipping is already such a big part of me, it's not uber cute anymore for me, it's just there, it's canon, and it's normal ! :D

flygonrulz

Don't leave me!
Ariel_Anderson: Ouch! Sorry for your poor finger and thanks for the review! And for answering my question-thank you!

shadow_shipper: Yeah, it was quite rushed and I'm really sorry. Hey, maybe I'll do a one-shot of a re-do of this chapter sometime? I just felt like doing something random, is all. :( But I guess I do enough of that! XD About your answer, why don't you like Adrian? I mean, sure, he's kinda supposed to be a bit of a baddy in the story (with a few more for later, maybe some vv evily teams! OOOOOOOH!) but I guess I'll try make him more likeble. And OMG! :eek: You don't think CS is cute anymore? Rabid Contestshippers...get the cannon! lol, I wouldn't dare, because you're my most frequesnt reviewer and always make me smile, even if I'm ill with tonsilitus, which I am right now. :(

Manix

Another round?
Considering I just read ALL 7 chapters in one shot, and I had a slight CS bone in me... That was really, really brilliant! I loved it!

The who knows how many times (The writer and people who pay attention and count)that May and Drew are in bed and are all over each other = Lots of fun and laughs to read. (No, really. I mean it.)

Drew has a "little" trouble with a certain something called "reason" (more stupidity if you ask me) , he'll take ages to finally admit he loves May...then again, in their thoughts, they want each other...( To make a point,
in chapter 4 when they fall on each other, he wants to kiss her...but doesn't. Better luck next time Drew! (If there is a next time...))

The answer to the question...Let me think...Probably May and Drew, because isn't this what this story's about? (Actually, it's probably about many different shippings, but hey, what do I know...)

Good work, and keep it up!

flygonrulz

Don't leave me!
Haha! Thank you-a new reader and O_O You read all 7 chapters??? Wow, I'm very flattered. Hmmm, times wih the bed+May+Drew...about 2 times only, sorry! XD Glad you like my story and, regarding the last thing you said, the main couples in this are:

May x Drew Ria x Robert Ria x Adrian May x ??? Drew x ??? Ria x ???

OMG! Who are those three ???s ? I've thought who they are, but I need to work out their names and decide the city (or maybe cities) where they appear in (or first appear in). So it's a mystery alright! XD World exclusive from FR! :eek: :p

Ariel_Anderson: Woo! Go me! :p Yeah, I can't wait to WRITE more! *laughs*

shadow_shipper: Thanks for the awesome review, Mark! I can always count on you to like my work because you've reviewed every single fic I've done here apart from one and that was before you got here and when I was a newb so it kinda sucked...badly. Evanescence are my favorite band-Amy Lee's just awesome! And, yes people-RIA IS A GOTH! I based her on myself-insane, loves black and winning, lives in jeans and she has all my favourite pokemon! I liked the last part too. Drew is hormonal-haha.

Drew: Shuddup...

MAKE ME!!!

LOL! Sorry I'm replying to this late... I haven't been on here for months... XP Seriously, time flies so fast during the school year..... Anyway. Who doesn't like Evanescence? I love their music, but I'm not too sure about being goth... *anime sweatdrop* I'm not against goths, I'm just saying I wouldn't wanna be one... And of course Drew is hormonal... Every teenage boy is... DON'T ASK HOW I KNOW! I'm gonna read the next chappie now... Keep up the great work! ^^

foxfyre

Ninetales Queen
I like it! I really don't like musicals but it works in this case strangly enough. Keep up the good work!

foxfyre

Ninetales Queen
I like it! I really don't like musicals but it works in this case strangly enough. Keep up the good work!

MapleRoses

Jaejoong is HERO
SPAAAAASH!

‘Ugh! May, while it’s nice to see you too, I think that was a tad overboard.’ Drew smirked at May, pulling himself out of the water and onto the pier. The water is surprisingly deep-even for him and his six foot height it would pass over his head, which was probably why May with her tiny height was struggling. Drew bent down and picked her up from her armpits. He only just realised what he was almost touching when May was out of the water. He blushed.

He noticed May had grown her hair down to her waist and, although she was still the same height as she was when they were in Johto (which was pretty darn small) she has become more…developed. Which was probably why he blushed. Her hips were now quite curvy, as were her…um…he blushed more at that thought.
Yippie~!!
Swimming together!!
‘…Maybe I was a little too harsh on her…’
You're right~!

‘Really?’ Ash said. He then paused. ‘Who?’

‘Drew, you dolt!’ Lance yelled, irritated. ‘Now get your butt to the phone! May’s waiting and crying, remember!!!’ Ash then ran to the phone, afraid. Pikachu clung to his arm as he did so as his trainer was running in fear of angry-Lance.
Ash was sooo dense

‘A-and to make up for what I said, how would you like to travel with me? We never got around to it in Johto and frankly…I missed you.’
So sweet~!

‘Uhhh…me and May aren’t a couple.’ Drew said, blushing. He accidentally caught May’s eyes; they then looked at each other for a second and stared in the opposite direction to one another, blushing. Athena giggled.
Oww... don't be shy, all know that you two are couples ya know~!

‘Finishing touches?’

‘Make up, you idiot!’ She said. The door then sprung open and Drew stepped back quickly. He then gawped at the sight in front of him as she put away a lipstick in her bag.
Ack! First time I saw Drew is so dense~

May hung backl a little as they began
typo~
it should be hung back

ahahaha~
well done^^

and i LOVE that bed parts~!!
keep it up , girl~!!

Last edited: