• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Power Play! (173)

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was a joy to see Shigeru again. I liked when we saw his Blacky fighting against Foodin, because the Dark-type's resistance to Psychic-type attacks was brought up, and also because Shigeru's battling style was more sophisticated than ever before. But I was a little letdown that Shigeru declined to battle Satoshi here.

Vipsoccermaster

One of my favorite fillers. And it's a great Gary episode. Glad to see him again and his Eevee evolved into Umbreon. Glad he chose to help Ash out in the end. Team Rocket was funny with the RoboMechaWobbuffet, using electricity to have it powered. One scene I found extremely hilarious is when Meowth uses Scratch against Wobbuffet, which Wobbuffet responds with a Counter attack, sending Scratch back on poor Meowth's face.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Good episode. Nice to see Gary's Eevee evolve into Umbreon. I wish it used at least one Dark-type move against Alakazam, though. Using Flash to light the dark room was a smart idea. 9/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wish it used at least one Dark-type move against Alakazam, though.

It's even more pitiful when you realize that as of its last appearance in Shinou, Shigeru's Blacky still hadn't used any Dark-type attacks in spite of the fact that Blacky's a Dark Pokemon. It undoubtedly should've used Feint Attack or even something simple like Bite here during its debut.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Sometimes it seems like TR gets a little smarter. Wobbuffet robot was pretty good. I really liked Gary in this episode. It's nice to hear him tell Ash that the next time they meet, he might challenge him for a change.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In retrospect, this episode should've explained friendship evolution in detail instead of glossing it over when it came to the origin of Shigeru's Blacky. And speaking of which, I would've preferred if his Eievui had evolved into Eefi, instead of Blacky.

Daizy

I call you honey
Wow Team Rocket's Wobbuffet mecha could counter almost anything. It was nice to see them not just as a small plot or filler. It made them seem like real threats for once instead of just comedy relief.

I didn't think that Umbreon was a good Pokemon for Gary since Umbreon seems too mysterious for someone like him, although I guess it made more sense than him getting an Espeon. I thought that the episode helped soften Gary's image since he had been so arrogant and full of hot air back in the Indigo saga and now here he was acting mature unlike Ash who still hadn't grown much.

I really liked how Gary's Eevee was now an Umbreon and how strong it was now. I thought that this episode had a good story to tell with the whole power plant scenes and I liked Team Rocket's part as well. Mostly I was just disappointed that Ash and Gary didn't really get a chance to talk about their journeys since the main part of this episode focused on showing off Umbreon and Team Rocket's new Wobbuffet machine. I wish Umbreon had used Dark moves. 7/10

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
This probably has to be one of my favorite filler episodes of the Johto series. There was so much that I liked in this episode. There was the debut of Umbreon (My favorite part was when Umbreon used flash to light up the room) and of course the TR trio's giant wobuffet robot which was probably one of the more extremely effective inventions they've ever came up with. Of course, I couldn't forget about Gary. He still had his arrogant attitude but his actions in the episode with helping Ash and co. get the power back on, shows that he really isn't all that bad.

Jnmisty

It is one of my favorite episodes. I liked how Gary actually helped Ash and the others for a change. However, for an alternate plot in the episode would be Gary seeing Ash how handle things against Team Rocket and the point where Ash was almost down for the count.

Love the hockey reference

I wish Ash caught an Eevee and challenged Gary's Umbreon. During the battle Eevee would evolve into an Espeon but lose since Psychic type attacks are unable to hit Dark types. In the league Espeon beats Umbreon. I like the ending which shows how much both Ash and Gary have matured over their journeys.