• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Power Rangers: Jungle Fury (SLIGHT SPOILERS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic of the cast:

prjfcast.jpg

From Rangerboard:
Disney press relations said:
The international phenomenon of the "Power Rangers," which shows the power of team work and that good triumphs over evil, is in its 16th incarnation - "Power Rangers Jungle Fury." Set on present-day Earth, three teenagers skilled in Kung Fu martial arts are given the gift to morph into Power Rangers and must join forces to battle an ominous, evil spirit, Dai Shi, that recently escaped from its ten thousand year old imprisonment. Together under the direction of their Kung Fu Master, RJ, the Power Rangers will fight to save the world from total destruction.

"Power Rangers Jungle Fury" airs as part of the Jetix programming block Mondays and Fridays (8:00 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. ET/PT) and weekends (8:30 a.m., ET/PT) on Toon Disney.

The story of "Power Rangers Jungle Fury" begins many centuries ago when an evil spirit, Dai Shi, roamed freely across the earth, causing destruction, famine and harm everywhere it went. Many tried to stop it, but it was too powerful to be destroyed. Fortunately, through valiant fighting, the Order of the Claw, a group of Kung Fu martial artists, part of the Pai Zhuq, were able to capture the evil spirit and have since been able to keep him locked away. The secret of their prisoner and their duty to keep him under control was passed along from generation to generation of Pai Zhuq members. The school always had three master warriors, aware of their mission, always at the ready in case the Dai Shi escaped. For years though, their talents have not been needed.

Now, years later, Dai Shi has escaped and three new warriors have been selected by the Pai Zhuq to find and destroy the evil Dai Shi. The three teen warriors must go to where evil once made its home, a land once uninhabited, now known as Ocean Bluff, California. In their new home, the teen warriors must assume normal lives working at a pizza parlor under the guidance of their boss and new Kung Fu Master, RJ, who gives them the power to morph into the secretive Power Rangers.

The morphers transform Casey into the Red Ranger, who has the animal spirit of a Tiger – a bit of a rebel who likes to do things his own way. Theo becomes the Blue Ranger, who has the animal spirit of a Jaguar - smart, sleek and a good fighter and Lily changes into the Yellow Ranger, who has the animal spirit of a Cheetah –with lightning fast moves and a cool demeanor.

Later in the season, RJ taps into his wolf spirit to become the Wolf Ranger and his old pal Dominic who befriends the Power Rangers, unleashes his animal spirit to become the Rhino Ranger. Together, they team up with the Power Rangers to fight against the Dai Shi and his army of animal spirits before they obliterate the human world.

"Power Rangers Jungle Fury" stars Jason Smith as Casey, the Red Ranger, Aljin Abella as Theo, the Blue Ranger, Anna Hutchison as Lily, the Yellow Ranger, David de Lautour as RJ/Wolf Ranger, and Nikolai Nikolaeff as Dominic Hargan/Rhino Ranger.

Bruce Kalish ("The Famous Jett Jackson") and Koichi Sakamoto serve as executive producers. Sally Campbell is the producer. "Power Rangers Jungle Fury" is produced by Ranger Productions Ltd. and films on location in Auckland, New Zealand.
Source: http://www.rangerboard.com/showthread.php?t=114049

Now normally I try to stay away from Power Rangers these days due to how terrible it is, but maybe this is just me but it really sounds like Jungle Fury might be good. I've seen all of the promos and I've been seriously been liking what I've been seeing, especially with Dai Shi and the red ranger. I REALLY loved Gekiranger and its now one of my favorite sentai and really hope the American adaptation can live up to that level of greatness, and if the rumors of PR becoming animated soon are true I think it would be fitting for the live-action series to go out in a bang.

Also yellow's face looks hilarious in that pic.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I won't be watching it, based on the grounds that I know it won't be able to top its source material.

Also, I saw a toy commercial the other day for this. Where the hell did they get that green ranger design from?

Only a few top the source material and personally I thought the new toy rangers looked okay sans the Shark one. I'm really hoping Jungle Fury might be at least good, though. The last Disney Power Ranger series that I thought was mildly good was Dino Thunder and it even had loads of faults and that un-awesome type of cheesiness that Disney Power Rangers usually have, although it did get points for Tommy Oliver and I did like Trent's character, and quite frankly it's about time to revitalize the series.

Either that or just kill it off, either one will be fine.

You mean you didn't like SPD?

But really, I say it's about time that they just give us the original product. If not on television, at least through DVDs.

phantom1113

Not a random nub
Why would you think that?

I live in holland
with shows like this including pokemon they air one new episode then start over the whole season...

and therefor it gets less ratings and therefor they get canceld
because of that shows with such a big story line have no chancee

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I live in holland
with shows like this including pokemon they air one new episode then start over the whole season...

and therefor it gets less ratings and therefor they get canceld
because of that shows with such a big story line have no chancee
Well no. Aww seems like you didn't get to see the red ranger special it was pretty good. But yeah it's had about 15 seasons and this 16th seems to be the last live action one.
Anyways Jungle fury looks okay so far. I didn't even watch Overdrive or Mystic Force. I might give this one a whirl just to see. SPD was the last one I liked.

phantom1113

Not a random nub
Well no. Aww seems like you didn't get to see the red ranger special it was pretty good. But yeah it's had about 15 seasons and this 16th seems to be the last live action one.
Anyways Jungle fury looks okay so far. I didn't even watch Overdrive or Mystic Force. I might give this one a whirl just to see. SPD was the last one I liked.

just rememberd we got 2/3 more seasons but then it got to boring
its like the same every season

thats why it isnt populer as much as before IMO
then the first 1/2 season are great
3 is sill nice
4 is starting to get lame

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I haven't watched it in years, but I really hope they end some of the dramatic facial expressions, or random things like when they zoom in on a Ranger's face when they yell and when the Rangers nod whenever they talk.

phantom1113

Not a random nub
The same can be said of any television program.

So in short, everything sucks. Yay!

no not if no episode is the same

but with this its just uber bad guy sends smaller bad guy they defeat it it turns big they use big toy robot made out of tin cans found at the junkyard

but with this its just uber bad guy sends smaller bad guy they defeat it it turns big they use big toy robot made out of tin cans found at the junkyard

The same can be said of most TV shows. They have a definite beginning, middle and end. The problem is introduced in the beginning, it is dealt with in the middle, and we have the end of the problem in the end. Which is basically what you just wrote out.

I haven't watched it in years, but I really hope they end some of the dramatic facial expressions, or random things like when they zoom in on a Ranger's face when they yell and when the Rangers nod whenever they talk.

That doesn't just happen in the American version.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming

Last time I checked, the plot was:

Uber (not really) Foe is angry, sends evil son to do evil bidding.
Evil son sends some kind of mutated general-thing to do his bidding.
Mutated general-thing sends out its troops and goes to Earth.
Rangers win.
More evil generals.
Rangers win.
Evil son goes.
Rangers win.
Evil son converts to the good side.
Rangers and now-good son take out uber foe.

I hope the plot differs, as it gets monotonous from season to season.

That doesn't just happen in the American version.
If I remember correctly, at least the earlier episodes have that.

phantom1113

Not a random nub
The same can be said of most TV shows. They have a definite beginning, middle and end. The problem is introduced in the beginning, it is dealt with in the middle, and we have the end of the problem in the end. Which is basically what you just wrote out.
Yea we need more unpredictable stuff
maybe some power rangers should be evil...

edit: i say the asian in the pucture he kinda scares me

Last edited:

Green Ranger was evil for a short while, Magna Defender was sort of an anti-hero, I believe the Thunder Rangers were evil for a while, White Dino Ranger was kinda like the Green Ranger, and then there was the treacherous A-Squad.

Enough evil for you?

phantom1113

Not a random nub
Green Ranger was evil for a short while, Magna Defender was sort of an anti-hero, I believe the Thunder Rangers were evil for a while, White Dino Ranger was kinda like the Green Ranger, and then there was the treacherous A-Squad.

Enough evil for you?

SHORT while not for the whole season

a-squad??
that thing that aked money??
or was just wikipedia i was just looking up to refresh

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming

edit: i say the asian in the pucture he kinda scares me

The "asian" as you refer to him as is probably going to be the stereotypical computer nerd, or someone else is. That's what they always do, which gets on my nerves, as they exploit the stereotype too much.

A Ranger death on the show would be interesting. There needs to be a bit more characteristics of a drama to get it to be good. Not in terms of romance, but more like the aggressive Ranger is like the outcast, and defects to be neutral. The Ranger comes to save them in the end, and is killed.

Too mature for kids (most likely), but it would bring some better audiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.