• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Power Rangers

SmartD

Here we talk about Power Rangers from different seasons. Is anyone looking foward to the newest Power Rangers series Megaforce? That series will be adapted from the sentai show Goseiger. I'm also hoping they adapt Gokaiger into Power Rangers, I like to see the Ranger Key thing in Power Rangers.

gpdlt

Pokemon Trainer
I've been out of the Power Rangers loop for a while. RPM was fantastic. Samurai was ear cringing.

matt0044

RPM was fantastic. Samurai was ear cringing.

Yeah, RPM was great while Samurai... has its moment for me but lacked a lot compare to its predecessor. Though I hope Megaforce steps it up...

D

Deleted member 318910

I kind of hope they just end the series with mega force since the series has been milked to hell by Disney. Maybe the ending scene should be all the power rangers ever sitting around a table and the last line should be the first black ranger saying "Well, that was interesting".

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Here we talk about Power Rangers from different seasons. Is anyone looking foward to the newest Power Rangers series Megaforce? That series will be adapted from the sentai show Goseiger. I'm also hoping they adapt Gokaiger into Power Rangers, I like to see the Ranger Key thing in Power Rangers.
[video=youtube;ztcetHPivmw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztcetHPivmw[/video]
I have good news for you.

HoennMaster

Makes me wonder how they are going to deal with the season after Megaforce which is where all the returning Rangers/Sentai are suppose to be.

SmartD

I've decided to allow discussion about Super Sentai here. Here's the next Sentai after Go-Busters:

http://henshinjustice.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Untitled1.png

The title of the next Sentai show is Juden Sentai Kyoryuger. It's the third Sentai to use dinosaurs since Zyuranger and Abaranger. It will also be the second Sentai not to have a Yellow ranger since Changeman. It looks neat so far.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I kind of hope they just end the series with mega force since the series has been milked to hell by Disney.

well, at least RPM, arguably one of the best PR season, is made by Disney.

Starting from Samurai it's back to Saban, hence the reuse of the original theme song.

Unfortunately they're still as uncreative as back then, seriously, "Megaforce"?
And they can't even make an original story - Samurai's story is entirely copied from Shinkenger, down to the dialogues.

matt0044

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
http://orendsrange.blogspot.com/2012/12/power-rangers-megaforce-2nd-season-to.html#more

The second season of Megaforce will keep the Goseiger suits. I was hoping they would use the Gokaiger suits, but oh well.

lol

Ever since people begins mentioning about how Samurai sucks, and then the name "Megaforce" is revealed, I already thought Saban no longer has the power (lol, pun intended) to make a good PR show.

They just keep removing the good things, first Samurai has no original story, next the incredibly lame "Megaforce" and "Super Megaforce" name, and now they're combining Goseiger with Gokaiger....by removing the Gokaiger.

I'm guessing everyone who at first were very happy when Saban got PR back are raging so hard now, because now it turns out Disney actually handles PR in a much better way.

The Gokaiger elements will be likely used to segue into the next season. Maybe it'll end with a scene of the Space Pirate Rangers on their way to Earth.

Assuming what you meant with "the next season" is whatever after Super Megaforce......
Well, the thing is, apparently the Legend War is going to be shown at the end of Megaforce, not at the end of Super Megaforce.

As it stands right now, it seems like they're reusing their old PR route, using old costume for what is supposed to be a new season. Remember White Tiger Ranger? He's from Dairanger, not from Zyuranger. Yet in PR he is paired with the MMPR anyway. Looks like Gokai Silver will follow the same path, being paired with Goseiger instead of his correct team.

I'm glad I watch Super Sentai instead.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
The reason Samurai was so bad is because the series had 0 writers. I'm serious all they did was hire translators for Shinkenger and write episodes out of that by copy pasting. The reason Saban was able to make good season in the past was hiring writers to put a new spin on the sentai they borrow ideas from even if the plots show up similarly. However things are changing:
1355448880425.jpg

Last edited:

matt0044

^Let's hope so. Samurai wasn't awful to me but there was a lot of crappy moments.

On the plus side of Super Megaforce, Gokaiger wouldn't have been done true justice in PR anyways. Eh, I'll see how it plays out.

Last edited:

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I saw the preview for Megaforce that's been on the web for awhile now. I don't know what excites me more - the fact that the Mega Battle is happening, or the fact that Cat Ranger is involved. LOL

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
.....and IMO, the most hilarious part is, the Cat Ranger is a Swan Ranger in Japan.

matt0044

Even though they never ever would make it, how do you think an PR adaptation of Akibaranger would go? They'd clearly go with the parody angle but what else?

Than again, I am still on Episode 1.

And based on a toy review of the Gosei Morpher, turns out Saban's taking a page from Decade and using cards rather than keys.

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
And based on a toy review of the Gosei Morpher, turns out Saban's taking a page from Decade and using cards rather than keys.

....if I recall correctly, Tensouder is capable of scanning all Dice-O cards, which includes the cards of past Sentai members.

Still, we know they're "skipping" Gokaiger anyway, so might as well not think much about it.