• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Power Rangers

rocky505

This has nothing to do with the show but, my amazing mother found an almost complete MMPR Dragonzord at our nearby Thrift Store and she got it and an original Tyrannosaurus for $1.57 each. I'm only missing the very tip of the tail and the Chest Plate of the Dragonzord.

matt0044

I haven't seen the new Power Rangers stuff though, is it any good?

RPM was great. Samurai sucked. Megaforce has so far been slightly better than Samurai but it's only 1/4 over yet. Everyone's upset 'cos Super Megaforce won't be Gokaiger.

And now you're caught up.

Rowdy

This has nothing to do with the show but, my amazing mother found an almost complete MMPR Dragonzord at our nearby Thrift Store and she got it and an original Tyrannosaurus for $1.57 each. I'm only missing the very tip of the tail and the Chest Plate of the Dragonzord.

I'm actually still in possession of a good chunk of the old Power Ranger toys, from Mighty Morphin to In Space (though just the Astral and Delta Megazords from IS).

They're not fully intact as the Triceritops is missing its horns and such as I had all the removable parts and weapons stored inside Torr who (along with Titanis, Pyrimidas, and Serpentara) where thrown out without my knowing. I even still have the Dragon Dagger, White Tiger Saber, and Gold Ranger Staff weapons.

The first season was awesome, but for those who didn't see it when they First came out.
Don't watch them if they have been redone. They added cheesee effects to them from comic books
And made them just hard to watch

rocky505

The first season was awesome, but for those who didn't see it when they First came out.
Don't watch them if they have been redone. They added cheesee effects to them from comic books
And made them just hard to watch

Disney did that and Saban got rid of it and released the original footage on Netflix and on DVD.

Edit: They just had to make this a SDCC exclusive didn't they?
1002733_10151528288379021_469727915_n.jpg

Last edited:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
The first blow was that it's exclusive. The second blow is that it's real gold. The final blow was that I must have it even at 300+ considering it's a limited to a 1000 thing. I already have 2 legacy morphers and Figuarts Dragon Ranger I must continue.

rocky505

Funny thing is. Ryuuranger from Gosei Sentai Dairanger was left again in a trailer for a PR season. Why would they leave him in again when we know they have Original Footage to use?

matt0044

Funny thing is. Ryuuranger from Gosei Sentai Dairanger was left again in a trailer for a PR season. Why would they leave him in again when we know they have Original Footage to use?

Video. NOW!

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I've finally given up on MMPR, a few episodes into season 3. I just felt things were getting a bit silly, and I wasn't as fond of the CGI zords, plus Ninjor's voice was just a bit silly. I think the beginning of the end was when Jason, Zack and Trinni left. The whole transitional phase left a bit of a bad taste.

The Power Transfer episodes could have been amongst the best, the first time we see Serpentera, and the footage for that quite frankly epic, not a word I use lightly. But then it's clear that the the 3 who are leaving have already left (and I think the episode before too), there's shoddy voice overs, recycled footage, a group who have always been a 5 (later 6) suddenly split into two groups and do stuff as a 3. It's obvious that they aren't there.

I also thought Tor was a bit naff, Titanus was pretty badass, storming through the dry ice, and the becoming this formidable fighting machine. Tor was just a fat turtle who basically stopped zords being crushed/crushing other Zords. Same with the White Tiger Zord, whilst not as bad as Tor, I felt it was a bit lame compared to the Dragon Zord, though I guess it's hard for any Zord to Top the Dragon zord so I might let it off a little. It's not like I'm opposed to the Thunderzord era though, on the contrary, one of my favourite episodes was The Mutiny trio of episodes. (I actually remembered nearly every word and shot from my childhood, as I saw it and taped it at the time and used to watch it over and over.) and when the zords dance across the sky when they stand outside the command centre was a great moment.

But somewhere along the line, I felt they ran out of genuinely interesting stories and plot arcs. There was a few decent episodes with Rocky, Adam and Aisha, but I just felt there was a lot more filler. So I decided a few episodes into season 3 that I'd had enough. And Moved onto VR Troopers. Though that and MMPR made me sad that we didn't have TV shows as awesome as the the Japanese stock footage in these programs.

I also watched the Movie the other day, which just bugged me on a lot of levels. Nostalgically it was brilliant, I watched so much as a kid. But there were just so many unexplained things. Like where the pig baddy came from, or the new weapons like the power whip, or the utility features on the helmets like torches and scanners. The command centre didn't look like the command centre, Zordon looked more old man than interdimensional being, and Alpha and the Rangers new looks just seemed a bit disproportional to me. Viewing with my nostaligic eyes, I still enjoyed it, but as someone who had just basically watched up to that point in the series (the shift from thunder to ninja zords, I think the film is an alternate explanation if I remember right), I was a little disappointed.

rocky505

The reason that stuff was in the movie and not the show was because of copyright issues. That is why all the random stuff was in the movie.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
Copyright issues? In what way? The only copyright issues would perhaps come from the stuff based on super sentai I'd imagine, but given Zedd, Rita and Goldar are present, I can't see whoever is behind SS deciding to prohibit the use of Squatt and Baboo. More so when you look into it and find out Super Sentai was owned by Toei Company, who also had involvement in the film, it'd make little sense to pull them up for copyright. Copyright issues would explain missing things, not added things.
Zordon, Alpha 5 and the Command centre were all Saban, so there's no way there'd be copyright issues against themselves. At best you could have David Fielding not allowing his face to be used, (though given he still allowed it to be used from season two onwards despite him not voicing it, it would make little sense for him not to allow them to use it in the film). All I can think is, that most of Zordon talking is recycled footage in the show, but they couldn't rely on that for this for the film (what with the mysterious new set), so needed a face that matched what was being said, requiring a new actor. But it still doesn't explain why the command centre interior was changed, or the design of Alpha 5.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I wonder if we'll going to get any explanation regarding Pre-Zyu teams on the cards :p

matt0044

In Akibaranger Season 2 recap, Kozkoz was dressed as Hikaru/Gingayellow. But he was man... in Japan.

And... was that Yellow Four/Mika Koizumi? Could that've been the actual actress?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Well I just finished watching Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger Season 2, man I so am going to miss Luna/AkibaBlue. ;_;

Oh well here's hoping it get a third season as I really did enjoy watching the show.

matt0044

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I'm gonna die if this ever even happens. Of laughter. Akibaranger is actually that one show you can say is too adult to adapt for kids. It's aimed at the older fans. The fights will be butchered beyond recognition.

matt0044

I'm gonna die if this ever even happens. Of laughter. Akibaranger is actually that one show you can say is too adult to adapt for kids. It's aimed at the older fans. The fights will be butchered beyond recognition.

Yeah, I guess it would be a real hoot.