• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Powers Discussion Thread

PeeGee

ROAWR!
Approved by Kamotz

All over the world there are those who have been born with powers. At first it was a complete mystery when they came from, some suspected radiation, some suspected genetic mutation, some even suspected mystic artifacts and technology, some did not even care where they came from. The powers ranged from super strength to super senses. Some people have no problem using their powers to help other, being superheroes, and some wish to just live ordinary lives.

However, that all changed ten years ago. Someone or something started hunting down superheroes. More and more superheroes began to drop off, one day they would be fine and dandy, the next they would be found dead. Even worse not only were they murdered, after their deaths there were many large scale attacks that used the exact powers of those who had died. This was the last straw for the superheroes. Embarking on an almost vigilantist hunt, the superheroes searched for clues that eventually led them to the leader of the hunters, who ever so originally called themselves the Hunters Brigage, and after a grueling battle the superheroes were victorious. It was thought that after that it was safe for the superheroes, alien invasions and over powered villain notwithstanding.

And this was true, for about ten years. Then the unthinkable happened. One of the greatest superheroes known to mankind, Alpha, was found one morning, his chest completely hollowed out. A week later, a city in America was blown up, completely razed to the ground. It took everyone no time to realise that this was Alpha's power. And that with his demise it only meant one thing, the Hunter’s Brigade was back. The heroes were not going to take any chances. In an unanimous decision it became top priority that they would track down the Hunter’s Brigade before they could do anymore harm. A message was sent out, to bring a group together to find the Hunter’s Brigade.

This is where you come in. You are a superhero who has received the following message:

Attention all heroes.
As you may be aware recently Alpha was found dead and a week after his unfortunate demise a city was razed to the ground by his power. It is believed that the Hunter’s Brigade is back and this time no chances are being taken. We are sending out this message to all those who wish to help us find and stop the Brigade before they can do anymore harm.

Upon receiving the message you immediately find your way to a small island in the middle of the ocean that houses the Heroes Hall. There you will be debriefed on what it is you need to do.

Players:

- Food Guy - Tina Johnson/Graviton/Gravity Manipulation.
- Charizardfan900 - Zachary 'Zac' Stevenson/Mind-Striker/Mental Abilities.
- Grassmaster411 - Conner Temple/The Fossil/Ancient Transformations.
- AudinoGlitch - Sam Wender/Furball/Mammal Transformations
- ByteBug - Flint Harkwood/Slider/Dimensional Shifts
- MugoUrth - Cthul Lon Ral Kodrra/Doug/Light Manipulation
- DVB - Diego Vendrix/Tezcatlipoca/Glass Manipulation

This thread is to discuss the RPG! Yay! If there are any concerns, problems or just plain questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited:

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I'm not used to posting in the RPG cafe, actually. Sorry for the posts in the other thread.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
I was thinking, maybe Sam should have a higher metabolism because he's always turning into other animals and his running gag could be being hungry.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
For some reason, I think Cthul Lon's drawing too much attention. When does the fight against the Hunters Brigade start?

ByteBug

MugoUrth said:
For some reason, I think Cthul Lon's drawing too much attention. When does the fight against the Hunters Brigade start?

Well, considering he's an alien, it's natural to draw quite a bit of attention. But I know what your saying about the getting the plot moving too.

ByteBug

Just noticed that the first post has my username the wrong way round.

Last edited:

Charizardfan900

Charizard King!
When is anyoen avaiable to post? I'm kinda waiting. I'm often online of weekday afternoons except mondays. Sometimes weekends

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I would, but Cthul Lon just wouldn't add anything to the current situation, as he still is struggling to learn English. I can however suggest to go to New York first, since Cthul Lon is currently trying to learn English, and another language would just confuse the poor guy.

treespyro

Vintage much?
I should actually change some elements of my character. I think the brown hair should be a wig otherwise her identity is pretty obvious. So I guess I have to change her to a blonde and plus if Michelle is rich, she could be very resourceful later on. Just saying.

AudinoGlitch

Weird Person
Well, I can say that the gender change reactions just go to show that I need to work at putting myself in people's shoes. Honestly I didn't expect hurling and high level reactions. I expected some WTF reactions yes, but nothing too severe.

Then again I do have Asperger's Syndrome so if someone changed genders in front of me I'd just think someone spiked my milk and continue doing what I was doing. Yes, I still drink milk.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Well, I can say that the gender change reactions just go to show that I need to work at putting myself in people's shoes. Honestly I didn't expect hurling and high level reactions. I expected some WTF reactions yes, but nothing too severe.

Then again I do have Asperger's Syndrome so if someone changed genders in front of me I'd just think someone spiked my milk and continue doing what I was doing. Yes, I still drink milk.

Maybe THAT'S why I thought nothing of it. I have Aspergers, too. Must be common.

In all seriousness, though. If I were Cthul Lon, I'd already be to preoccupied with finding my friends and returning home to care about someone changing genders.

treespyro

Vintage much?
You have to also consider my character. She more a civilian, she doesn't really have powers. So for her to see an alien and a person changing gender. Well you can tell, it is not going to go well with her.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I'd post soon, but I'm kind of waiting for Audino.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
The sooner to the action, the sooner the fun begins. Yee haw!

treespyro

Vintage much?
Yeah we are going to push towards?