• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Prankster Pokemon

Novan_Hero

omnomnomnom
So what do you guys think are some Effective Prankster sets? I have 4 (variance of 1) here, feel free to add your own and critique mine (or others if they allow it)

313.gif

Volbeat@Leftovers
EVs:252 HP/128 Def/128SDef
-Encore
-Substitute
-Tail Glow
-Baton Pass
Epic Passer with +3 After 1 Tailglow and than Priority Baton Pass, it's a Special Sweepers best friend

302.gif

Sableye@Rocky Helmet/Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sdef/4Spe
-Will-o-Wisp
-Recover
-Toxic
-Taunt
Rocky Helmet + WoW for some nice Passive Damage and crippling Physical Sweepers, Toxic for Special Sweepers, Taunt to stop Setting up and Recover for longetivity.

198.gif

Murkrow@Eviolite
EVs:252 HP/4 Def/252SDef
-Feather Dance
-Roost
-Toxic/Perish Song
-Taunt/Mean Look
For the first set, epic stalling for anything not Poison/Steel and just passive killing for everything else. The Second set is for Cheap and Troll Killing.

yeah these are my sets, I've also heard of a Priority Phaze Copycat/Riolu (that must be damn hard to bait in Singles) so yeah.

Nebbio

NINJA!
You could do with a few damaging moves in there. If your tactics fail then you are pretty much finished. You could annoy the crap out of people but it will eventually fall. But hey I am not amazing a recommending things for sets.

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
Here's a good Prankster set from a Prankster pokemon.

Thundurus(M)@Leftovers/Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 6 HP/252 Sp.Attack/252 Speed
-Substitute
-Nasty Plot
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice

Thanks to Prankster, Substitute and Nasty Plot Get +1 Priority. Sub down, get up a Nasty Plot and you'll be nearly unstoppable. Thunderbolt gets STAB and HP Ice is there to get Perfect Coverage. Use a Life orb if you want to do more damage or Leftover for recovery.

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
thundurus and tornadus are really good prankster abusers. Thundurus can use it to twave the crap out of the opposing team slowing it down nicely. Tornadus instead speeds up your own team with priority tailwind to do something before he dies. I don't feel like posting the sets sorry!

Novan_Hero

omnomnomnom
@Kaiser:There's something Called PO
@Everyone else: DANG! I forgot about The gen 5 Abusers >.> XD
@Nebbio: The point of Prankster is to give Status/Non-Directly-Damaging moves a +1 Priority if they don't already have Priority (EG Protect) putting a Attacking move on (some) Prankster Pokemon makes the Ability Redundant

TimmahX

302.gif

Sableye@Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sdef/4Spe
-Will-o-Wisp
-Night Shade
-Trick
-Taunt

198.gif

Murkrow@Focus Sash
EVs:252 Atk/4 HP/252Spd
-Brave Bird / Night Shade
-Thunder Wave
-Taunt
-Whirlwind / Psycho Shift / Featherdance

The main reason to use Sableye or Murkrow over Whimsicott is to give them utilities that it doesn't have, as well as a free move spot that doesn't make them Taunt bait. A lot of pokemon can carry taunt, and some can easily take a surprise shot at you with it if you mispredict, so it isn't wise to have 100% non-offensive move sets.

For Sableye, Night Shade is a reliable attack since it lacks high power, and it's Defensive stats won't save it from most attacks. You're better off carrying a Focus Sash for when a Special Sweeper pops up, overpowers it, and at least buys you time for a second move a or a switch before it's wasted. 50 Base HP 65 Base SpDef doesn't make for a good wall, so Recover is also out of the question. Pop Night Shade into Recover's old slot. After a Focus Sash has been used on a Physical sweeper dropping a Will-O-Wisp, you can cringe it further by swapping their Life Orb or Choice Item with Trick, which is a great option. Sableye's main edge or Whimsicott is Will-O-Wisp though.

For Murkrow, 85 Attack and 91 Speed isn't completely awful, but dumping EVs into un-salvageable frailties isn't a good idea. A Stealth Rock weakness coupled with a 302 cap on one Defense isn't enough to stop a lot of hard hitters in higher tiers. Especially since so many things can exploit Murkrow's weaknesses. Lets just focus on it's strengths though. Brave Bird stops it from being Taunt bait, is a fair last ditch attack, and catches super effectives on some Grass and Fighting types (Stops Breloom cold). Again, focusing on what Whimsicott can't do, Thunder Wave is a superior Stun Spore.

The last shot on Murkrow has options. Whirlwind is unfortunately a -5 Priority, even with Prankster. Skarmory would do a lot better at the whole Spike and Shuffle deal. Psycho Shift could be used with Flame Orb (And swap Brave Bird for Night Shade (And adjust EVs accordingly)). Featherdance is a nice thought, giving Physical sweepers to scram. Murkrow's movepool isn't that impressive though.

Just a few suggestions, to avoid being Taunt bait. Hope this helps a little bit. :)

Abstinence Pistols

-Substitute
-Nasty Plot
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice

Thanks to Prankster, Substitute and Nasty Plot Get +1 Priority. Sub down, get up a Nasty Plot and you'll be nearly unstoppable. Thunderbolt gets STAB and HP Ice is there to get Perfect Coverage. Use a Life orb if you want to do more damage or Leftover for recovery.

You could also use this set replacing Substitute with Taunt or Thunder Wave.

Psycho Cut

Whimsicott still remains the best prankster (ab)user for me. I love that thing :D

flygon123pwn

Outragin'
Whimsicott is pretty good with its leeching capabilities and +3 defence though i like the volbeat combo

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
I made a team based around that Volbeat moveset, and it dominates RU.

I don't really think that Murkrow has much value, and in my PO experience, Sableye has only been a minor annoyance. So has Whimsicott, which is used often by noobs trying SubSeed. Thundurus is a problem, and, as of yet, I have never seen a Tornadus used that way (although it sounds like a nice strategy).

It's not like I don't see the value in Whimsicott; I just don't see it used effectively too often.

acetrainerdov

ToTW Br0's
i use whimsicott and thunderus tbh

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny

-Substitute
-Nasty Plot
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice

I USE THIS ON MY RAIN TEAM!!! (But with thunder of course)