• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pre-Best Wishes Anime Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

loonatic

Smart and sneaky
But it would seem pointless to introduce the 2 in the Anime if Ash won't get to battle them(Yea they could be there to be the people who run the gym when Dento joins ash) but it would be weird since they are trainers and won't even be battled? And it would be a good way to introduce the Monkey Trio too... all in the same episode/same arc.

Podda and Koon and their respective monkeys can still be showcased in a three-episode arc without Ash having to battle them. Boappa and Hiyappu can be used in battles against other trainers and Ash witnesses them or some other scenarios.

Either way, Dento's brothers/co-gym leaders will be featured before he decides to leave Sanyou to travel Isshu, much like Misty's sisters were seen when Misty left them in charge of Cerulean gym.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
The gym leaders got good appearance time in their arcs. Both of Dento's brothers would appear before Ash battles them, and they should have an arc to themselves, which should be enough promotion for them as well as the monkeys.

slowkingsley

The 5th episode of BW on the 14th of October is apparently tentatively called "Baoppu, Hiyappu, Yanappu", which may not be the full episode title. This is not confirmed, but the TV guides usually come out around this time each month. Also it seems as if Pokemon Sunday is being replaced by a new program called Pokemon Smash on the 3rd of October.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
So it's probably the gym battle. I wonder if it will be two parts, but we'll wait to the official titles.

Brave Birdy

Pokemon Smash on the 3rd of October.

I find this disappointing. Mehh not really, I guess it just find it...odd?

I think the monkey trio episode will be Ash's first gym battle, and if that's the case, then this series really will be much faster paced than Sinnoh, which leads me to believe there will be a filler saga after....nevermind, I'm thinking too far ahead.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Pokemon Smash? Replacing as in... replacing? Permanently? After Pokemon Sunday has been on for how long?

Sounds like an Introduction episode, but not a Gym one.

slowkingsley

Pokemon Smash? Replacing as in... replacing? Permanently? After Pokemon Sunday has been on for how long?

Apparently Shoko Nakagawa's still on the show, so it sounds more like a rebranding of the same show.

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

Pokemon Smash? Is that supposed to be a special or a complete poke version of Super Smash Brothers?

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
Maybe Dento will join up with Ash (for Ash's strong bond with Pikachu/To get stronger?) then decide that he likes musicals...and ultimately decides to pursue his strengths that way? (kinda like May)

I'd rather Dento to have a serious role [maybe musicals]. It would be quite wrong to let him leave after a short time.

I don't know what's worse, having a bunch of older characters waiting for their appearance or seeing the same ones with a new goal.

Hopefully, no ones gonna get a secondary role. They haven't been doing so well with it lately.

lutzu

I realy hope that Dento has Pokabu,i don't want Ash to have 2 or 3 starters,just with Miju in this saga is perfect in my opinion for him and i want "Dento Arc" to have 3 episodes(the gym battle,his story and something else)

gliscor&yanmega

I realy hope that Dento has Pokabu,i don't want Ash to have 2 or 3 starters,just with Miju in this saga is perfect in my opinion for him and i want "Dento Arc" to have 3 episodes(the gym battle,his story and something else)

Three episodes seems a bit much. I think two is fine. The first one can introduce him and the other two(Are they his brothers or friends has it been stated yet?), as well as the Monkeys. Then Dento and Ash start their battle with Dento using another Grass Pokemon and Ash using Pikachu(Unless he has Mamepato at that time which then I would say he uses it instead).

Then the next episode is the Gym battle. Ash uses Pikachu/Mamepato and Mijumaru, while Dento uses Grass Pokemon and Yanappu. Ash wins. Dento joins Ash and they set off to the next Gym. Maybe Dento will say something about Musicals and wanting to do them, or that could be later on.

gliscor&yanmega

Well Dento could get another Grass type instead of Tsutaja, there are plenty. Although I only want Ash with Mijumaru.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
She's probably a Dragon-type gym leader. So Ash will travel with two gym leaders? Amazing.

RickHoenn

Banned
Iris a gym leader? dragon gym leader? this made my day.

I'm even more excited for BW!!!

ForeverFlame

What the hell, Iris is the final gym leader? That's even more shocking than Misty being the second gym leader. I kind of wish I hadn't of followed Black and White so I could have been surprised.

Poor Ash, though. Throughout his journey he'll support Iris, and help her build up her team... that she will use against him. I don't really understand how Iris could keep such a secret for so long, but apparently this season is going to be faster paced...

Status
Not open for further replies.