• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pre-Best Wishes Anime Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teshub

Banned
Misty wasn't the Cerulean Gym's official Gym Leader though, and if you recall, Brock knew her three sisters were the Gym Leaders but he refused to tell Ash about them in that gym battle episode. I think Giovanni might have been the only exception since he was all mysterious about things lol.

And I don't like Iris to be honest, I'm just glad she won't be as bland as I had originally thought she'd be :p

It could also mean it will take longer for Iris to become an interesting character. Once Ash is done with the last gym he heads directly to the League.

V Faction

www.faction.com
And I love how this fickle fandom now all of the sudden loves Iris, and can't wait for her debut in the anime now that she's revealed to be the 8th Gym Leader. About a month ago you were all whining about how she was unattractive, looked like a witch, was totally ugly in comparison to the other girls, made racist comments, and overall wasn't looking forward to the BW anime because someone as hideous as her was in it. Now BW can't come any sooner for you guys.
Iris still looks goofy and sounds like a chipmunk. I don't see your point. I certainly don't care for her anymore now that we officially know she's a Gym Leader.

What I care about more is her overcoming the weird hair and clothes they gave her with a personality that makes up for it. That's what a character is, after all -- a character. Not just a pretty picture to look at.

Sayho1234

Misty wasn't the Cerulean Gym's official Gym Leader though, and if you recall, Brock knew her three sisters were the Gym Leaders but he refused to tell Ash about them in that gym battle episode. I think Giovanni might have been the only exception since he was all mysterious about things lol.

Brock didn't know who ANY of the Cerulean Gym Leaders were, Misty OR her sisters. Remember Brock kept referring to the Cerulean Gym Leader as a he. Do you really think that Brock would've honestly left Ash to go off and do other things in that episode if he knew that the gym was ran by 3 beautiful girls?

ijea4444

I liked Iris (like Kotone) after a few days of her revalation. Just took me a few days to get used to their strangeness, after that I loved them both. So I don't think stereotyping the fandom as fickle is correct.

Stereotyping the fandumb as fickle would be correct though.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I liked Iris (like Kotone) after a few days of her revalation. Just took me a few days to get used to their strangeness, after that I loved them both. So I don't think stereotyping the fandom as fickle is correct.

Stereotyping the fandumb as fickle would be correct though.

Same here bud.

Meganium

Wonder if we'll see her Pokemon grow more over the time, like Kibago's evolution, or if she'll have her gym roster at the final battle. I'm sure they'll be some tension this time during the battle and at least an episode or two before their fateful encounter.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
[
QUOTE=V Faction;11618681]
Iris still looks goofy and sounds like a chipmunk. I don't see your point. I certainly don't care for her anymore now that we officially know she's a Gym Leader.
]What I care about more is her overcoming the weird hair and clothes they gave her with a personality that makes up for it. That's what a character is, after all -- a character. Not just a pretty picture to look at.

Just because she's a gymleader doesn't mean she can't be interesting and do something. Maybe some dragon hunting or something to improve her team for later on.
Have you forgot that most of the girls have strange hair styles? And to be perfectly clear, Misty wasn't all that cute when they first introducer her back in the day. So give to designers a break.

ijea4444

[

Just because she's a gymleader doesn't mean she can't be interesting and do something. Maybe some dragon hunting or something to improve her team for later on.
Have you forgot that most of the girls have strange hair styles? And to be perfectly clear, Misty wasn't all that cute when they first introducer her back in the day. So give to designers a break.

He wasn't hating on Iris, just point out being an 8th gym leader hasn't changed her appearance, which is what most people were complaining about.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Well, with the news that we're going to have dual 8th Gym Leaders, it appears that the role of caretaking the Gym while Iris isn't there will fall to Shaga. This solves the problem of Iris trying to be in 2 places at once.

loonatic

Smart and sneaky
Well, with the news that we're going to have dual 8th Gym Leaders, it appears that the role of caretaking the Gym while Iris isn't there will fall to Shaga. This solves the problem of Iris trying to be in 2 places at once.

I'm so smart. I knew the white-haired man would be the gym leader in Iris's stead.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I'm so smart. I knew the white-haired man would be the gym leader in Iris's stead.

Not so smart enough to post it here to prove that.Muwahahaha >:]

So when it comes to the throwdown in the 8th Gym, Ash might battle the old geezer..... >__> not that I don't like it.... its just strange. All these stupid game exclusive stuff... Black city, white forest. Iris is the gym leader in black, while the white old man is the gym leader in.... white. AHAHAHA Coincidence? It sure seems they are making alot of references to Black & white.... Dawn & Brock leaving to be replaced with 2 other people... with the girl being dark and the male traveling partner being of light skin. >____> I'll just stop here.... i know im taking it overboard....

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
We see now on TV Tokyo that
-the fire monkey will battle vs Pokabu. (Fire punch I think)
-And we see Ash in Pallet Town.
-Ash goes to the gym
-Mijumaru evolves
-Ash with Pro. Oak and Delia, and the meet Araragi
-Tabunne is the nurse with Joy
-Ash's Tsutarja(probably) will battle in the gym

Last edited:

Nacreous

Fire trainer
We see now on TV Tokyo that
-the fire monkey will battle vs Pokabu. (Fire punch I think)
-And we see Ash in Pallet Town.
-Ash goes to the gym
-Mijumaru evolves
-Ash with Pro. Oak and Delia, and the meet Araragi
-Tabunne is the nurse with Joy

What?How?When?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
We also see there Ash goes to the way while Araragi, Oak and Delia see him going. Then he jumps on a vine like Iris, that's interesting.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
From the BW Pre Special which is now airing on TV Tokyo.

Edit:- Also it is clear from the special that Ash tries to catch a Tsutarja in the wild. Though i am not sure if the Futachimaru which is shown in the preview would belong to Ash or not.
Could belong to Don George. That was the impression I got when I saw the beta art.

Status
Not open for further replies.