• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pre-Best Wishes Anime Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hope she's only been recently appointed as Gym Leader in the Best Wishes anime. That would explain why her only Dragon-type Pokemon, Kibago, is in it's basic form. Maybe that's why she's living in the wild? She ran away from her Gym Leader duties the minute she became one? Something like that would be cool. Better than giving her 3 very attractive, bullying sisters :3

loonatic

Smart and sneaky
If she was recently appointed to gym leader, she would more than likely have stronger Pokemon. True, Kibago could simply be her latest capture and she could have other more powerful and gym challenge-worthy Pokemon back in DragonGym Town/City.

In the anime, Iris is probably just related to whoever is the actual final gym leader. Maybe that old man she is seen standing next to in the stone temple in that screenshot from Black and White. Speculation, of course.

Swine Trio

Bacon Lover
Interesting.

There are too many ways this could play out. All of them legitimate, most of them good. I can't wait to see how it plays out.

The only problem I have is, wouldn't Dento know she is a gym leader? If she is already the gym leader, that is. It could be a interesting part, her clobbering Dento whenever he slips up, and threatening him.

But yeah, can't wait to see it happen.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I'm pretty excited to see how its going to be. Iris now will be treated better than before by the fans. If her Kibago will stay as it is until the 8th gym and Pikachu will beat it, I'd be pretty happy since we didn't get a final battle between Pikachu and Piplup. That will make up for it.

Lorde

Iris being the 8th Gym leader is a fairly interesting twist. It's going to be interesting to see how they play it out in the anime.

I'm now wondering whether she'll tell Ash that she's the final Gym Leader at the beginning of the Best Wishes anime, or if she'll wait until the last minute lol. I bet Dento would know that she's a Gym Leader though since Gym Leaders all apparently know each other. Iris might be a better character than I had thought.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Maybe Iris's really powerful pkmn are at her gym,training and she left with only Kibago[probably her youngest pkmn] to explore or to find something>.>

Lorde

Maybe Iris's really powerful pkmn are at her gym,training and she left with only Kibago[probably her youngest pkmn] to explore or to find something>.>

That would be kind of weird though, wouldn't it? They reach the final Gym and all of her bad-arse Pokemon are there, fully evolved, with power to spare? That's a sure way to make some fans angry. I rather her Kibago evolved and she used it against Ash in the Gym battle instead. Pikachu versus it's newest comrade, that has a nice ring to it~

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
I'm now wondering whether she'll tell Ash that she's the final Gym Leader at the beginning of the Best Wishes anime, or if she'll wait until the last minute lol. I bet Dento would know that she's a Gym Leader though since Gym Leaders all apparently know each other. Iris might be a better character than I had thought.

^lol this

As for her Kibago, it could be one of her newly caught Pokemon? I don't know, this completely came out of nowhere. What if she wanted to take a break or go to a journey or something, helping Pokemon in need?

I don't see how the musicals will be introduced in the anime though now that Ash will be traveling along with two gym leaders. =/

Teshub

Banned
Musicals are a performance like Broadway shows. It does not involve frequent competition like contests.

Lorde

Musicals are a performance like Broadway shows. It does not involve frequent competition like contests.

Proof or it didn't happen. I've seen you post some interesting things in the past yet you never seem to have proof that what you're talking about is confirmed. I'd much rather have something like a magazine scan confirm it before I take what you say for fact. I'd be really disappointed in Pokemon Musicals are indeed different than what they appeared to be, in the anime :[

Torpoleon

Not that I think she'll have Reshiram or Zekrom on her team in-game & anime, but I do think Iris will have some involvement with Reshiram & Zekrom and besides, wasn't Iris seen talking with someone about Reshiram & Zekrom in the games?

It would be cool if Ash doesn't find out that Iris is Isshu's 8th Gym Leader until he needs to battle her, or with some other method later on in the series.

Bubblewrap

Is Wobbuffet not in this or something? :/ Yuji Ueda isn't named.

Anyway, sounds interesting. So Satoshi's VA is singing it, huh? Cool!

V Faction

www.faction.com

Rica Masumoto usually sings the openings. She's an excellent singer and enjoys what she does.

I'm quite glad they're upholding the tradition.

Teshub

Banned

They are going overboard with trying to be like OS. But it's a gamble, and could end up blowing in their faces.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
to be honest ash's va sounds like a guy so I think singing may bring out the inner girl in the voice actor prepares to face teh furry.

it is like in POT, ryoma does not sound remotely like a female but they can't have a guy because they have weird deep voices

Status
Not open for further replies.