• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pre-Elite Four Battle Team

I would like to start by stating that this is my 'In-Game' battle team.

I used to have Pokemon Gold and had assembled a great team but unfortunately lost the game and the gameboy in grade 7. I decided to buy silver at a pawn shop for $5 and get her going again. Anyways, I haven't been playing it for too long but I am about to face the Elite Four for the first time on my new game, here's what my team looks like. I'll include the Pokemon, it's level and its attacks.

1: Gengar lvl. 42
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater
-Shadow Ball
-Curse

2: Golem lvl. 40
-Selfdestruct
-Magnitude
-Strength
-Rock Throw

3: Dragonair lvl. 42
-Dragonbreath
-Thunder
-Slam
-Surf

4: Scyther lvl. 40
-Slash
-Fury Cutter
-Cut
-Wing Attack

5: Typhlosion lvl. 42
-Flame Wheel
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch
-Iron Tail

I know that is only 5 Pokemon, but that is the team I have battled with the whole game. I have known from the start that there would be a Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar filling in that sixth spot and I refuse to waste any EXP. on a Pokemon that wont be in my line-up forever.

So what do you guys think so far?

riku132

nice

nice team

my team b4 e4:
togepi18
metronom
pidgeotto30
fly
gyarados35
surf
ampharos39
thunder punch
lugia43
aero blast
typhlosion51
earthquake

Last edited:
nice team

my team b4 e4:
togepi18
metronom
pidgeotto30
fly
gyarados35
surf
ampharos39
thunder punch
lugia43
aero blast
typhlosion51
earthquake

How did you find your battles were? Did you get through it alright?

Im guessing Ampharos and Typhlosion did wonders against will. Typhlosionmust have taken care of Koga pretty well too along with Lugia.
And Gyarados and Pidgeotto and Lugia for Koga and a bit of the whole team for Karen.
You must have had a bit of difficulty taking out Lance's 3 Dragonites though, eh?

Dragon_Reborn

I would like to start by stating that this is my 'In-Game' battle team.

I used to have Pokemon Gold and had assembled a great team but unfortunately lost the game and the gameboy in grade 7. I decided to buy silver at a pawn shop for $5 and get her going again. Anyways, I haven't been playing it for too long but I am about to face the Elite Four for the first time on my new game, here's what my team looks like. I'll include the Pokemon, it's level and its attacks.

1: Gengar lvl. 42
-Hypnosis
-Ice Punch
-Shadow Ball/Giga Drain
-Thunderbolt
Thunderbolt is great for taking out any water and flying types.Ice Punch is great dealing with dragon,flying,rock,grass,etc.Giga Drain is mainly used for ground coverage and can also deal with rock,water,etc.Also can be used to recover back some HP too.

2: Golem lvl. 40
-Explosion
-Earthquake
-Curse
-Rock Slide
Earthquake gains STAB and will wipe out anything that is electric,fire,rock,poison,etc.Rock Slide gains STAB and is good in taking out fire,ice,flying,etc.Curse is nice for a boost in attack and defense stats.Explosion is a great last resort move for when you know the next move will take you out then just explode to do massive damage.

3: Dragonair lvl. 42
-Wing Attack(when it evolves to Dragonite)
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power[Fighting]/Dynamicpunch
-Surf/Ice Beam
Wing Attack gains STAB and is one of those moves for when Dragonair evolves that can take out fighting,grass,etc.Thunderbolt is standard for Dragonite as it can be used to stop water pokemon that is part ice type too.Ice Beam is great for taking out Lance's Dragonites etc.Hidden Power[Fighting]/Dynamicpunch can do a number on Ash's Snorlax if you battle him and any other normal,dark,steel,ice,rock,etc.

4: Scyther lvl. 40
-Steel Wing
-Hidden Power[Bug]/Return
-Swords Dance
-Wing Attack
Steel Wing is great for taking out rock,ice,etc types.Hidden Power[Bug]is great to use against psychic types.If you can't get Hidden Power[Bug],then there is always Return you can use.Swords Dance will sharply increase your attack to make Scyther sweep more effectively.

5: Typhlosion lvl. 42
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-Thunderpunch
-Hidden Power[Grass/Ice]
Flamethrower is a great fire attack that has good damage and great accuracy to take out steel,grass,ice,bug,etc.Thunderpunch will give you some coverage against water attacks and also be able to take out flying types.Hidden Power[Grass]will give you coverage against rock and ground attacks.Hidden Power[Ice]can also give you coverage against rock and ground and can be used to take out dragon,flying,etc.Your choice on which to use.

I know that is only 5 Pokemon, but that is the team I have battled with the whole game. I have known from the start that there would be a Larvitar/Pupitar/Tyranitar filling in that sixth spot and I refuse to waste any EXP. on a Pokemon that wont be in my line-up forever.

So what do you guys think so far?

All my changes/comments are in bold above.You seem to have a pretty good team here for the Elite Four.As for the Tyranitar deal,I think you should train one.IMO,they are well worth the time to train.A Tyranitar with Earthquake,Rock Slide,Crunch,Thunderbolt can take out many things.Its up to you if you want to use him though.

All my changes/comments are in bold above.You seem to have a pretty good team here for the Elite Four.As for the Tyranitar deal,I think you should train one.IMO,they are well worth the time to train.A Tyranitar with Earthquake,Rock Slide,Crunch,Thunderbolt can take out many things.Its up to you if you want to use him though.

Yeah, most of what you have in bold is what I was hoping to do as my Pokemon level up and when I am able to get more TM's. Although, I never thought of giving Gengar Ice Punch. Seeing as I can get it relatively cheap, I should probably do that.

As for Tyranitar, I will definitely be putting one into my line-up when I can get into Mount Silver. It has been my favorite Pokemon since the 2nd generation came out and was my strongest Pokemon on my old, good file. I dont know how I found the time, but I was able to get it up to lvl. 100 before I lost my game. I had also done so with Typhlosion and a Pikachu.

Dragon_Reborn

Yeah, most of what you have in bold is what I was hoping to do as my Pokemon level up and when I am able to get more TM's. Although, I never thought of giving Gengar Ice Punch. Seeing as I can get it relatively cheap, I should probably do that.

As for Tyranitar, I will definitely be putting one into my line-up when I can get into Mount Silver. It has been my favorite Pokemon since the 2nd generation came out and was my strongest Pokemon on my old, good file. I dont know how I found the time, but I was able to get it up to lvl. 100 before I lost my game. I had also done so with Typhlosion and a Pikachu.

Ice Punch for Gengar is always nice.Ice Punch would work well against Lance's Dragonite's.

Good.Tyranitar will make a great addition to your team.It takes some patience to level him up,but is well worth it IMO.He learns a lot of great moves and makes a good physical wall that can also attack well.If you really can't get Thunderbolt to cover water attack,then Fire Blast will work to cover grass types.

Ah, I'm back now. Ill be putting up-dates on all my Pokemon's levels soon, but I just thought I should put out there that I have dropped Golem and begun training a Pikachu that I plan to eventually Evolve into a Raichu. I noticed a glaring hole and weakness in my team. I had no electric type pokemon, or even a Pokemon with an electric type move and I actually had 1 of my pokemon faint battling against Misty.

The loss of Golem isnt too bad as I will be training a Larvitar as soon as I get to Mt. Silver, and Raichu was always one of my favorite Pokemon.

What do you all think?