• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pre-order bonuses discussion.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Here is where we dicuss preorder bonuses.

For physical items the only one I've seen so for is the model of the 3 starters

pokemon-starter-trio-figures.900x.jpg

But for digital there quite a few ball sets (boring) and this backpack

backpackgift.jpg

I'm gonna wait till I know what the different UK retailers are offering before I place my preorder!

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
A few more from Japanese retailers.

A mini towel, a spoon, a picture, Thermoses, glass tumblers, coasters, stamp presses, micro fibre cleaning cloth, a jigsaw puzzle, a switch case, a bookmark, a mug, a notebook, a Pokémon card deck box, a bowl, an artbook, a folder, a tray ( of all things?!?), A drawstring bag, a keychains, badges, a calendar, and a of course a fork.

Baggie_Saiyan

Pre ordered Scarlet from my usual place as they are reliable and have good prices so bonus doesn't bother me (was just a pin) but I will deffo weigh up options for Violet, are there any region locks for Switch games does anyone know?

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I actually like the Pokéball promo as it means we have more opportunities to catch more Pokémon while saving money for other useful items early on in the games such as Potions and Antidotes. You know how Pokémon just love putting an early route Bug type that knows Poison Powder or Poison Sting within the first hour of gameplay.

Dragon Pulse

Am hoping the UK gets the individual steelbooks like France and Australia are getting. How do we know what different retailers are offering?

Baggie_Saiyan

Am hoping the UK gets the individual steelbooks like France and Australia are getting. How do we know what different retailers are offering?
Just google SV pre orders and see what comes up. Just found out Game have the figure, GameCollection have poster and sticky notes.

I do want the figure but Game charging full £50 is a massive turn off effectively means the figure is worth £10 (which I don't think it is)

scififan21

Just want to know if I get anything besides 100 pokeballs for pre-ordering duel pack in the US I really loved my S/M steelbook would love to actually get another one.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.

Golden_Arcanine

Most likely, yes. It’ll be very similar to the midnight releases for the Gen 6/7/8 games.
Assuming you have to call them to do so? I think I ended up walking in after work and seeing if they had any left.

scififan21

Pre-ordered my Double Pack physical edition through Amazon, I guess 100 Pokeballs is my reward. That's okay I'll have a crap ton to catch a good start on the Living Dex I plan to do in one game, and use the other for Nuzlocking/challenges.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
For Amazon pre-orders: In addition to the two codes for 100 Poké Balls, the bonus is a healing set that includes 10 Potions, 10 antidotes and 3 revives. Not that great of a bonus.

scififan21

For Amazon pre-orders: In addition to the two codes for 100 Poké Balls, the bonus is a healing set that includes 10 Potions, 10 antidotes and 3 revives. Not that great of a bonus.
Didn't realize that thought that was just the digital that came with other items besides Pokeballs. Europe/Japan get the cooler stuff the US gets crap when it comes to Pokemon stuff. I love my S/M steelbook though I wish they had continued doing that for Switch Pokemon games. I can't justify buying a new special edition Switch unless I need to it for my Husband and Son to play Scarlet/Violet with me even then I might just ask my mom who still gets me one thing for Christmas every year.

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Nothing too interesting for the UK so I went ahead and pre-ordered from Game to get the starter Pokémon statue.

It seems like Europe get more interesting pre-order bonus than America but Japan gets a crazy amount of variety with tons of cool stuff.

I'll probably have BotW2 as my first pre-ordered non-pokémon game, so I wonder if that'll have any cool bonuses.

Baggie_Saiyan

Nothing too interesting for the UK so I went ahead and pre-ordered from Game to get the starter Pokémon statue.

It seems like Europe get more interesting pre-order bonus than America but Japan gets a crazy amount of variety with tons of cool stuff.

I'll probably have BotW2 as my first pre-ordered non-pokémon game, so I wonder if that'll have any cool bonuses.
Disappointed in the amount of digital bonus in the UK. AmazonUK had a cool one for PLA for example but we just get luxury balls and soothe bell this time.

I might get the Game one IRL on release day

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
A few more from Japanese retailers.

A mini towel, a spoon, a picture, Thermoses, glass tumblers, coasters, stamp presses, micro fibre cleaning cloth, a jigsaw puzzle, a switch case, a bookmark, a mug, a notebook, a Pokémon card deck box, a bowl, an artbook, a folder, a tray ( of all things?!?), A drawstring bag, a keychains, badges, a calendar, and a of course a fork.

"And a partridge in a pear tree!" :D

lol But anyway, I think this is the first time I'm not particularly crazy about the pre-orders. Nothing really interests, and the customization options are kinda dumb. Would be nice if we got something like the Baneful Fox mask.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Surprised the Nintendo website or Pokémon centre haven’t got that figure as part of the bonus for them. Seems strange that it’s only GAME. I’ve tried ordering through GAME, but their website is so faulty it keeps crashing when I’m trying to check out.

Sponge

I know this isn't exactly about preorders but I was wondering which online retailers are good about sending games out so they arrive maybe a day early? (or at least on launch day)

I ordered Pokemon Shield from ShopTo because people online had said it would arrive a day or so early but it ended up not even arriving on launch day.

I'm wondering if I ordered from Amazon would I be likely to get the game on launch day since they recently opened an Amazon warehouse in my country. (presumably they'd have popular video games like Pokemon available, and wouldn't have to order them in from another countries warehouse....)