1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pre Release of Plasma Freeze this Saturday; questions

Discussion in 'Pokémon TCG Discussion' started by RNG_Reporter, May 1, 2013.

1. RNG_Reporter

RNG_Reporter Well-Known Member

My league is doing the pre release Saturday.

It'll cost $30 to participate.

I have no connection to the people to ask why it's $30. So I was hoping someone here could tell me.

What does the $30 pay for and include. Is it worth it?

2. ven?

ven? Kanto Region Champ

Let's assume a booster pack is worth 5 $, when you attend you're first given 6 booster packs to start (making up the 30$), then you make a deck of 40 cards to play with out of those 6 packs (energy is provided). When you're done the pre-release tourny you're given 2 more booster packs and a promo card for attending the pre-release. So to sum it up, is 30$ worth 8 packs to you? To me, I think it is.

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  3. RNG_Reporter

Just had no idea what is going on.

Apparently there is an additional $15 for a draft tournament afterwards.

No idea what that is. But sounds like a busy day.

Guess ill bring $45 and see what's up.

4. tcg

tcg 私は日本語が話せない

Yea, Itʻs super fun, Itʻs optional to go to the draft tournament, If your in the seniors like I am I had to wait forever to let the masters finish for me to start

5. ven?

ven? Kanto Region Champ

Draft in my area is the same price as the pre-release (so it might end up being the same, you're buying the same amount of packs), so bring 60 to be safe.

6. RNG_Reporter

Man. That was a blast.

I love getting 6 packs and building a 40card deck. Soooooooo fun and amusing. Each battle is just funny.

Best card I pulled was a Deo EX. That was it. The rest was eeveelutions and metagross/grimer combos. But it's all good.

A top player in worlds was there. Jason something. (Illinois) and talked with me and so I sold him the Deo EX for $30 as we agreed it'll be an expensive deck to make. And it's obvious I couldn't build such a thing and he can and will.

Here is the kicker..as I left I opened up the two free packs after completion...

Deoxys FULL ART.

Lol. Looks like I had the chance to make the deck anyways.

Oh well. For sure keeping this one. Just wild how it works.

Tempted to go tomorrow to another local one.