• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Predictions for Charizard for the rest of this arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisted Fantasy

Most people would agree that charizards appearance in black and white has been somewhat redundant as he hasn't had any really important roles. Is there any chance for him to do anything noteworthy in his short period of time with ash?

Janice Quatlane

helloooo ladies
Probably not. IMO, they just put him back in to say to the old fans "Hey! Look! Old character!"

Twisted Fantasy

yah at first i didn't want to think that that would happen but with more episodes coming out, it looks like its becoming an inevitability

Graham Aker

As in big battles? Well, let's look at the known remaining episodes:

Oshawott: Nope
Zoroark: Probably not.
Oak: Nope, probably going to focus on Oak and electric Pokemon.
Croconaw Pirates: Noooo
Butterfree: No, it'll focus on Butterfree mostly.
Beehehyem: Probably not.
TR & Emonga: Uh...nope?
Ash vs Iris: Potentially if there's a battle, but if not..it might only be used to blast off TRio.
Jirachi: Nope
Evolutionary Stones: .....
Clair: Highest possible chance right here, but then again...it's already beaten Clair.

There could be more episodes we don't know about, but as it stands now..it's not looking like Charizard will get anything big.

Last edited:

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
Has Charizard even show up after N left the show? I have not seen the Japanese anime lately.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Charizard's return to the team is sad. He feels the same way he did in early Johto before Ash left him behind, he was pretty much useless outside of the first Johto Gym and did little in fillers.

God I am having early johto flashbacks.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Charizard's return to the team is sad. He feels the same way he did in early Johto before Ash left him behind, he was pretty much useless outside of the first Johto Gym and did little in fillers.

God I am having early johto flashbacks.

I agree. Charizard's return episode was great...but like many things with BW nothing really came from it

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
They pretty much just did it to say "See old fans? We care about you, we brought charizard back to Ash"s team...and that's it."

diakyu

Some of seem to forget that charizard is just a regular team member this time. He returned under no special conditions. He has the same importance as Scraggy, Pignite, Oshawott, etc on Ash's team. Of course he's doing these small tasks like his other team mates do. He'll do something eventually, probably near the end of DA!

And about 80% of the kids watching Best Wishes today have never seen a single Kanto episode. Lol.
I would imagine a lot of BW's viewers watch smash and see the reruns.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Some of seem to forget that charizard is just a regular team member this time. He returned under no special conditions. He has the same importance as Scraggy, Pignite, Oshawott, etc on Ash's team. Of course he's doing these small tasks like his other team mates do. He'll do something eventually, probably near the end of DA!

I would imagine a lot of BW's viewers watch smash and see the reruns.

I am just happy to see one of Ash's prior pokemon back on the team. Charizard was also brought back to show that Charizard is Ash's other strongest bond out of any of his pokemon minus pikachu.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I am just happy to see one of Ash's prior pokemon back on the team. Charizard was also brought back to show that Charizard is Ash's other strongest bond out of any of his pokemon minus pikachu.

Which is favortism. When Ash saw that Buizel/Corphish he didn't bring back his own.

NeoDude-5000

He's probulay here as an excuse for Ash to have a fully evolved starter in his team and also for old times sakes. But I do hope something big happens. (relearn Seismic Toss?)

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
And nothing has come of it other than it searching for the lost baby pokemon.

Helped Pignite and created a friendship with him, had that thing with Dragonite and now is a good buddy with him, had that nice team moment along with Pikachu, Oshawott, etc, helped looking for the missing pokemon along Dragonite.

Like I said he came back to be part of the team, thats being part of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.