• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Predictions for Charizard for the rest of this arc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Ah, and here people think that only because Charizard is doing nothing the fanboys will stop treating him as Arceus himself. As if!

The only way to deter them from doing that is by making Charizard lose battle after battle after battle on-screen. Him doing nothing simply puts him in "stand-by" and steals a team slot from Pokemon who would enjoy even a tiny bit of screen time.

Seriously, I'd rather have him doing something interesting and leave rather than see him twiddling his thumbs for (probably all) the DA! arc and rob the Unova Pokemon from some useful screen time.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Ah, and here people think that only because Charizard is doing nothing the fanboys will stop treating him as Arceus himself. As if!

The only way to deter them from doing that is by making Charizard lose battle after battle after battle on-screen. Him doing nothing simply puts him in "stand-by" and steals a team slot from Pokemon who would enjoy even a tiny bit of screen time.

Seriously, I'd rather have him doing something interesting and leave rather than see him twiddling his thumbs for (probably all) the DA! arc and rob the Unova Pokemon from some useful screen time.

Charizard isn't going to do anything interesting until Ash does something interesting himself. Right now the Da saga as a whole is a filler fest. So if he isn't doing anything, than Charizard and the other pokemon aren't going to do much either. But you should be happy that Charizard is even with Ash since that's what people had wanted since back in Johto. All people ever talked about was being with Ash. Now that it is, people really shouldn't complain. I didn't like it when it hogged all the best battles either since Ash has a lot of nice pokemon as well. So I'm happy that it's here so that people will finally stop complaining about not seeing years after years. The writers have probably got tired of it too. I hope Charizard stays at the lab with the other pokemon, so that we don't have to hear any more rants requiring Charizard needing to come back instead of treating it like the others. In fact, there are some others that need more exposer than he does, and since Ash has a lot of pokemon, one pokemon should never have been shown so much pacific attention over the others.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Charizard isn't going to do anything interesting until Ash does something interesting himself. Right now the Da saga as a whole is a filler fest.

True, but tbh, the whole 5th gen fillers were much more interesting that the Johto/Sinnoh/Hoenn ones. At least imo. There's a few exceptions of course (looking at you sawsbuck filler)

Thriller

Its almost time
Charizard can't even leave right now because he is in the Genesect movie. So HAH! He's stuck in that cramped Poke Ball until then. Hey, its still better than that Charizific Valley that never should have come to be just to insult the Pokemon we all grew to love, right?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Most likely nothing since we all know that the writers are too lazy to have characters from past generations do anything significant this series. It's pretty much becoming a Dawn 2.0 cameo with it staying in the background not doing much like she did during her return. I think it's time the writers and producers get canned and bring in someone new that can actually bring past characters back and making them have some significant reasons why they returned and what they would accomplish while they're back.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Charizard can't even leave right now because he is in the Genesect movie. So HAH! He's stuck in that cramped Poke Ball until then. Hey, its still better than that Charizific Valley that never should have come to be just to insult the Pokemon we all grew to love, right?

I don't get why you hate the Charicific Valley so much...it's a pretty nice story. Charizard was strong, but there were much better trained Charizard. We constantly heard throughout Kanto and OI how badly trained Charizard was. Ash's Charizard saw this and wanted to become stronger(not sure if wanting to be the strongest Charizard in the world was dub only or not).

I liked how Charizard was treated before. Came back for the very important battles that Ash needed him for. It made me feel that Ash always had the big guns only when he needed them. Like Swellow, Snorlax, Heracross, and Sceptile coming back for the Sinnoh League. That feeling of Charizard coming back was always "Damn Ash is getting serious here. Something big is gonna happen". This made time for others to shine and grow. Like Sceptile coming back and beating Darkrai. Although it is very odd thinking back as to why Ash didn't get Charizard for Tobias. Like the others, it had experience against legendaries and was a smart pick. That's for another time though

It feels so weird to just have him come back to just be on the team and not do much.

Most likely nothing since we all know that the writers are too lazy to have characters from past generations do anything significant this series. It's pretty much becoming a Dawn 2.0 cameo with it staying in the background not doing much like she did during her return. I think it's time the writers and producers get canned and bring in someone new that can actually bring past characters back and making them have some significant reasons why they returned and what they would accomplish while they're back.

Charizard's return was much better than Dawn's. Dawn didn't have an episode dedicated to her history across 9 years and thrashing Dragonite. Although they are similar in not doing much in their return, Charizard had a better inanime reason for returning and had a better debut

Last edited:

Thriller

Its almost time
I don't get why you hate the Charicific Valley so much...it's a pretty nice story. Charizard was strong, but there were much better trained Charizard. We constantly heard throughout Kanto and OI how badly trained Charizard was. Ash's Charizard saw this and wanted to become stronger(not sure if wanting to be the strongest Charizard in the world was dub only or not).

I liked how Charizard was treated before. Came back for the very important battles that Ash needed him for. It made me feel that Ash always had the big guns only when he needed them. Like Swellow, Snorlax, Heracross, and Sceptile coming back for the Sinnoh League. That feeling of Charizard coming back was always "Damn Ash is getting serious here. Something big is gonna happen". This made time for others to shine and grow. Like Sceptile coming back and beating Darkrai. Although it is very odd thinking back as to why Ash didn't get Charizard for Tobias. Like the others, it had experience against legendaries and was a smart pick. That's for another time though

Because it was still a poor ending to Charizard's story. If Charizard had an actual problem with its personality (which it did not), maybe, but the entire thing was all Ash's fault. He did squat, didly-freaking-squat to solve the problem. All he had to do was put his foot down on it as a Charmeleon early on, instead of making stupid faces every time it doesn't "listen" to him. Even when Charizard became obedient again, it was clear Ash learned nothing from it. He blew a huge, HUGE opportunity to fix it in the interim between the Earth Badge battle and the Pokemon league, but he didn't take Professor Oak's advice of training his Pokemon, instead choosing to go on adventures with Surfing Pikachu's and making Pokemon movies and going to Hollywood. I tell you, it was good to see Professor Oak chastise Ash for his failure in training Charizard.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
Because it was still a poor ending to Charizard's story. If Charizard had an actual problem with its personality (which it did not), maybe, but the entire thing was all Ash's fault. He did squat, didly-freaking-squat to solve the problem. All he had to do was put his foot down on it as a Charmeleon early on, instead of making stupid faces every time it doesn't "listen" to him. Even when Charizard became obedient again, it was clear Ash learned nothing from it. He blew a huge, HUGE opportunity to fix it in the interim between the Earth Badge battle and the Pokemon league, but he didn't take Professor Oak's advice of training his Pokemon, instead choosing to go on adventures with Surfing Pikachu's and making Pokemon movies and going to Hollywood. I tell you, it was good to see Professor Oak chastise Ash for his failure in training Charizard.

No...Charicific Valley set up Charizard's story. Charizard's story ends when it helps Ash become Champion.

This is Kanto Ash we're talking about here...how is a trainer who just started out supposed to be flawless at training Pokémon? Ash should have trained. It was Ash's fault and he deserved to be chastised...although why then and not the freaking Unova League I have no idea

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Because it was still a poor ending to Charizard's story.

His story had already ended though. He started out as a good Pokemon who became disobedient for 60+ episodes after evolving and then he got over that and helped Ash a bit during the last parts of the Orange Islands. I don't know what more people wanted of him. I mean Ash obviously couldn't have kept him on his team forever once Johto started for the sole reason that it would've made things too easy for him. The writers at least gave Charizard the honor of training off-screen so he could return stronger than before every once in a while.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
His story had already ended though. He started out as a good Pokemon who became disobedient for 60+ episodes after evolving and then he got over that and helped Ash a bit during the last parts of the Orange Islands. I don't know what more people wanted of him. I mean Ash obviously couldn't have kept him on his team forever once Johto started for the sole reason that it would've made things too easy for him. The writers at least gave Charizard the honor of training off-screen so he could return stronger than before every once in a while.

And for fanservice.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
No...Charicific Valley set up Charizard's story. Charizard's story ends when it helps Ash become Champion.

This is Kanto Ash we're talking about here...how is a trainer who just started out supposed to be flawless at training Pokémon? Ash should have trained. It was Ash's fault and he deserved to be chastised...although why then and not the freaking Unova League I have no idea
Well then charizard's story will never end.

Status
Not open for further replies.