• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Masako Nozawa and Mayumi Tanaka were kept on as Goku's and Krillin's seiyuus because they had been voicing the two for the whole time they were in the anime, and it's better to keep the distinct voices they provide than to hire on two completely new seiyuus for their older selves and ask the audience to just roll with it.

Same should go for Matsumoto, much more so even, given she's done this for over two decades.

Poke'fan68

I don't think they'll replace ash for the SV anime but I do feel like it could be the last generation Ash is the main character in. I think that the SV anime will have Ash age up and it will introduce or reintroduce a character who is meant to become the next main character of the pokemon anime. I think the SV anime will be a passing of the torch from Ash the past protagonist to the future protagonist.

Pokemon Master Roxas!

Returning PokeMaster
As shown time and time again (like with the recent stuff in the PWC) the writing staff and higher ups don't care what the fan base wants. They will reset Ash and have him do gyms again if they want to.
If that was the case then they would have kept this up since XY where there was no os-dpp callbacks and references like sm and journeys did.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Honestly I’ve noticed how much weaker Rica’s voice is is the most recent episodes. Besides it’s time Ash is older. Not like 5 years old but much older, like at least early to mid 20s.
That does not refute the point at all.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
People that complain that Ash should be gone cough SatoSere cough fail to realize one thing: That VA have deep relationship with the characters that they have been voice acting for more that a decade. It hard to "throw" that away. It easy for us as a viewer to claim that "Oh Ash is stale, he should leave bah bah. " It hard for them who have been voicing the character for more than a decade to say goodbye (Like Rica and Ash)

To Rica, Ash is probably her greatest achievement, just like Jason Frank whose greatest achievement is being the Power Ranger. Wanting Ash to leave after everything that he have achieve from the viewer who complain that the anime is NOT TARGETED to (demo and countries wise), is a slap to her face by saying "Oh, thank for your contribution, but you can leave now since people wanting Ash to leave cough SatoSere cough dont want to hear you anymore" This is just like asking Peter Cullen to stop voicing Optimus Prime or Tom Kenny to stop voicing Spongebob because the character is stale and their voice doesn't " match" with the character

If Ash come back again for Gen 9 anime, you can don't watch, no one is forcing people that wanted Ash to leave to watch and then complain again on why Ash is still in the anime as the protagonist

Pokemon Master Roxas!

Returning PokeMaster
Are you implying callbacks are proof that they won't go back to gym quest anymore?
hmm.gif
Im saying if they really want to reset ash like you wished for.. They would have of done that at the start of Journeys. Which they didnt. Like you said the writers aren't writing this for the western fanbase. They write what they want.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
People that complain that Ash should be gone cough SatoSere cough fail to realize one thing: That VA have deep relationship with the characters that they have been voice acting for more that a decade. It hard to "throw" that away. It easy for us as a viewer to claim that "Oh Ash is stale, he should leave bah bah. " It hard for them who have been voicing the character for more than a decade to say goodbye (Like Rica and Ash)

To Rica, Ash is probably her greatest achievement, just like Jason Frank whose greatest achievement is being the Power Ranger. Wanting Ash to leave after everything that he have achieve from the viewer who complain that the anime is NOT TARGETED to (demo and countries wise), is a slap to her face by saying "Oh, thank for your contribution, but you can leave now since people wanting Ash to leave cough SatoSere cough dont want to hear you anymore" This is just like asking Peter Cullen to stop voicing Optimus Prime or Tom Kenny to stop voicing Spongebob because the character is stale and their voice doesn't " match" with the character

If Ash come back again for Gen 9 anime, you can don't watch, no one is forcing people that wanted Ash to leave to watch and then complain again on why Ash is still in the anime as the protagonist
Uh what..what does the VA have to do with whether Ash should be written out or not. Nobody accuses Rica of being the issue about Ash. It's all to do with him being stale on screen and how much more can his goal be dragged on even after the PWC. You could even get a new VA for Ash and those of us who want him out would still want him out. VA's undoubtedly get attached to their characters, I get it, but at some point it has to end. Like Mayumi Tanaka would eventually have to stop voicing Luffy, and it won't be cause people want her to stop, rather it'll just be the point that One Piece is over.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Im saying if they really want to reset ash like you wished for.. They would have of done that at the start of Journeys. Which they didnt. Like you said the writers aren't writing this for the western fanbase. They write what they want.
But maybe they didn't because they could keep milking Ash's goal of wanting to be the strongest trainer in the world for the narrative?
All I am saying is that it's not impossible that they would reset him again as long as they want it of course. A reset is not impossible.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Uh what..what does the VA have to do with whether Ash should be written out or not. Nobody accuses Rica of being the issue about Ash. It's all to do with him being stale on screen and how much more can his goal be dragged on even after the PWC. You could even get a new VA for Ash and those of us who want him out would still want him out. VA's undoubtedly get attached to their characters, I get it, but at some point it has to end. Like Mayumi Tanaka would eventually have to stop voicing Luffy, and it won't be cause people want her to stop, rather it'll just be the point that One Piece is over.
My apologise, what i was trying to bring across is that it easy for us as a viewer to complain and wanting Ash to leave due to staleness or other stuff online but in the actual reality is that it hard to look for another VA actor who is willing to take over Rica role as Ash VA espically Rica is still alive and well, and due to the respect that comes in the Japanese culture that will allow Ash staying in the anime.

The reason why i mention about Rica on my previous post is due to how SatoSere mention about someting is off when Rica is voicing Ash recently and wanting to change the VA to match Ash age if Ash do grew older in next Gen anime but forgetting the fact that Rica having attachment and relationship with Ash since she spends 25 years voicing as him and it easy for us as a viewer, to say "change the VA"

i agreed to your take on nothing last forever but it is annoying for people having the same complain over and over again like "dude, we get it, " but it come to a point where it starting to get annoying. We know Ash is not leaving, so instead of watching the anime and complaining "Why Ash is still here again?". They can don't watch the main anime and watch other pokemon show that does not have Ash as the protagonist instead. (I know freedom of speech but still)

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Rica and the writers has said Ash isn't going anywhere.
When did the writers say he wasn’t going anywhere? Did I miss the formal announcement for the next series?

Im saying if they really want to reset ash like you wished for.. They would have of done that at the start of Journeys. Which they didnt.
“They didn’t do x at this arbitrary point in the past, so they wouldn’t do x in the future“ is not really an argument…

Pokemon Master Roxas!

Returning PokeMaster
When did the writers say he wasn’t going anywhere? Did I miss the formal announcement for the next series?

“They didn’t do x at this arbitrary point in the past, so they wouldn’t do x in the future“ is not really an argument…
You like to argue huh? The writers thing was in an interview it's on a thread somewhere here and as for the other point you do the same arbitrary thing as well so did others "the writers will reset ash back and do gyms as if his progression regarding pwc and as a whole is moot!"

Last edited:

Rune Knight

If the next series follows a similar route of having Ash obtain a team consisting of past and new generation pokémon which ones would you like him to catch this time around that is if Ash does continue as the main character?

Here are my personal picks of what his team could consist of:

Pikachu
Arcanine,
mainly since he didn't get a fire-type in the current series.
Dunsparce, but only if it does end up getting a new evolution.
Tyranitar, preferably the very same Larvitar that he cared for in Johto.
Hisuian Zoroark, since LA will continue to be on store shelves for a long time.
A Gen 9 Pokémon, preferably one that has a type that differs from the rest of his team.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
The writers thing was in an interview it's on a thread somewhere here
OK. Care to share a link to it?

as for the other point you do the same arbitrary thing as well so did others "the writers will reset ash back and do gyms as if his progression regarding pwc and as a whole is moot!"
You’re confusing me with a few other people here. I’m the “there are multiple options for the future, but nothing is certain until it is officially announced” guy. And I’m more likely to argue that there is a higher probability that TPC is going to outright end the show or do a timeskip rather than just replace Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.