• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sereen123

You know what is something I’ve always been interested in them trying? Having team rocket be the traveling companions. I know it messes with the whole steal pokemon gimmick but idk I feel like it’s a different dynamic and could maybe work

Eevee903

You are awesome!
You know what is something I’ve always been interested in them trying? Having team rocket be the traveling companions. I know it messes with the whole steal pokemon gimmick but idk I feel like it’s a different dynamic and could maybe work
Even as someone who likes Team Rocket, no please.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Ooh it’d be really neat if Penny was the leader of a bunch of juvenile delinquents. Like with a complete personality and appearance change to look like an anime delinquent lol that’d be so fun.

And the problem with someone like Marnie was that she was so passive with her “evil team”. That’s more of a fault of Team Yell as a whole being 100% just there to be there and SWSH’s plot being incomprehensible as a whole BUT I think a return to rivals being more associated with the evil team is a cool dynamic that they should use more. They’ve more than shown with N, Silver, and even Gladion that they can do it well.

If that’s the case I doubt Penny would be a companion in the anime tbh. I’d see a rival/antagonistic role more possible, or maybe a switchup mid-series.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Ooh it’d be really neat if Penny was the leader of a bunch of juvenile delinquents. Like with a complete personality change and appearance to look like an anime delinquent lol that’d be so fun.

And the problem with someone like Marnie was that she was so passive with her “evil team”. That’s more of a fault of Team Yell as a whole being 100% just there to be there and SWSH’s plot being incomprehensible as a whole BUT I think a return to rivals being more associated with the evil team is a cool dynamic that they should use more. They’ve more than shown with N, Silver, and even Gladion that they can do it well.

If that’s the case I doubt Penny would be a companion in the anime tbh. I’d see a rival/antagonistic role more possible, or maybe a switchup mid-series.
I just hope they don't copy paste the villainous plot like Journeys literally did with SWSH.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ooh it’d be really neat if Penny was the leader of a bunch of juvenile delinquents. Like with a complete personality change and appearance to look like an anime delinquent lol that’d be so fun.

I would love this lol

desdar300

Gallade and Gardevoir got themselves a descendant that apparently is a mixture of the both of them and uses archery.

Additionally, the towers are associated with these totem / Noble type Pokemon which are these big bosses and there are a total of five of them.

Observer

Mostly watching
Ooh it’d be really neat if Penny was the leader of a bunch of juvenile delinquents. Like with a complete personality and appearance change to look like an anime delinquent lol that’d be so fun.

When it comes to Silver we don't learn about his connection to Team Rocket until the Gen 1 remakes. The games have done a good job with the rival being part of the evil team in the past and it does make the story interesting plus it gives the rival more depth when we learn why they are part of that group.

The anime on the other hand is a different story when it comes to this subject. The closest the anime have came to doing this was with Alan and Team Flare, but he was unknowingly helping them and if he had known what they were really planning on doing early on he would've tried to stop them from the get go. N had already left Team Plasma by the time he shows up in the anime, and Gladion isn't a member of Team Skull. I guess in Gladion's case they didn't want a family member of a main character to associated with a gang of thugs, but I feel like that was a missed opportunity but what's done is done.

Now I think that the anime should make the next rival a knowingly and willing member of the evil team because it will shake things up and the stakes in their battles will be higher because chances are it could be a life or death situation when it comes time for their climatic battle that probably won't involve a league. Remember some characters have no problem committing murder.

That's my thoughts on the subject.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I can't imagine the genie going back into the bottle, so continuing the cameos like Journeys started should just be a thing from here on.

Ash in the Masters 8 is itself a benchmark moment, whether he wins or loses, where everyone new is logically going to approach him in a predictable manner: either with nervous respect or wary distrust or disbelief that he's capable. That'll get boring. I think it can be time to explore a "shrunken universe" approach and regularly use past characters for roles and such in place of new COTDs, where they'll act and react according to him, not his title, based on the lived experiences they've had with him. Limitless potential there, with the ease of prior established interactions to use as a template and expand on as Ash figures out what he can do to further become a Master.

TL;DR, SM, but everyone's a classmate essentially and rotates in and out.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
When it comes to Silver we don't learn about his connection to Team Rocket until the Gen 1 remakes. The games have done a good job with the rival being part of the evil team in the past and it does make the story interesting plus it gives the rival more depth when we learn why they are part of that group.

The anime on the other hand is a different story when it comes to this subject. The closest the anime have came to doing this was with Alan and Team Flare, but he was unknowingly helping them and if he had known what they were really planning on doing early on he would've tried to stop them from the get go. N had already left Team Plasma by the time he shows up in the anime, and Gladion isn't a member of Team Skull. I guess in Gladion's case they didn't want a family member of a main character to associated with a gang of thugs, but I feel like that was a missed opportunity but what's done is done.

Now I think that the anime should make the next rival a knowingly and willing member of the evil team because it will shake things up and the stakes in their battles will be higher because chances are it could be a life or death situation when it comes time for their climatic battle that probably won't involve a league. Remember some characters have no problem committing murder.

That's my thoughts on the subject.
This is something that really bothers me about the anime. Particularly in recent years, the anime has scrubbed game characters who canonically have done difficult, questionable, even wrong things squeaky clean and made them unaware/unknowing or flat out have changed a large part of their character to make them more “good”. The most extremely egregious case of this is Lusamine, who is practically a completely different character in the anime (in USUM too might I add). The powerful narrative of a child standing up to their abusive parent and gaining the courage to become their own person? Gone because lol Lusamine is just so dedicated to her work and sometimes does insensitive things to her kids. Like what?

N not being a part of Plasma really takes out a lot of the intrigue and genius of his character, it’s what made the BW games work in the first place. Gladion being a part of Team Skull makes sense considering his situation and really makes you feel for him even more, considering what he must have gone through to get there. These characters are less effected than Lusamine in the anime but these are still unnesscary changes that dilute the story that’s trying to be told. Hopefully they have enough backbone next series to properly incorporate the likely scenario of Penny being w the evil team.

Last edited:

Observer

Mostly watching
This is something that really bothers me about the anime. Particularly in recent years, the anime has scrubbed game characters who canonically have done difficult, questionable, even wrong things squeaky clean and made them unaware/unknowing or flat out have changed a large part of their character to make them more “good”. The most extremely egregious case of this is Lusamine, who is practically a completely different character in the anime (in USUM too might I add). The powerful narrative of a child standing up to their abusive parent and gaining the courage to become their own person? Gone because lol Lusamine is just so dedicated to her work and sometimes does insensitive things to her kids. Like what?

N not being a part of Plasma really takes out a lot of the intrigue and genius of his character, it’s what made the BW games work in the first place. Gladion being a part of Team Skull makes sense considering his situation and really makes you feel for him even more, considering what he must have gone through to get there. These characters are less effected by Lusamine in the anime but these are still unnesscary changes that dilute the story that’s trying to be told. Hopefully they have enough backbone next series to properly incorporate the likely scenario of Penny being w the evil team.

If Gladion had been an enforcer of Team Skull in the anime they could have had him be like an older brother figure to the members like how Plumeria is the big sister figure to the grunts or something.

Having them being part of the evil team adds something new to the anime other than just being there for the main character to beat.

Gingertail24

N not being a part of Plasma really takes out a lot of the intrigue and genius of his character, it’s what made the BW games work in the first place. Gladion being a part of Team Skull makes sense considering his situation and really makes you feel for him even more, considering what he must have gone through to get there. These characters are less effected than Lusamine in the anime but these are still unnesscary changes that dilute the story that’s trying to be told. Hopefully they have enough backbone next series to properly incorporate the likely scenario of Penny being w the evil team.
The anime in general just is lackluster when it comes to morally complex character. I guess it makes sense considering their target audience

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
The anime in general just is lackluster when it comes to morally complex character. I guess it makes sense considering their target audience
Eh that definitely plays a part but I’m confused on why they do it to the extent that they do now when lots of other recent kids shows have complex characters with reasons for why they’re doing things. Hugtto Precure came out in 2018, when SM was still airing, and had a main villain who wanted to freeze time to stop his wife from dying. Like that’s a relatively complex motivation given to a villain, and the ratings and toy sales were just fine nonetheless.

Observer

Mostly watching

Eh that definitely plays a part but I’m confused on why they do it to the extent that they do now when lots of other recent kids shows have complex characters with reasons for why they’re doing things. Hugtto Precure came out in 2018, when SM was still airing, and had a main villain who wanted to freeze time to stop his wife from dying. Like that’s a relatively complex motivation given to a villain, and the ratings and toy sales were just fine nonetheless.

I guess you could maybe chalk it up to the tone of whichever Pokemon series that's currently airing at the time.

The anime will sometimes dip their toes into the subject of a somewhat complex character but not by much. The only time we might see something like that is in the movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.