• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Septilefan

Sceptile
May took 14 episodes to catch her first Pokémon (apart from Torchic), and discovered her goal in episode 13.
Serena took 47 episodes to catch her first Pokémon (apart from Fennekin), and discovered her goal in episode 40.
Chloe took 49 episodes to catch her first Pokémon, and discovered her goal in episode... wait... does 120 count? Idk.
I was more responding to Kazuniya claiming they wanted a character with a goal who liked Pokemon from the start.

Out of the 9 female leads we had, only Dawn was like that.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
I totally forgot about May's start in AG. At least it didn't take her long to get a goal and start catching more Pokemon.

I was more responding to Kazuniya claiming they wanted a character with a goal who liked Pokemon from the start.

Out of the 9 female leads we had, only Dawn was like that.
Iris too.

Even if you think her goal wasn't handled the best, she knew she wanted to be a Dragon Master from the start and she loved Pokemon + was a battler from a very young age.

Misty too, I think?

Septilefan

Sceptile
I totally forgot about May's start in AG. At least it didn't take her long to get a goal and start catching more Pokemon.

Iris too.

Even if you think her goal wasn't handled the best, she knew she wanted to be a Dragon Master from the start and she loved Pokemon + was a battler from a very young age.
Ironically enough I recall people claiming May took too long to get a goal too back then, which now in retrospect is hilarious given she gets one in 13 episodes and her first battle as early as episode 5, and first capture in episode 14.

I guess people didn't realize at the time how much worse it could get in the future of main girls getting started to the point where it takes them halfway into their series now

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Also at this point, another big issue is the Eevee shoehornin. Serena was pushing it but then Lana and then Chloe and they’re back to back?

I get that Eevee is the co-mascot but if that’s the case then just keep a main character on the main cast with an Eevee instead of forcing it into every girls team.

Maybe it was Kishimoto. Lmao.
Sakura my beloved

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
If the trend of trainers getting what they got in Masters continues, Misty will have Vaporeon next, so add another to the list.

At least that one has some predilection to it though.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Also at this point, another big issue is the Eevee shoehornin. Serena was pushing it but then Lana and then Chloe and they’re back to back?

I get that Eevee is the co-mascot but if that’s the case then just keep a main character on the main cast with an Eevee instead of forcing it into every girls team.
Doubly irritating when there’s no new Eeveelutions to even link it to. Sandy was whatever but Koharu’s Eevee has no reason to exist when it hasn’t GMAX’d at all. Even then that’s pushing it bc a new evolution is much more worth it to me than cosmetic and move/stat changes.

V annoying how they refuse to give us new Eeveelutions, especially in a gen where Penny’s whole gimmick is loving Eevee. Jesus Christ.

Sham

Doubly irritating when there’s no new Eeveelutions to even link it to. Sandy was whatever but Koharu’s Eevee has no reason to exist when it hasn’t GMAX’d at all.
I remember HOPING that Chloe's Eevee would turn into Glaceon but it was cope because I knew all along it would just be a cheap ploy of "you're perfect that way you are!". You already know Penny is gonna be shilled so hard in the (potential) SV anime.

At leas the first Eevee's we got actually evolved but instead Lana's and Chloe's decided to stay Eevee's...because reasons?

Spyro39

Serena getting Eevee was fine IMO because it was only the second time a main female character got an Eevee and she was supposed to be like May, who had an Eevee on her team and later evolved into Glaceon. At least Serena's Eevee evolved into the Gen 6 Eevee Sylveon. Lana's Eevee? There was no excuse not make it evolve into Vaporeon, and I guess Chloe's Eevee was supposed to reflect her owner's undecided nature (compounded by the lack of a Gen 8 Eeveelution).

If Penny is the next main girl, this one (ironically or un-ironically) might make more sense this time because she carries an Eevee bag with her, so who's to say that's a sign of her getting Eevee in the future?

But hey, SV Eevee will be different because instead of an Eeveelution, this one can potentially Terastallize.

Last edited:

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
If Penny is the next main girl, this one (ironically or un-ironically) might make more sense this time because she carries an Eevee bag with her, so who's to say that's a sign of her getting Eevee in the future?
I don't think Penny will get an Eevee. I think Penny will already have an Eevee at the start of the series.

Sham

Serena getting Eevee was fine IMO because it was only the second time a main female character got an Eevee and she was supposed to be like May, who had an Eevee on her team and later evolved into Glaceon. At least Serena's Eevee evolved into the Gen 6 Eevee Sylveon.
Yeah those were fine but it somewhat becomes whiplash in my opinion when you add an additional two characters who's Eevee's basically did nothing. Sylveon and Glaceon were fine.
And that's why hopefully she isn't. There isn't any new Eevee evolution to promote and so it'll probably be like Lana's and Chloe's just staying the same and stagnant. Being the fifth Eevee in total and third not even evolving.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
For the Pokégirl and a possible Eevee, what I would like to see as a Pokégirl that has a battling goal and gets Eevee because she knows that it can evolve into a whole lot of Pokémon. She holds off on evolving it for a while not only to teach it some good moves that could provide some type coverage, but also so that she can catch some other Pokémon and fill out her team, seeing their types and abilities to know what she could evolve Eevee into so it would work best with her team. If her team lacks a Psychic-type attacker, Espeon's her mon. If it needs an Electric-type, the Jolteon would be perfect. Couple that with giving it Shadow Ball and she's got a good ranged attacker that won't be hard walled by a Ground-type and could give a nasty surprise to a Psychic or Ghost-type opposing Pokémon. The options would be endless for her, which could help form a small arc for what to evolve Eevee into, especially if Eevee already has an idea of what it wants to evolve into.

DuskAstral

And that's why hopefully she isn't. There isn't any new Eevee evolution to promote and so it'll probably be like Lana's and Chloe's just staying the same and stagnant. Being the fifth Eevee in total and third not even evolving.
There may not be a new eeveelution, but there is Terrastalization. And it is precisely this transformation that Penny can promote.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
An asshole Eevee like the Togepi from that one filler but less malicious would be hilarious. If Eevee absolutely has to be on the main cast no matter what at least make it fun to watch.
You know what's a damn shame?

The writers had the perfect opportunity to let Dawn catch that Togepi. It would've been a fun addition to the cast and it would have eventually evolved into Togekiss anyway, so that spot on the team would've been filled by a Togekiss regardless.

And it would feel more natural than Dawn just casually being given a Togekiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.