• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

vondecayle

The narrator will reiterate again that Ash is ten years old at the beginning of the SV anime. In case anyone forgets is anathema to grow up in this franchise!!

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
It’s so funny how they refuse to let any Pokegirl try out Gyms as all. Not even trying them to get a feel if they like them or not. It’s somewhat girls in general though because the only two “main” female characters we know who has done the Gym challenge is Lyra and Bianca. Nemona being Ash’s rival would be nice or if they have him doing something else, allow the main lead to participate.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
It’s so funny how they refuse to let any Pokegirl try out Gyms as all. Not even trying them to get a feel if they like them or not. It’s somewhat girls in general though because the only two “main” female characters we know who has done the Gym challenge is Lyra and Bianca. Nemona being Ash’s rival would be nice or if they have him doing something else, allow the main lead to participate.

It's likely an issue of sexism from people who don't actually write, direct and animate the series.

MunchMunch

Ash and kiawe had an active battle goal. So did dawn and Ash. She doesn't need to be gym battling but there is no excuse to not have an active female battler.since DP
Kiwae had an active battle goal but he still rarely battled and only had three Pokemon. Dawn was before a time when battle goals for everyone was more common.

Something that needs to be said is one of the reasons we clearly see less battles is because the animation for the show got better. It's why we see less battles now compared to back then. It was easier to show many battles back then becomes most of it was recycled stock footage.

It's obvious that they don't want anyone but Ash to have an actual battle orientated main goal.

Last edited:
Well, if there's gonna be a new series coming, it should be announced or teased today, just like SM and JN were teased in September.
No necessarily. They could be hiding it if big changes occur (no more Ash as MC)

UnovaMaster

If it's SV news, it's still not a series that's coming until December since we broke the September pattern

Plus Goh needs the extra 3 weeks of November

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
That doesn't change the fact that so many of the female characters have so little battle experience. Like at all. Lana could of been a trial captian. Boom there, perfect goal for battling

But nah lets make her catch bubbles?

And I don't think they are intentional sexist, but what the writing issues with the female character does give off that vibe
But bubbles are fun lol

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I'll take a Hot take: Pokemon Journeys ends with Ash being retired as a Old Man in Paldea Region and he's with his Pikachu and the young main character (probably Juliana) should came and asks "Who are you?" and He Replied with "I am Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town and This is my Pikachu, friend."
and that's it.
I don’t want that girl in the anime
All right half her hair was cut down this is child abuse in my opinion

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
That doesn't change the fact that so many of the female characters have so little battle experience.
Facts.

I think it's kinda annoying that people keep defending the writing choices. As if asking for a battle-oriented female character is asking for too much.

Or even a female character who knows what she wants for once in her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.