• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Something that needs to be said is one of the reasons we clearly see less battles is because the animation for the show got better. It's why we see less battles now compared to back then. It was easier to show many battles back then becomes most of it was recycled stock footage.
Even then recycled stock footage was still used in ways that felt different and creative, and for nearly every major battle in DP there was good animation and sakuga involved as early as Roark and Gardenia. Some random training battle is not going to have S tier animation and it doesn’t need to. Clearly in JN, excellent animation is not a major factor when it comes to battles considering nearly every one in the series looks mediocre. So if it’s going to be like that for everyone then this is a poor excuse.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Don't turn this into a sexist issue when it isn't.

Eh maybe they are just running out of ideas for goals for characters.

Don't think the writers are sexist.

I literally said that the sexist attitudes was from people NOT involved in actually making the anime. I.E. greedy capitalist executives with out-dated notions of how to make art because they are not creators.

I don’t want that girl in the anime
All right half her hair was cut down this is child abuse in my opinion
How is this a child abuse? I’m raising suspicious… did you quote me for a dark reason, no that would be wrong so I wanted an good ending where Ash grown up and he’s a old man who’s not married

Also, Pokémon journeys just did an unthinkable: goh leaves ash Ketchum

Last edited:

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Goh just went to Paldea, Goh just went to Paldea, the island's a secret place on Paldea

So go on and mope!

"A lie told a hundred times it does not became a truth"

I don't understand what the hell is going on.... Is he leaving now? But why?

?¿??¿?¿?¿?¿?¿

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
All right half her hair was cut down this is child abuse in my opinion
Imagine being such a privileged **** that you need to compare character designs to actual real world crimes.

JustAStatistic

Super Casual Trainer
Pokémon SV will just be a recap of the entire anime.

desdar300

I think regarding the portrayal of female characters.

IMHO, and likely does have to do with the studio as a whole being run by pretty moderate old Japanese men who aren't really looking to upset any nuclear family types.

It's to the point that even the video games are more Progressive on that front with this current generation alone giving us two distinct female rivals and their own story lines

diesglamouris

This anime has a lot of women doing battle things. I think the reason not to have a female MC dedicated battler has more to do with not overshadowing Satoshi's goal. It would be redundant, so even the battler girls competing in the same category with him made their way mostly off-screen.

One reason more to get rid of Satoshi and start anew with the goddess waifu we deserve.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
The thing is: we've had female battlers before.

Characters like May, Dawn and Iris, even though they weren't pursuing gyms, their goal and story involved a ton of Pokemon battles and challenges. Serena battled way less and other Pokegirls after her too. And now Chloe.

It's weird to think that we went from having frequent female battlers in the main cast to less frequent.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Most pokegirls orften starting out like they don't know what to do feels like some self-expression from the writers

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Most pokegirls orften starting out like they don't know what to do feels like some self-expression from the writers
I think it's a relatable topic for many people, but they've done it so many times by now, lmao.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Yeah we’re over it. We know that’s it’s okay to not have a goal or dream to follow initially, like we get it. We’ve gotten it 3 times over by now.

Any excuse against people upset that the girls don’t battle anymore and about their overall treatment in the show now are so strange. Like are you really going so hard for writing that you know can be better? Makes no sense to me

Status
Not open for further replies.