• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I am not sure. On one hand Ash is way too iconic for him to be replaced. On the other hand I think giving a new kid a chance of being a protagonist and star from scratch could be highly entertaining. Feeling that begginers rush.

The only way I could see them do it as a soft reboot about a new Ash from region 9 with his regional Pikachu (electric/fighting, of course) starting of a new journey. Cause I really don‘t know what they could do with Ash from this point onward. Keep the PWC for another run? Would feel lame. Create another tournament? For Ash to scroll around regions again?

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
The series rebranding, going back to "Pokemon" is what has me most confused, it's the kind of tittle you give a reboot. It gives the impression of a new beginning, which for Goh and Koharu it is, but since they are likely only here for this series, it would make no sense to rebrand simply for them
That’s a very valid point in itself.

Another thing is Gou’s catching goal allows him to have any Pokémon needed...Aceburn is Galar-specific as a partner Pokémon but the writers could always craft a reason for its leave. That would offer him space for another partner...both characters encompass battling/catching and Pokémon GO is obviously here to stay. Another main issue is Gou’s goal if he keeps catching he eventually will catch up with the count of Pokémon and getting Mew is a very specific endgame for him.

Satoshi? He’s a marketing face for the show. I’m sure at this point Digimon writers wish they had just kept Taichi and the Adventures cast of Chosen Children given how Toei keeps making content and stories with them over and over and over.....I think it’s a genius strategy for money but storytelling obviously it’s not the best. Plus if they replaced him it would be with another Pikachu trainer with the most generic boy adventurer personality because that’s what the main face of the franchise has to be. Even the game protagonists since customization are all bland and samey-same.

Changing the title to simply Pocket Monsters makes me think the series won’t move at the games’ crunch anymore. Plus the games are so streamlined and content-less it might be for the better for the anime to play by its own rules (SwSh sold very well despite low-efforts by GF) A collection of episodes can cover most “story” modern Pokémon games put out without dragging it on for three years or more and the anime can do its own thing while integrating the regional elements of that current generation.

At this point we can always count on Eevee, Lizardon, etc. making their ways into the main cast.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I know ash is iconic and all, but given that in this particularly series he’s the least important he’s ever been, it does make me reconsider the possibility of them retiring him. Even more so if he does actually take leon’s crown.

The ways i can see them continue with ash is to reboot him, or to have his next goal be something makes him explore the region/world without batting being the main reason.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I'm from the future and can confirm that ash is still the main character
Tell me Mr. Future, would Ash & Pikachu still be the main characters of the anime in 100 years from now? Because no current staff for the anime along all of us would make it to that time.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
Tbh I don't see Ash leaving , but I think Chloe and Goh will probably leave after PM2019.
Tell me Mr. Future, would Ash & Pikachu still be the main characters of the anime in 100 years from now? Because no current staff for the anime along all of us would make it to that time.
There's no way this show is going to last that long lmao.

Decidueye23

Okay so here is my thing. While they have been stretching Ash's goal , so far with a few bumps i still enjoy his goal because it often promtoes new pokemon, new battles etc etc. I know Goh's goal is stretchable, but i mean after a point itd just going to be pokeball throw and gotcha. So i would not want it to get stretched. Realistically i can see him becoming a resesrcher under sonia lile hop did in the games.

Just to add on:
Honestly i see the PWC as another tournament. Something like the BF wherein even if ash wins against leon he would not want to be bound by the PWC and continue on eith something else.

Its just like how sportsmen comepete in the worldcup and then go back to playing other games locally etc. So yeah its fine.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Hmm okay. I wasn't talking about replacements but what Third party would work as Ash's companions during Gen 9 or Gen 10 region?
I would say older gym leader girl. We had two older guys. Now it should be older girl.

@Ace-Barn I think I know why they went with just Pokemon, although I don't wanna butcher it and I may be wrong.

I will say it: Now, I think @Leonhart is a Japanese , so I think he/she may correct me on this one. In 2019 there was Imperial transition from Heisei era to Reiwa era. From what I read in 2019 when new era comes everything must be anew, like fresh from a start, like "rebooted" or something like that. I don't know if this is a truth or not.
So if it is then I think that explains why Journeys is like this. Pokemon in title like in OS. Ash travelling to previous regions like he did in Heisei era and his main region is Kanto like in OS Kanto.
Now what could happen is back to roots in Gen 9( Ash battling gym leaders, going to a league) since they satisfied that fresh start in Journeys. Personally if that happens I wouldn't mind since I would like Ash to win a league that has 64 competitors that he won 8 badges, that finale and semifinale is 6 on 6.

Last edited:

Durrendal

Ash is being sidelined and deliberately overshadowed by a rookie so what they can cut him off the new series.

Pokeball chucker Goh is the going to be the new protagonist.

Maybe they could do a time skip, and have the next saga be about Ash's child. Maybe they could have a Pichu bred from Ash's Pikachu as their partner.
Yes please.

What's probably going to happen: Ash stays or Goh becomes the new protag
What I want (and it could happen if TPC gets their **** together): Ash and Serena's child being the new protagonist so that Ash is still in the show and they can have Pikachu

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
They went back to just calling the show plain old "Pocket Monsters" again, so is there GOING to be anything after it? And if so, are they just going to call it "Pocket Monsters: (some subtitle)" after gen 8 ends? That would just make going back to a subtitleless title like that feel even more weird.
I think they could pull something a bit like "arc names". Kind of like what BW did with "sub-names" like "Season 2", "Episode N" and "DA" when we reach the generation shift.

Alternatively, they may just do gradual changes. Or just add a new cast member (girl, most likely). Or change nothing at all.

In my opinion, they probably haven't thought about it. Yajima's said he and his team would found out the series was done one year before SM started so assuming we'll have a new gen next year, then they may be about to find out. If that's the case, I think we might see hints of it with the developments we'll get along this year.

Satoshi? He’s a marketing face for the show. I’m sure at this point Digimon writers wish they had just kept Taichi and the Adventures cast of Chosen Children given how Toei keeps making content and stories with them over and over and over.....I think it’s a genius strategy for money but storytelling obviously it’s not the best. Plus if they replaced him it would be with another Pikachu trainer with the most generic boy adventurer personality because that’s what the main face of the franchise has to be. Even the game protagonists since customization are all bland and samey-same.

I, for one, am glad they changed the protagonists. I've found Takato, Masaru/Marcus, Taiki/Mikey and Haru to be much better leads than Tai will ever be.

Davis and Takuya are a bit of a "middle of road" deal for me. I like them more than I do Taichi but they are far from being my favorites. I'll say my opinion on Davis improved a bit with his portrayal on Kizuna though.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I can't really see the PWC returning for the next gen. It doesn't seem like something that would last beyond one gen because of how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.