• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
lucario has not done anything yet. cinderace devours most screentime from those 70 pokemons of goh
I don't care, its an eyesore by just existing.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
On the off-chance Go stays, I don't think they have to get rid of Cinderace. It could still be his ace for tough matches. Or it can stay at the lab and be his Charizard. I just think they'd give him a cute shouldermon to be his main mascot.

DuskAstral

I think Gou will stay permanently. His dream allows him to do so. For this he was made a companion, and would it make sense if he had not been?
As for Cinderace, why would Gou remove him from the main team? I think its presence would not prevent you from catching 9th gen Pokémon

colomb

I wouldn't rule out the possibility that this is the end of Ash. The show is doing a lot the things that you would expect it to do if it were getting ready to wrap things up with Ash winning a league, then aiming for the #1 rank, and older characters returning.

In terms of the future of animated Pokemon content, I think it's possible they do what a lot of other franchises are doing these days (Marvel, DC, Transformers and even Power Rangers) by creating different content for different age groups. You could have some preschool show like "Pikachu and Friends" and another show with a somewhat older bent, perhaps one that more directly adapts the games. They've sort of already moved in this direction with Twilight Wings and Generations but those were just shorts.
Granted, this franchise has never really cared about older fans which is why I was kind of reluctant to even suggest this.

WaterTypeStarter

It is possible that the current anime called simply "Pokémon" in Japan may end up being an episodic series with Ash and Goh's plots going indefinitely, maybe Ash meets old companions or characters from the current gen games but with nothing ever changing in coming decades as long as the show lasts.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I think Gou will stay permanently. His dream allows him to do so. For this he was made a companion, and would it make sense if he had not been?
As for Cinderace, why would Gou remove him from the main team? I think its presence would not prevent you from catching 9th gen Pokémon
Mostly it would be weird to see a companion ditch their partner. It would be like if Ash ditched Pikachu and instead used the new region's Pikaclone every time.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It is possible that the current anime called simply "Pokémon" in Japan may end up being an episodic series with Ash and Goh's plots going indefinitely, maybe Ash meets old companions or characters from the current gen games but with nothing ever changing in coming decades as long as the show lasts.
They can't continue with this once the PWC ends. It'll be even weirder if the next region gets the Journeys treatment.

Leonhart

Imagineer
On the off-chance Go stays, I don't think they have to get rid of Cinderace. It could still be his ace for tough matches. Or it can stay at the lab and be his Charizard. I just think they'd give him a cute shouldermon to be his main mascot.

I assume that it would be treated like Pikachu and remain as a mascot despite it not being relevant in later generations, but they'd also give Gou a secondary mascot to promote future games.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

I've said this several times and I'm repeating myself but... At least on Gen 9 we may be garanteed to have the Galar starters via transfer. Pokémon Go will probably have the Galar starters already or about to do so. Thus no reason to not have Cinderace around. They might just rotate his shoulder mon with the new cutie starter

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I've said this several times and I'm repeating myself but... At least on Gen 9 we may be garanteed to have the Galar starters via transfer. Pokémon Go will probably have the Galar starters already or about to do so. Thus no reason to not have Cinderace around. They might just rotate his shoulder mon with the new cutie starter
I can't see Goh just ditching Cinderace for the Gen 9 starters.
They can't continue with this once the PWC ends. It'll be even weirder if the next region gets the Journeys treatment.
Yeah. The PWC is not a format that can work in future gens.

Morax

King of heroes
I wouldn't rule out the possibility that this is the end of Ash. The show is doing a lot the things that you would expect it to do if it were getting ready to wrap things up with Ash winning a league, then aiming for the #1 rank, and older characters returning.

In terms of the future of animated Pokemon content, I think it's possible they do what a lot of other franchises are doing these days (Marvel, DC, Transformers and even Power Rangers) by creating different content for different age groups. You could have some preschool show like "Pikachu and Friends" and another show with a somewhat older bent, perhaps one that more directly adapts the games. They've sort of already moved in this direction with Twilight Wings and Generations but those were just shorts.
Granted, this franchise has never really cared about older fans which is why I was kind of reluctant to even suggest this.
oh we're definitely nearing the endgame. i just hope we get a closure for every companion ash has traveled with.

Status
Not open for further replies.