• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune Knight

I have already said this like 1000 times so I apologize if anyone recognizes this as me repeating myself.

I would like Journeys to carry over to Gen 9 like the OS did with Gen 2; they can keep the aspect of the characters being research assistants and hopping from region to region, and instead of having the over-arching story being the WCS it can revolve around something darker like investigating a legendary or taking down an evil organization or something.

I also like the idea of Ash catching older Pokémon, many of which people always wanted him to get so I would personally like it if they continue that trend, and have him leave his current team at Cerise's Lab so we can still see them.

Since Tyranitar is confirmed as part of Gen 9 region's pokédex, I'd like him to officially get the Larvitar that he befriended at Mt. Silver theneventually evolve it into its final form.

Gingertail24

I have already said this like 1000 times so I apologize if anyone recognizes this as me repeating myself.

I would like Journeys to carry over to Gen 9 like the OS did with Gen 2; they can keep the aspect of the characters being research assistants and hopping from region to region, and instead of having the over-arching story being the WCS it can revolve around something darker like investigating a legendary or taking down an evil organization or something.

I also like the idea of Ash catching older Pokémon, many of which people always wanted him to get so I would personally like it if they continue that trend, and have him leave his current team at Cerise's Lab so we can still see them.

Since Tyranitar is confirmed as part of Gen 9 region's pokédex, I'd like him to officially get the Larvitar that he befriended at Mt. Silver theneventually evolve it into its final form.
I agree that I like ash catching old pokemon and him not being limited to the regional pokemon. Although I prefer if journeys ends here and gen 9 is a new anime with characters

Master Pikachu 11

I don’t mind if he catches other old gen mons like Tyranitar since there were plenty of old gen mons that I felt he should have caught in their respective series, but I also want some new mons on his team as well.

Ibrahim Saidu

I love the idea to be honest as long as Goh is not travelling with Ash in Gen 9

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Come on Game Freak, show something about scarlet and violet that will throw this entire board into chaos.

Anything to relieve us of these back and forths

If they follow what they did with SWSH we shoud have a legendary and some pokemon revealed in 1-2 months.

desdar300

So much this. It’s been pretty much the same arguments since the thread started. Hopefully we’ll get news in the next 2 months like past generations.
I'm assuming it's May tbh and we're probably going to get the core cast, the mascots, and some new Pokemon in a presents.
By then we'll probably know what the gym equivalent is and whether or not they're going to make another Leon tier character who's the best of the best

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I'm assuming it's May tbh and we're probably going to get the core cast, the mascots, and some new Pokemon in a presents.
By then we'll probably know what the gym equivalent is and whether or not they're going to make another Leon tier character who's the best of the best
And then wait until September or October to get the first hints of what the anime plans to do

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I agree 100%. Late May or early June right before the usual E3 time (even though E3 was canceled this year). I hope we get more focus on how they’ll tackle an official open world game more than anything. Will be interesting see where the anime is by the time we get to the next news drop.

desdar300

I agree 100%. Late May or early June right before the usual E3 time (even though E3 was canceled this year). I hope we get more focus on how they’ll tackle an official open world game more than anything. Will be interesting see where the anime is by the time we get to the next news drop.
Yeah there is a lot that has changed in the past few years.

The series has slowly moved away from the Pokemon go craze and it's playing catch-up.
I don't like most people on this board realize how important that is for the series identity.

DatsRight

Really I don't mind the anime being a bit more free range in how it markets the franchise, referencing big spin offs instead of just the stuff from the main gen games each series. Execution still leaves a lot to be desired, but the potential in freedom is not the flaw here.

Previous series like XY felt like they were getting too limited and self contained in what they could and couldn't use. It reminds me how the DIC Mario cartoons only used characters and concepts from the specific game they were adapting, like the audience just wouldn't understand who this Toad guy was.

Say what you will about SM and Journeys' storytelling but they at least have made the anime universe of the previous seasons feel like one consistent world.

desdar300

Really I don't mind the anime being a bit more free range in how it markets the franchise, referencing big spin offs instead of just the stuff from the main gen games each series. Execution still leaves a lot to be desired, but the potential in freedom is not the flaw here.

Previous series like XY felt like they were getting too limited and self contained in what they could and couldn't use. It reminds me how the DIC Mario cartoons only used characters and concepts from the specific game they were adapting, like the audience just wouldn't understand who this Toad guy was.

Say what you will about SM and Journeys' storytelling but they at least have made the anime universe of the previous seasons feel like one consistent world.
I think SM did a pretty good job marketing the overall Generation 7.

They had a guideline to follow but were able to kind of mix and match whatever they please.

JN on the other hand is what happens when Japanese Executives overdoses on capitalism and we get a Frankenstein of a series.

It tries to mix and match elements of Pokemon go with generation eight content while also promoting the 25th anniversary of the anime itself.

That's already a lot of coats to put on and then you throw in the virus and game freak dunking G9 on everybody and you start to wonder if this was probably the best approach to take?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
JN on the other hand is what happens when Japanese Executives overdoses on capitalism and we get a Frankenstein of a series.

It tries to mix and match elements of Pokemon go with generation eight content while also promoting the 25th anniversary of the anime itself.

That's already a lot of coats to put on and then you throw in the virus and game freak dunking G9 on everybody and you start to wonder if this was probably the best approach to take?

so what were they supposed to do, send Ash around Galar? though i suppose that wouldn't have lead to the controversy of the future.

either way i wonder if they'll do the home base format again, after all SM started that.

Ignition

Wouldn’t say other series made the anime universe feel any less consistent than SM/JN did. The anime has had more creative use of the source material (even if it wasn’t a good execution like the Darkest Day arc) while also having its own spin. Natural continuity is also hit or miss but they’re improving on that for the most part. I’d say SM & JN have put more emphasis on incorporating the new and old whereas older series had anime exclusive content mostly as little extra additions that enhanced the series in small doses.
I think SM did a pretty good job marketing the overall Generation 7.

They had a guideline to follow but were able to kind of mix and match whatever they please.

The lack of proper Gen 8 focus and lackluster PWC fights really makes me wish Galar had at least Twilight Wings running alongside it to flesh out the region more.

desdar300

so what were they supposed to do, send Ash around Galar? though i suppose that wouldn't have lead to the controversy of the future.

either way i wonder if they'll do the home base format again, after all SM started that.
They could have just use the Pokemon go teams to give go a specific goal from the jump.

The team Valor leader vaguely looks like him, so why not make that his older sister that evil is in the shadow of?
The teams would basically just be project Mew but he would have Rivals from the Mystic or Instinct teams.

The PWC can remain and boom instant Improvement compared to what we have now.
The biggest shoe with Journeys is that it felt pretty directionless during its first half IMHO, and it only really found its footing near the latter half.

Go was just randomly capturing Pokemon because staff thinks Japanese kids care about Pokemon go.

Ash was basically just along for the ride because he's the main character.

While Koharu was a semi drifting presence that honestly was at her most interesting.
Wouldn’t say other series made the anime universe feel any less consistent than SM/JN did. The anime has had more creative use of the source material (even if it wasn’t a good execution like the Darkest Day arc) while also having its own spin. Natural continuity is also hit or miss but they’re improving on that for the most part. I’d say SM & JN have put more emphasis on incorporating the new and old whereas older series had anime exclusive content mostly as little extra additions that enhanced the series in small doses.

The lack of proper Gen 8 focus and lackluster PWC fights really makes me wish Galar had at least Twilight Wings running alongside it to flesh out the region more.
Hopefully the Espina region fairs better and I will laugh my ass off if the champion of the region is declared to be the strongest in the series via the games.

I would adore to see the excuse as to why nobody from generation nine participated in the PWC despite the obvious reason why

Ignition

They could have just use the Pokemon go teams to give go a specific goal from the jump.

The team Valor leader vaguely looks like him, so why not make that his older sister that evil is in the shadow of?
The teams would basically just be project Mew but he would have Rivals from the Mystic or Instinct teams.

The PWC can remain and boom instant Improvement compared to what we have now.
The biggest shoe with Journeys is that it felt pretty directionless during its first half IMHO, and it only really found its footing near the latter half.

Go was just randomly capturing Pokemon because staff thinks Japanese kids care about Pokemon go.

Ash was basically just along for the ride because he's the main character.

While Koharu was a semi drifting presence that honestly was at her most interesting.
Hopefully the Espina region fairs better and I will laugh my ass off if the champion of the region is declared to be the strongest in the series via the games.

I would adore to see the excuse as to why nobody from generation nine participated in the PWC despite the obvious reason why
Preparing myself for when the Gen 9 Champion is like “The PWC? Never heard of it” and just moves on lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.