• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
We had truth vs ideals in the bw games but the anime failed to use that and we got an Ash reset instead.

Part of the reason why the unova reset was likely done in the way it was, was due to the fact that the first 2 BW games were cut off from the rest of the series, outside of the dream world you couldn't use older pokemon until you completed the main story, and they likely wanted to reflect that, but they went too far with it by "resetting" Pikachu in a bad way, especially after coming off the sinnoh league.

The fact that these games are open world though, that really makes me think we'll be continuing the world tour, at least with Ash should he still be around.

Morax

King of heroes
kek so much for "beating leon is one step to being a pokemon master" if he’s just gonna be reset next gen and we won’t see what that next "step" would be
The “next step”
gold-roger-one-piece.gif

Desgard

If somebody told you that Pokemon Legends Arceus would exist in 2013, I doubt you would believe it either.

Something being hard to believe doesn't take away its validity
But Gamefreak would have to design two huge maps for every town and area in the game. I find that unlikely with the limited development time

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Pokémon Master is about befriending and meeting a bunch of Pokémon so Satoshi will never achieve his goal because more Pokémon will keep being made (Satoshi battling/traveling is just an avenue to meet and befriend more Pokémon) If I remember I Choose You stuff around 2017 specifically stated this

Last edited:

Ashton Ketchum

I had one idea - as theme of S/V is "past vs future", and, probably, we get a time travel, we may get this. A story about Ash and Serena's son (I prefer for him Japanese name - Satoru, in memory of Satoru Iwata), who only started his journey. And he (probably, with one his friend) somehow got into the past, and meet with his young father - Ash. He joined to his journey the new region, with goal to back in his time. However, he keeps the secret from Ash to a certain extent that he is his son. There will be an interesting topic like "if my father and I were the same age, would we be friends?". They can also do one arc about how Ash got to the future. And arrange Ash's battle against himself, grown up himself.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
We still have only 170 days to know whatever they're going to throw us.

World Turtle

Part of the reason why the unova reset was likely done in the way it was, was due to the fact that the first 2 BW games were cut off from the rest of the series, outside of the dream world you couldn't use older pokemon until you completed the main story, and they likely wanted to reflect that, but they went too far with it by "resetting" Pikachu in a bad way, especially after coming off the sinnoh league.

The fact that these games are open world though, that really makes me think we'll be continuing the world tour, at least with Ash should he still be around.

Saw an interesting suggestion: Koraidon is the invention of the wheel while Miraidon is the invention of the jet engine. They're the legendary equivalent of deities (such as Hermes) of travelers.

The third might be a boat dragon.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
At this point I have three major hopes:
1. Focus on the new region. Please. Galar got shafted hard with the current series, where they could have expanded on some of the locations present in the game.

2. For the love of God, can whoever gets the grass cat *please* evolve the damn thing? Unless Goh’s Grookey just evolves out of nowhere we haven’t had an evolved Grass starter on the main cast since Gen 4.

3. Whatever the cast is,if Ash or Goh are sticking around or whatever, make sure their goals are fleshed out and given ample focus. Neither Goh, nor Ash’s goals got properly fleshed out or given enough focus in my eyes and it hurt the series in a major way.

Desgard

I think the PWC is done after Journeys. I don't think it'll be the traditional series and something new again but I think the PWC arc will be over this year and there will be a whole new story for the Gen 9 region
Well what is there to do then? If the next game has no Gyms, is mostly open world, or deals with possible schools, it doesn't really fit Ash. Ash is mostly centered around battling, so they might as well keep the PWC. Obviously the legends/lore would be covered but that doesn't interfere with Ash's main quest.

Broseph08

Well what is there to do then? If the next game has no Gyms, is mostly open world, or deals with possible schools, it doesn't really fit Ash. Ash is mostly centered around battling, so they might as well keep the PWC. Obviously the legends/lore would be covered but that doesn't interfere with Ash's main quest.
Who knows? We know nothing about Gen 9 other than it is open world. There is also nothing about schools, that is just speculation so far. They can come up with anything

Desgard

I don't think Gyms will return because open world implies you can go around in any order exploring. The Pokecenters were replaced with gas stations. Obviously they'll be some kind of trainers to battle, but I think the traditional formula is done for

Status
Not open for further replies.