• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Scarlet one is suppose to be Dragon/Fighting and Violet one is suppose to be Dragon/Electric

Well i suppose if the first one was Dragon/fire we'd have a unova repeat on our hands, not that the games aren't taking some elements as is...as unova had some past vs present elements in their games but not to the same extremes.

kind of scared though of the prospect of the grass cat being grass/dark...litten was fire/dark and became a heel wrestler...could this one go luche libre?

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Sorry I'm late guys I've been at work all day T_T

Anyways so about the new SV news...

Let's get this out of the way. The new Professors are Hot af. Violet Professor looks like that Chad meme I've seen going around and I love it. The Scarlet Professor is setting off my Bi alarms!

Anyways now that Horny posting is outta the way

The new Rival girl looks rad. That should've been the Female MC's design imo

So far aside from the Legendaries, the new Pokemon aren't really doing much for me so far.

Pawmi is cute but it's just another Pikachu clone and it doesn't even get a secondary typing unlike the last 4 gens. That's kinda boring imo

Lechonk is an excellent name but I'm not feeling it's design so far and if what I'm hearing about it's Evolution is true, I think I might end up steering clear of it.

Smoilve is feels like it could've been a Regional form of Budew. I wonder if it's Evolution looks anything like Roserade?

Now the Legendaries.

I LOVE them! They caught my attention so quickly!

First of all I love Lizards! And the fact that the Legendaries are Lizards makes me love them more

Miraidon looks like 3-way mix of Inteleon, Toxtricity, and Lugia and I am for it! Definitely getting Violet

Koraidon looks fantastic too! A bit overly designed but fantastic nonetheless.

In regards to the Starters.

I sad as I am to say, I don't forsee Sprigatito or Quaxly going to Ash.

Quaxly if only because, Ash literally just had Sirfetch'd in Journeys and if those rumors about Quaxly's final evolution being Fighting type are true, I sincerely doubt that the writers would give Ash 2 Fighting Type Ducks back to back

Sprigatito just screams "Female Companion Mon" to me.
Even in the Trailer, it's the Female MC who is shown sending it out.

Dont get me wrong, I'd love to be wrong on both of these accounts but with the way the Anime works nowadays. I just can't see it....

If Ash gets a Gen 9 Starter, Fuecoco will probably the one

Master Pikachu 11

Do you see Goh with Cinderace on his shoulder? No? That's because Goh rotates his shoulder Pokémon when the marketing team calls for it. Otherwise, you would be mistaken that Grookey is his starter Pokémon.

And secondly, Goh's so-called starter Pokémon aren't really starter Pokémon. They're Pokémon that Goh captured, not Pokémon given to him by a professor. Thus, like Ash during his days of catching starter Pokémon, Goh could easily phase out his Galar Starters in favor of Gen IX starters. I mean, he already has a Froakie, now Frogadier, on his team.
Cinderrace is still his partner Pokémon and pretty much the Pikachu of his team, the OP pretty much shows Cinderrace alongside Pikachu at the beginning the first poster has Cinderrace alongside Ash’s Pikachu. The anime doesn’t need to say that they are starter Pokémon because they know that the viewers know that they are starters. Again every character that has appeared in the anime who’s main partner is a starter Pokémon did not return to series as a main cast member again. Otherwise May, Dawn, Serena, and Lana could have pulled a Brock and returned as part of the main cast again.
Well i suppose if the first one was Dragon/fire we'd have a unova repeat on our hands, not that the games aren't taking some elements as is...as unova had some past vs present elements in their games but not to the same extremes.

kind of scared though of the prospect of the grass cat being grass/dark...litten was fire/dark and became a heel wrestler...could this one go luche libre?
Yeah I understand your concern about Sprigatito, which is why I am hoping that it stays on all four legs instead of two.

Gingertail24

try telling that to Brock.

and who's to say things can't change? haven't the past two series alone shown that things can change from what we thought was always going to be the same formula?
There not gonna ditch cinderace, grookey, Inteleon, for the new starters. That's basically goh Pikachu. Could you imagine dawn ditching piplup for fennekin?

It makes more sense to just have a new protagonist that can help promote the starters

Desgard

What's weird is I see people speculating Misty/Brock are returning to the cast. Like wtf? If the writers didn't bring them back in a saga set in Kanto for 70% of its episodes, why on earth would they be in Spain?

ShadowForce720

There not gonna ditch cinderace, grookey, Inteleon, for the new starters. That's basically goh Pikachu. Could you imagine dawn ditching piplup for fennekin?

It makes more sense to just have a new protagonist that can help promote the starters
They could have him keep Cinderace on his active team and bench Inteleon and Grookey while getting a gen 9 starter.

And frankly if the world tour theme continues into gen 9 portion of the anime then there isn’t necessarily a need to replace Goh.

Replacing Goh would only be necessary if the gen 9 anime was going to take place exclusively in the gen 9 regions like the anime before the current series did.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Cinderrace is still his partner Pokémon and pretty much the Pikachu of his team, the OP pretty much shows Cinderrace alongside Pikachu at the beginning the first poster has Cinderrace alongside Ash’s Pikachu. The anime doesn’t need to say that they are starter Pokémon because they know that the viewers know that they are starters. Again every character that has appeared in the anime who’s main partner is a starter Pokémon did not return to series as a main cast member again. Otherwise May, Dawn, Serena, and Lana could have pulled a Brock and returned as part of the main cast again.

Yeah I understand your concern about Sprigatito, which is why I am hoping that it stays on all four legs instead of two.

Brock's Onix is iconic even back then. When people are asked of who is Brock's Pokémon, it's always Onix. Big boulder snake is very easy to remember and Brock often used him during the many battles against Team Rocket. Yet Onix got benched by the time of Gen III. And Brock's Forretress is not available to catch in Ruby and Sapphire (that wouldn't till Emerald), so Brock went into Hoenn with a non-marketable Pokémon even though he has Geodude.

Cinderrace is used as a counterpart to Lucario, not to Pikachu. In the OP, it's Grookey and Pikachu.

Really, I recall that this argument didn't really existed until Goh showed up and I suspect this is another moving the goal posts.

Prior to Goh, the biggest argument against May, Dawn, Iris, Serena and Lana joining Ash in the next series is the fact they are all based on game characters with specific goals to promote the current generation, and thus will retire from Ash's group once that generation ends and a new one begins.

But Goh has no game counterpart. He's an original character in the anime, and his goal is so nebulous that he could literally go to any region he likes and it will still fit with the series. Gotta Catch 'Em All. Oh sure, he wants to catch Mew. But that's like saying Ash will retire after he beats Leon. Like no, Goh will not simply retire if he caught Mew. His ultimate goal is catching all the Pokémon, it's just that Mew is the first physical step to realize that goal just like Ash defeating Leon is a physical step to becoming Pokémon Master.

If one were to expect Goh to leave the series just because his universal goal isn't enough to go to the next region, then I will say it is also just as likely we see Ash leave the series because his goal may not align with SV's new regional gameplay. Ash and Goh can adapt and to say one couldn't is simply making the case for the other to leave as well.

desdar300

If Ash wins he has to defend his newfound title, he can't just discard it because of the sheer prestige it has compared to everything else he's done, and if he loses he could try again.

like it or not the PWC is more flexible with who Ash can face, because he could come up against anyone, not just a set group of people we know off hand he's destined to fight which is what gym circuits end up being, so if he sticks around I don't see why they shouldn't continue it.

You never know, they might want to keep Goh to keep representing pokemon go, and they could switch him from the galar starters to the new ones, granted Ash better get one this time if he sticks around.
I guess my only issue with the PWC continuing is that it feels like they've already peaked with the concept Imo.

In the first season we see Ash go against the video game champions which was always kind of like a Dream Within the fandom.

Having him fight the people under those champions like other elite four members such a Sydney or Karen would feel like a downgrade along with the idea that they're probably going to want him to lose the title and have to possibly regain it back with would kind of be redundant.

This is specially becomes more weird if they want to throw in rumored generation 9 characters because the rumored female champion would have to Trump Ash at least once so she doesn't look like an absolute pushover

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
What's weird is I see people speculating Misty/Brock are returning to the cast. Like wtf? If the writers didn't bring them back in a saga set in Kanto for 70% of its episodes, why on earth would they be in Spain?
I haven't seen anyone say that at all lol

Desgard

First of all don't be so absolute because we don't even know what the progression system is.
If the Chinese leeks are to be believed, there's plenty of content for the anime to use
I don't know why you always take these chinese leaks at face value.

desdar300

I don't know why you always take these chinese leaks at face value.
I do because they always turn out to be correct.
It's been that way for almost six years now.
So much so that I'm actually surprised that someone like you has never really heard of khu, the uncles, or the Chinese Riddler

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I guess my only issue with the PWC continuing is that it feels like they've already peaked with the concept Imo.

it's still more flexible than sending him back on a gym circuit, and we know that if he wins he can't just discard it and walk away, cause that would be disrespectful to all who entered.

In the first season we see Ash go against the video game champions which was always kind of like a Dream Within the fandom.

Having him fight the people under those champions like other elite four members such a Sydney or Karen would feel like a downgrade along with the idea that they're probably going to want him to lose the title and have to possibly regain it back with would kind of be redundant.

It depends on how many champions he actually fights here, if he was to fight all of the others right now (which i'm hoping doesn't happen and would be overkill) then maybe it'd be "peaking" but hopefully he'll only battle no more than 3 so that still leaves "meat" on the table for later.

Also, I would say the bare minimum level of skill/power for someone to have to challenge Ash going forward beyond this season without him holding back would be someone on the level of Volkner/Bea, a gym leader that's as powerful as an elite 4 member or at least trainers on that same level.

This is specially becomes more weird if they want to throw in rumored generation 9 characters because the rumored female champion would have to Trump Ash at least once so she doesn't look like an absolute pushover

why does this person have to "beat" Ash to prove they are tougher? just like with Leon and Ash should he come up short it still shows how strong he is to the rest of the world, his strength can't be written off anymore, the same could be said for the gen 9 champion if they fight Ash and come up just barely short, it doesn't make them look any less weak.

desdar300

it's still more flexible than sending him back on a gym circuit, and we know that if he wins he can't just discard it and walk away, cause that would be disrespectful to all who entered.

It depends on how many champions he actually fights here, if he was to fight all of the others right now (which i'm hoping doesn't happen and would be overkill) then maybe it'd be "peaking" but hopefully he'll only battle no more than 3 so that still leaves "meat" on the table for later.

Also, I would say the bare minimum level of skill/power for someone to have to challenge Ash without him holding back would be someone on the level of Volkner/Bea, a gym leader that's as powerful as an elite 4 member or at least trainers on that same level.

why does this person have to "beat" Ash to prove she's tougher? just like with Leon and Ash should he come up short it still shows how strong he is to the rest of the world, his strength can't be written off anymore, the same could be said for the gen 9 champion if they fight Ash and come up just barely short, it doesn't make them look any less weak.
I say this because I feel like a PWC carries a lot of baggage with it.

Ash potentially facing trainers that are beneath their respective champions or facing some of the same champions again we didn't face in the first round just seems de trop?

Like if it's all title defense are they going to have him win all of his matches?

If he does lose is it going to have to spend a certain amount of episodes trying to reclaim that with number one spot with his brand new team?

I'm not saying gyms are The Logical answer here, but maybe they should think of something else

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
My immediate concern is how they'll restyle Ash again. SV has a very different artstyle and the anime will obviously try to redesign him in some way to match.....it's gonna be another Frankenstein disaster (I actually do like the SV artstyle after yesterday's trailer)
As long as it isn't done like SM's artstyle, it's fine.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I say this because I feel like a PWC carries a lot of baggage with it.

The writers had to have known what they were getting into when they choose this path.

Even if Ash comes up short, things are going to change going forward because he will no longer be stuck in the shadows in the position of a "Greatest story never told" plot, because the pokemon world is starting to see his strength the way we've been seeing it up till now.
Ash potentially facing trainers that are beneath their respective champions or facing some of the same champions again we didn't face in the first round just seems de trop?

considering Ash fought gym leaders after beating a champion and elite four member, this bit of the argument doesn't hold much weight.

as long as someone is as strong as bea/volkner that's good enough.
I'm not saying gyms are The Logical answer here, but maybe they should think of something else

what would you suggest? Becuase we all know if he wins he can't just walk away.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
My immediate concern is how they'll restyle Ash again. SV has a very different artstyle and the anime will obviously try to redesign him in some way to match.....it's gonna be another Frankenstein disaster (I actually do like the SV artstyle after yesterday's trailer)
They should just go back to the OS-DP artstyle with the black eyes for him. He doesn't look right in any other artstyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.