• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingertail24

Goh is shown to bond with his Pokémon even if he doesn't use them in the battlefield. Recall how he tries to get his Heracross to realize Pinsir's lovestruck feelings for him. Or dealing with gluttonous Greedent's big appetite. Or helping Magikarp win a competition that only has Magikarp as contestants. Or just interacting them at the lab hub, which he always does in Journeys. And honestly, Ash's bond with his Pokémon these days are those who share his eagerness to be the strongest Pokémon and beat the toughest opponents. Not really a variety of different goals compared to what Goh has to deal with everyday.

And for the record, while the recent modern games don't allow you to "Catch 'em ALL" as they did in the past, the game still encourages you catch as many Pokémon as you can in the game itself. Note that the big attraction of Galar isn't Gyms or towns... it's the Wild Areas. That's where most of the activities occur and that's what the DLC areas heavily emphasize on. The rest of Galar is an afterthought. And what do you do in the Wild Areas? You CATCH Pokémon.

The problem with Ash is that while he's clear that being a Pokémon Master is more than just winning Leagues, he's been solely doing Leagues for the past several series that it becomes his only known tangible goal. He used to have a dream of catching all the Pokémon, but that went away in favor of Gyms and League battling. Ash is so specialized to battle competition that it's hard to see him play as the protagonist in Legend Arceus. In every other major mainline game, Ash could easily fill the role of the protagonist, even in Galar, because they all share the same format of collecting badges and battling in the League.

But Legends Arceus? That would require Ash's goal to undergo a major overhaul. Less on battling and more on catching. If that revamp makes Ash unrecognizable, then Ash has clearly become too specialized in League competitions. And if the producers decide that Ash doesn't work like that PLA protagonist, then they don't adapt it for the anime or retire Ash completely. Since Scarlett and Violet are undeniably Gen IX mainline games, how they change the formula will greatly affect Ash's role in the anime. Better keep an eye on that.
He mainly bonds with his starters. Everyone else would be rare to see him bond with. Ash has a bond with everyone one of his pokemon, so do toher companion that's why it's easier to be invested in his and last companions teams than goh. Who cares about goh 100+ pokemon we see once in a blue moon?

Yeah you catch them, but not catch them all. We do t need goh to do a simple thing that literally any other character can do. Besides who cares about the wild area, they never even promoted it in the anime, and if they did it sure want heavily promoted. Like I said your using past games to justify goh staying in new ones which doesn't make any sense. I could see your point, but the points your listing are stuff the anime seems to not pay attention to. And the whole putting every pokemon in each gen until now was more on you being to be able to use your favorite without restrictions, not shoving every pokemon into your PC box. Game freak knew one day they werent gonna keep the national dex

Ash was only doing leagues because past games, the main goal was leagues. There not gonna use ash to promote contest. Even in SM ash said he wants to "meet new people and pokemon and become a Pokemon master". You see the point of ash is exploration, finding new people and pokemon to challenge and meet, learn about. The whole Leon episode proves this. The new gen 9 mechanic can be a new challenge for ash. It was never about being the strongest

The main core of the franchise is the relationship players build with their pokemon. Which ash demonstrates in spades, and other companions with a limited team. Goh, yeah heracross and Pinsir is cute, but let's be honest when is the next time we're gonna see them, or his mismagius, or his Scizor? You see the issue with Goh? His goal is such a fundamental flaw with his the franchise, especially the anime works. Like I said before, the whole point was to mainly use your favorites without worry not catching them all. The franchise centers itself around the relationship players/character have with the pokemon which goh poorly implement. So no we don't need goh for gen ,9

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
He mainly bonds with his starters. Everyone else would be rare to see him bond with. Ash has a bond with everyone one of his pokemon, so do toher companion that's why it's easier to be invested in his and last companions teams than goh. Who cares about goh 100+ pokemon we see once in a blue moon?
Considering that I've seen people complaining about Ash not bonding or training his Pokémon enough in Journeys, that has less to do Goh and more to do people getting used to what I call the Competitive Team formula that Ash has been greatly associated with. Say, do you recall Ash interacting with his past Pokémon beyond the competitive team?

Yeah you catch them, but not catch them all. We do t need goh to do a simple thing that literally any other character can do. Besides who cares about the wild area, they never even promoted it in the anime, and if they did it sure want heavily promoted. Like I said your using past games to justify goh staying in new ones which doesn't make any sense. I could see your point, but the points your listing are stuff the anime seems to not pay attention to. And the whole putting every pokemon in each gen until now was more on you being to be able to use your favorite without restrictions, not shoving every pokemon into your PC box. Game freak knew one day they werent gonna keep the national dex
Pokémon Getto Da Ze may not be "Gotta Catch 'Em All", but what is the ultimate endgame of that mentality? You catch them all. Sure, maybe not all of them in the same game, but you still catch as many Pokémon as you can. Goh's goal is childish and unrealistic just like Ash's goal to be a Pokémon Master, but that drive is what keeps him on to go "Pokémon, getto da ze!"

And you're confusing anime promotion with game promotions. In the game marketing, they promoted the hell out of the Wild Areas and for good reason. That was the highlight of the games. A free world area to go anywhere you want. You can't really show that in the anime, but the Wild Area is known for its abundance of wild Pokémon to catch at your leisure. Which fits the theme of "Gotta Catch 'Em"

Goh's primary function is catching Pokémon, even Pokémon that cannot be used in Galar at all. Because he's not promoting a region but a style of gameplay that folks who don't want to go into the competitive route of Pokémon would like, which is catching Pokémon. Without Goh, it would be the same old boring meet "Pokémon of the Day" but we don't catch it because Ash's party is too full.
Ash was only doing leagues because past games, the main goal was leagues. There not gonna use ash to promote contest. Even in SM ash said he wants to "meet new people and pokemon and become a Pokemon master". You see the point of ash is exploration, finding new people and pokemon to challenge and meet, learn about. The whole Leon episode proves this. The new gen 9 mechanic can be a new challenge for ash. It was never about being the strongest

And that has become a problem for Ash because it has made him too specialized with the Leagues. That's what people know him best for. Even in Alola, they had to give him a League. This is why changing Ash's goal to better match with the protagonist's goals in the games is extremely risk as a direction. In contrast, all Goh needs is "NEW Pokémon, I must catch it" mentality and he'll be set.
The main core of the franchise is the relationship players build with their pokemon. Which ash demonstrates in spades, and other companions with a limited team. Goh, yeah heracross and Pinsir is cute, but let's be honest when is the next time we're gonna see them, or his mismagius, or his Scizor? You see the issue with Goh? His goal is such a fundamental flaw with his the franchise, especially the anime works. Like I said before, the whole point was to mainly use your favorites without worry not catching them all. The franchise centers itself around the relationship players/character have with the pokemon which goh poorly implement. So no we don't need goh for gen ,9
Goh represents an honest reality of Pokémon trainers in the game. We never limit ourselves to just a team of Pokémon and nothing else. We are prone to catch any new Pokémon found to add to the Pokedex and then put them in boxes. What Goh shows differently is that he takes great enough influence to ensure his Pokémon are well okay in the hub rather than leave them to rot in the box.

Gingertail24

Considering that I've seen people complaining about Ash not bonding or training his Pokémon enough in Journeys, that has less to do Goh and more to do people getting used to what I call the Competitive Team formula that Ash has been greatly associated with. Say, do you recall Ash interacting with his past Pokémon beyond the competitive team?

Pokémon Getto Da Ze may not be "Gotta Catch 'Em All", but what is the ultimate endgame of that mentality? You catch them all. Sure, maybe not all of them in the same game, but you still catch as many Pokémon as you can. Goh's goal is childish and unrealistic just like Ash's goal to be a Pokémon Master, but that drive is what keeps him on to go "Pokémon, getto da ze!"

And you're confusing anime promotion with game promotions. In the game marketing, they promoted the hell out of the Wild Areas and for good reason. That was the highlight of the games. A free world area to go anywhere you want. You can't really show that in the anime, but the Wild Area is known for its abundance of wild Pokémon to catch at your leisure. Which fits the theme of "Gotta Catch 'Em"

Goh's primary function is catching Pokémon, even Pokémon that cannot be used in Galar at all. Because he's not promoting a region but a style of gameplay that folks who don't want to go into the competitive route of Pokémon would like, which is catching Pokémon. Without Goh, it would be the same old boring meet "Pokémon of the Day" but we don't catch it because Ash's party is too full.

And that has become a problem for Ash because it has made him too specialized with the Leagues. That's what people know him best for. Even in Alola, they had to give him a League. This is why changing Ash's goal to better match with the protagonist's goals in the games is extremely risk as a direction. In contrast, all Goh needs is "NEW Pokémon, I must catch it" mentality and he'll be set.

Goh represents an honest reality of Pokémon trainers in the game. We never limit ourselves to just a team of Pokémon and nothing else. We are prone to catch any new Pokémon found to add to the Pokedex and then put them in boxes. What Goh shows differently is that he takes great enough influence to ensure his Pokémon are well okay in the hub rather than leave them to rot in the box.
Nope it has everything to do with Goh goal. Hard to have a significant bond with 100+ pokemon. Ash had no issue bonding in past series, so this point makes no sense. He bonds with his pokemon as well as other companions. I guarantee you more people care about ash bond with his litten, Pikachu z Greninja etc more than goh bond with his Scizor even if it's just for the "competitive team". Same with last companions if your issue is with ash bonding

No it isn't, you keep saying that but it's not. It's more on catching the pokemon that are your favorite. Because everyone has a favorite pokemon so it makes sense the franchise wanted to use the national dex until now. Besides it's just catching, nothing to do with catching all of them. We had last companions that never had this issues we don't need goh suddenly to implement this

You keep going to gotta catch em, but why does that need goh? I'm focusing on the anime because that is what we're talking about and how it relates to the game marketing. It's promoted in the game, but the anime doesn't give a lick about that. So idk what does has to do with Goh staying or not

Nope, we had ash catch past region pokemon in the this very gen. We had past companions catch other region pokemon. Besides like I said goh mainly focuses on his starters. Who cares if he catches last pokemon if we don't see them? Who cares about mismagius if she is gonna be gone after that one second of catching. Your putting too much weight on goh pokemon, way more than the anime. You think anyone really cares about sakuragi park pokemon. Especially pokemon you can't get in the current games. Which makes his catching promotion even more pointless. Yeah he catches other region pokemon, but if we see them once every 200 episodes what difference does it make??

Ash does that too. Goh represent the fundamental difference between the game and anime. That's why they never had ash go on a catching spree. Because it's the relationship between the player and their pokemon. The anime especially because they are sentient creatures not a bunch of code. Who cares if it's a "realistic" protrayal. Should we also have goh breed pokemon for evees and IVs on the show. The anime never cared about being realistic to the games. So this point is mute

You can say goh takes care of them, which I don't doubt. But the issue is that we don't see enough of that. The anime tried with the flebeb episode and other but it falls flat because the anime doesn't care about goh background pokemon, so why should we?

Last edited:

Shadao

This is where your arguments stop being about actual indications of Goh leaving the series and more "I hate Goh because etc."

Goh bonds with his Pokémon. They all do. It's not Ash's exclusive trait. And Goh interacts with his Pokémon that don't fall into the same category as Ash's competitive team. 5 of 6 times, Ash's Pokémon character focus are all about how to get stronger for the next battle. Rarely these days do you see a focus of Ash's Pokémon doing something other than training for battles. But that's where Goh's Pokémon comes in. They represent the slice of life variety that Ash no longer has anymore. A life that isn't all about battling, but rather Pokémon being Pokémon.

Legends Arceus was a great reminder that Pokémon do more than just battling. And if more games follow that format, then Goh's relevance increases because unlike Ash, he feels like a nature fit to deal with this kind of research field. Ash could adapt, that is true. But adaptation must also come with the understanding that Ash may not thrive and thus be retired because he's not that kind of trainer.

In fact, I will constantly remind people that Ash can be replaced if no one can provide any good reasons other than "traditions".

Gingertail24

This is where your arguments stop being about actual indications of Goh leaving the series and more "I hate Goh because etc."

Goh bonds with his Pokémon. They all do. It's not Ash's exclusive trait. And Goh interacts with his Pokémon that don't fall into the same category as Ash's competitive team. 5 of 6 times, Ash's Pokémon character focus are all about how to get stronger for the next battle. Rarely these days do you see a focus of Ash's Pokémon doing something other than training for battles. But that's where Goh's Pokémon comes in. They represent the slice of life variety that Ash no longer has anymore. A life that isn't all about battling, but rather Pokémon being Pokémon.

Legends Arceus was a great reminder that Pokémon do more than just battling. And if more games follow that format, then Goh's relevance increases because unlike Ash, he feels like a nature fit to deal with this kind of research field. Ash could adapt, that is true. But adaptation must also come with the understanding that Ash may not thrive and thus be retired because he's not that kind of trainer.

In fact, I will constantly remind people that Ash can be replaced if no one can provide any good reasons other than "traditions".
Argument was never "I hate goh", but moreso pointing out why your points on goh doesn't make sense. But if it came across like that, my mistake

Never said goh doesn't bond with his pokemon. Your missing my piut entirely. I'm saying compared to last companions his bond doesn't mean all that much when he has 100+ pokemon. What's his bond with his golar? Deramotan?, His fkygon? What about his mismagius?Can you tell me, you can't other than the he cares about them which I never denied. Idk why this bothers you. Goh only focuses on his starters. Not in a "oh Idc about my other pokemon" but moreso the staff doesn't care about goh non starter Pokemon. Which wouldn't be an issue if he didn't have the whole catchh every pokemon ordeal. You keep pointing how Goh bond is different, which to an extent I understand. But like I said, it's fickle compared to ash because even if they made an episode with him bonding with fkygon, doesn't matter because we won't see it again until 50 episodes after. Sure ash bonding with his pokemon is primarily on battling. But that doesn't stop showing how deep his relationship with his okemon are. Especially is Alola, yeah it was about battling but they felt like family and a team compared with Goh Scizor which was developed than disappeared after goh kept catching more pokemon. Like I said goh bond doesn't hit deep because he rarely has singular one to one with his other mons because there are too many

Legends arcues has no baring on the anime considering they barely promote it. Legends arcesu was on the bonds people started forming with pokemon. Which I don't see how Goh is any special on that compared to ash

Yes ash can be replaced, there is enough reason for it. Never doubted that. I'm just saying, people only claim to that seems to be "can't regress him, his time is done" despite not knowing jack about gen 9 and ignoring the fact that ash loves exploring about people and pokemon

Last edited:

Desgard

I just hope that the anime focuses on gen 9. I don't care if it follows the gym format or not but I think I find the Journeys arc to be worse than what we had before. I know they'll switch things up but for me, the PWC was mostly a dud. And once Ash battles the champions of the Pokémon, there's not much excitement in that arc anymore IMO. So I'll look forward to something new
The PWC definitely is a concept they can use more than once, as obviously there's tons of Elite 4 and Champions Ash hasn't battled yet. They did a good job showing Ash battle characters from each region, people just wrongly assumed Ash would be battling 20-30 people when I knew that would never happen.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Past and future stuff is hopefully not used by having Ash time travel to different time periods and eternally staying 10 years old. That's like throwing all the potential into a swarm of piranhas and see it bleeding for 140+ episodes.

Nemona can be the new protagonist or at least co-star besides the new one. I want a fresh start. Throw every other existing character out of the window please. I am gonna puke when I have to see Ash, Dawn, Serena, Lillie etc. again in the next series after that Journeys mess.

Broseph08

The PWC definitely is a concept they can use more than once, as obviously there's tons of Elite 4 and Champions Ash hasn't battled yet. They did a good job showing Ash battle characters from each region, people just wrongly assumed Ash would be battling 20-30 people when I knew that would never happen.
Yea but once Ash is at the top, defending a title is neither exciting and it'll lose hype once Ash has already battled trainers like Cynthia

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Yea but once Ash is at the top, defending a title is neither exciting and it'll lose hype once Ash has already battled trainers like Cynthia
Yeah. I'm not expecting them to go that route unless Gen 9 is a much shorter gen than usual.

Shadao

Argument was never "I hate goh", but moreso pointing out why your points on goh doesn't make sense. But if it came across like that, my mistake

Never said goh doesn't bond with his pokemon. Your missing my piut entirely. I'm saying compared to last companions his bond doesn't mean all that much when he has 100+ pokemon. What's his bond with his golar? Deramotan?, His fkygon? What about his mismagius?Can you tell me, you can't other than the he cares about them which I never denied. Idk why this bothers you. Goh only focuses on his starters. Not in a "oh Idc about my other pokemon" but moreso the staff doesn't care about goh non starter Pokemon. Which wouldn't be an issue if he didn't have the whole catchh every pokemon ordeal. You keep pointing how Goh bond is different, which to an extent I understand. But like I said, it's fickle compared to ash because even if they made an episode with him bonding with fkygon, doesn't matter because we won't see it again until 50 episodes after. Sure ash bonding with his pokemon is primarily on battling. But that doesn't stop showing how deep his relationship with his okemon are. Especially is Alola, yeah it was about battling but they felt like family and a team compared with Goh Scizor which was developed than disappeared after goh kept catching more pokemon. Like I said goh bond doesn't hit deep because he rarely has singular one to one with his other mons because there are too many

Legends arcues has no baring on the anime considering they barely promote it. Legends arcesu was on the bonds people started forming with pokemon. Which I don't see how Goh is any special on that compared to ash

Yes ash can be replaced, there is enough reason for it. Never doubted that. I'm just saying, people only claim to that seems to be "can't regress him, his time is done" despite not knowing jack about gen 9 and ignoring the fact that ash loves exploring about people and pokemon

You miss the forest for trees. Have you not realized that Pokémon has always been revolving around catching them? While forming bonds is an essential in the Pokémon franchise, the primary gimmick that remains true to all games is you gotta catch Pokémon. Oak wants you to complete the Pokedex, with winning Gyms being a means to become a stronger trainer. You can talk about the bonds of Pokémon as much as you like but in the end, even the bonds tha Ash made with his current Pokémon will not matter much once they too get benched and promptly forgotten until the series decides to randomly bring them back for a reunion that may or may not happen.

Goh is suited to be adapted into future series because his skillsets and goal are broad enough to be reset and not be noticed (since everyone can catch Pokémon and Goh is no competitive battler). Compare that to Ash, who has never suffered a skill reset button since BW likely because of the backlash caused by BW.

My main point is... why are people so determined to believe Goh is leaving when he has just as much reason to stay Ash thanks to his broad goal of "Gotta Catch 'Em All"?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
You miss the forest for trees. Have you not realized that Pokémon has always been revolving around catching them? While forming bonds is an essential in the Pokémon franchise, the primary gimmick that remains true to all games is you gotta catch Pokémon. Oak wants you to complete the Pokedex, with winning Gyms being a means to become a stronger trainer. You can talk about the bonds of Pokémon as much as you like but in the end, even the bonds tha Ash made with his current Pokémon will not matter much once they too get benched and promptly forgotten until the series decides to randomly bring them back for a reunion that may or may not happen.

Goh is suited to be adapted into future series because his skillsets and goal are broad enough to be reset and not be noticed (since everyone can catch Pokémon and Goh is no competitive battler). Compare that to Ash, who has never suffered a skill reset button since BW likely because of the backlash caused by BW.

My main point is... why are people so determined to believe Goh is leaving when he has just as much reason to stay Ash thanks to his broad goal of "Gotta Catch 'Em All"?
Because the next saga might abandon the Journeys format completely in favor of something else.

DatsRight

I feel like Goh's format has potential to expand on the show, but, like many recent ideas, the execution is lacking. I mean I don't find him catching stuff per episode as heinous as some believe it is, but it really doesn't add that much substance since it requires so little agency.

It really comes off like the last couple series have noticed the lethargy the old formula was causing by remaining stagnant and was just throwing tons of ideas against the wall and seeing what stuck. SM was an okay attempt in spite of being slapdash, but I think at this point they need to actually commit to some of these new ideas and develop them meaningfully.

Any ideas for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Anime? remember my thread will be a Speculation for Scarlet and Violet Anime and the Future of Pokémon Anime as long as you can share your speculations and your predictions and your ideas but there will not be leaks this time as Serebii forums don't allow for Leaks.

I'm changing the title name, We will not be discussing leaks here

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Any ideas for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Anime? remember my thread will be a Speculation for Scarlet and Violet Anime and the Future of Pokémon Anime as long as you can share your speculations and your predictions and your ideas but there will not be leaks this time as Serebii forums don't allow for Leaks.

I'm changing the title name.
I'm betting that it'll be keeping the Journeys format with the region hopping. Except it'll be with Ash and his Gen 9 companion instead of Go. Unless they decide to have Ash remain in one region again in which it'll revolve the shenanigans between the two Gen 9 professors.

Status
Not open for further replies.