• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm betting that it'll be keeping the Journeys format with the region hopping. Except it'll be with Ash and his Gen 9 companion instead of Go. Unless they decide to have Ash remain in one region again in which it'll revolve the shenanigans between the two Gen 9 professors.
And what will happen to Goh assuming that PM2019 ends, It seem like Chloe will sadly not be here for SV Anime, I wonder what gen 9 Companion Look like?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
And what will happen to Goh assuming that PM2019 ends, It seem like Chloe will sadly not be here for SV Anime, I wonder what gen 9 Companion Look like?
He'll be like every other companion barring Brock: Gone. He's really not meant to stay around for more than one saga, despite people arguing otherwise.

And it'll just be another original like Go or they maybe decide to have Nemona as Ash's Gen 9 companion.

He'll be like every other companion barring Brock: Gone. He's really not meant to stay around for more than one saga, despite people arguing otherwise.

And it'll just be another original like Go or they maybe decide to have Nemona as Ash's Gen 9 companion.
Eh, I just can picture Nemona being so not great at throwing Pokeball while helping Ash Ketchum complete his goal.

And I can live without the Alternate interpretation version of Game Characters while assuming Nemona gets a new interpretation in Pokémon Anime

BobbbidyBob

It’s time for Ash to suffer in the new season

Gingertail24

You miss the forest for trees. Have you not realized that Pokémon has always been revolving around catching them? While forming bonds is an essential in the Pokémon franchise, the primary gimmick that remains true to all games is you gotta catch Pokémon. Oak wants you to complete the Pokedex, with winning Gyms being a means to become a stronger trainer. You can talk about the bonds of Pokémon as much as you like but in the end, even the bonds tha Ash made with his current Pokémon will not matter much once they too get benched and promptly forgotten until the series decides to randomly bring them back for a reunion that may or may not happen.

Goh is suited to be adapted into future series because his skillsets and goal are broad enough to be reset and not be noticed (since everyone can catch Pokémon and Goh is no competitive battler). Compare that to Ash, who has never suffered a skill reset button since BW likely because of the backlash caused by BW.

My main point is... why are people so determined to believe Goh is leaving when he has just as much reason to stay Ash thanks to his broad goal of "Gotta Catch 'Em All"?
Dude I know what your getting at, but what I'm saying is that yes it's catching, but not catching them all. Which is the difference between goh and the franchise as a whole. It's always been about catching and bond

You say ash bonds won't matter. But I guarantee most people are more invested in his bonds with incineroar, Greninja, Charizard, etc than they are with Goh "bond" with is mismagius, froakie, etc and the 100+ pokemon we barely see him interact with. Your acting like goh pokemon are in a better deal. There are some Pokemon we haven't seen since the first few episodes of journeys

Yes goh can't be regressed but that isn't the end all be all of what makes a character good for the anime. Compared to ash, goh goal is boring. He just tossed a ball and we never see that Mon again until 50+ episode. You really think that's suitable for a main character? Compared to ash, who while does bench them, still has memorable battles with strong trainers, actually training and bonding episodes, we actually see them onscreen and don't disappear.

I'm saying he is likely leaving because he isn't suited for the anime long term. Why do you think PM took the forefront and his catching stopped a huge amount?

Sham

The Guardian of War
While I don’t think Ash will become a teacher (sounds kinda ridiculous sorry), I find it kinda comedic that SM had him in a school-like setting and now he might possibly be going back to school.

Hopefully in the school setting they find ways to bring Chloe into the mix along with Lillie and the classmates since they go to school as well.

BobbbidyBob

While I don’t think Ash will become a teacher (sounds kinda ridiculous sorry), I find it kinda comedic that SM had him in a school-like setting and now he might possibly be going back to school.

Hopefully in the school setting they find ways to bring Chloe into the mix along with Lillie and the classmates since they go to school as well.
Maybe this time he goes to college lol

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

Lillie returns to have a contest on who throws Pokeballs the worst with the new rival character.
like how? His waking up from coma?
Yes

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Dude I know what your getting at, but what I'm saying is that yes it's catching, but not catching them all. Which is the difference between goh and the franchise as a whole. It's always been about catching and bond

You say ash bonds won't matter. But I guarantee most people are more invested in his bonds with incineroar, Greninja, Charizard, etc than they are with Goh "bond" with is mismagius, froakie, etc and the 100+ pokemon we barely see him interact with. Your acting like goh pokemon are in a better deal. There are some Pokemon we haven't seen since the first few episodes of journeys

Yes goh can't be regressed but that isn't the end all be all of what makes a character good for the anime. Compared to ash, goh goal is boring. He just tossed a ball and we never see that Mon again until 50+ episode. You really think that's suitable for a main character? Compared to ash, who while does bench them, still has memorable battles with strong trainers, actually training and bonding episodes, we actually see them onscreen and don't disappear.

I'm saying he is likely leaving because he isn't suited for the anime long term. Why do you think PM took the forefront and his catching stopped a huge amount?
You’re really conflating your huge dislike of Goh with the facts of the matter at hand. I sometimes wonder what would happen to the fandom if Ash leaves the show, but Goh remains as our new protagonist.

Master Pikachu 11

You’re really conflating your huge dislike of Goh with the facts of the matter at hand. I sometimes wonder what would happen to the fandom if Ash leaves the show, but Goh remains as our new protagonist.
Goh’s not going to be the new protagonist because his Pikachu evolved and before you say he could just get a Pichu and evolve it into a Pikachu then I would counter that he would just evolve that Pikachu to Alolan Raichu

Shadao

Goh’s not going to be the new protagonist because his Pikachu evolved and before you say he could just get a Pichu and evolve it into a Pikachu then I would counter that he would just evolve that Pikachu to Alolan Raichu
I never said he would. I’m just wondering how deep the negative reaction will go if he did considering how hostile fans are to the idea of Goh extending his stay to the next series like Brock.

Dragneelo

Anipoke Hiveleader
Didn't know where else to post this query, so here goes. Does anyone know where I can read a summary of each episode till now so I can avoid the episodes I wouldn't like and jump to the ones I would? Links would be much appreciated.
Wait for bulbapedia to update or some pokémon wiki

Gingertail24

I'm really not, but if u want to accuse me instead of arguing my points be my guess. I was actually having fun discussing but oh well, you do you

Idk how stating goh goal is poorly executed and his 100+ pokemon doesn't leave way for attachments for his non starter mons is hate lol

Shadao

I'm really not, but if u want to accuse me instead of arguing my points be my guess. I was actually having fun discussing but oh well, you do you

Idk how stating goh goal is poorly executed and his 100+ pokemon doesn't leave way for attachments for his non starter mons is hate lol
There's a difference between poorly executed and understanding what the concept of his character is. Poorly executed is an opinion of the audience, and it doesn't tell us if a character is actually going to get axed for the next series. Otherwise, Team Rocket would have been axed a long time ago (and Brock would never go beyond Hoenn at least).

What I know is that Goh is a completely original character with a very malleable goal and Pokémon partnership that could extend itself to new series. It's not tied to any specific region and Goh has no endgame because every new generation of Pokémon will include new Pokémon for him to catch. In short, he has the best possible chance to actually move into SV anime without feeling all too jarring. Moreso than Serena, Brock, Misty and Dawn (whom were all candidates for a possible series jump).

So expecting him to leave just because the anime has "traditions" with past protagonists is simply too premature. We don't know if Goh will leave or stay since there is no character like him in the past.

Gingertail24

There's a difference between poorly executed and understanding what the concept of his character is. Poorly executed is an opinion of the audience, and it doesn't tell us if a character is actually going to get axed for the next series. Otherwise, Team Rocket would have been axed a long time ago (and Brock would never go beyond Hoenn at least).

What I know is that Goh is a completely original character with a very malleable goal and Pokémon partnership that could extend itself to new series. It's not tied to any specific region and Goh has no endgame because every new generation of Pokémon will include new Pokémon for him to catch. In short, he has the best possible chance to actually move into SV anime without feeling all too jarring. Moreso than Serena, Brock, Misty and Dawn (whom were all candidates for a possible series jump).

So expecting him to leave just because the anime has "traditions" with past protagonists is simply too premature. We don't know if Goh will leave or stay since there is no character like him in the past.
I'm not saying it's because of traditions or whatever your talking about. I'm saying it's because the gotta catch em all format doesn't work in the anime. You still haven't given me a close bond goh has with his flygon, duramontan, mismagius , and his 50+ pokemon. Give me a reason why his goal can be engaging because for all we seen he just quickly catches it for the most part and then we never see that Mon again. PM is fine, but it's clearly ending after JN. Goh goal is endless yes, but that isn't enough to justify him staying when the anime clearly isn't paying attention to it anymore after PM started

They can make an entirely new concept outside of the traditional form for the anime. That's great, but goh is one of them that doesn't work. Feeling a character goal is poorly formatted for the anime isn't "hate"

I don't feel excited at all for the next series seeing as how every series after DP has really had a big drop in quality. I'm expecting the worst of Ash being reset again and for the usual, predictable status quo stuff happening.
Then why don't Writers do something with Ash in Scarlet and Violet region not that dumb reset :rolleyes:

Edit: Just to be fair, resetting Ash Ketchum would sound like a stupid idea to me anyway, Time Skip will be step in forward for Ash Ketchum, got it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.